DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

@Gonzo, no you don't have to add them as friends.  You can just go in Community Creations and download whoever you wish.  For certain creators you should be able to search for them.

@damnnearfonzie, the rivalries part of UNIVERSE mode takes care of that.  Can have it go from 4, 8 or 12 weeks and there's plenty of cutscenes in that feud.

And I very much agree that Diesel/Taker and Slaughter/Hogan was a pile of nothing.  They could have at least done Warrior/Savage instead for WM7 which was the far superior match from that.

One aspect that people are sleeping on is the ability to choose a default attire for CAWs.  I hated having to constantly manually change that everytime, this is much more convenient.

There are definitely some head-scratchers. How you leave out two of the top ten best WM matches of all-time, Savage/Warrior and HBK/Taker 1, is beyond me.

I think they just got lazy. There are no copyright issues, the guys are already there. I guess they felt we really needed Orton/HHH.

Someone mentioned tweaking move sets. Can you actually go in and make those changes or do you have to burn a CAW spot?Can I create an accurate 90's AJPW crew to come drop guys on their head?

I'm not sure, but you do have 100 CAW slots to use, so you can go nuts with roster building.

Man...I would sooooo love to recreate 90s era AJPW, or even early NOAH. The only sucky thing is that there isn't a round robin mode, which was my favorite part about VPW 2. With all of the fatigue and weight detection and everything else, you could have a lot of fun with an AJPW roster.

If you wait a couple of weeks, I'm sure all of these guys will be available on Community Creations.  The amount of work some people put into their creations is unbelievable, and as long as the servers hold up you shouldn't have any issue downloading anyone you want.  The only blindspots I remember from last year were Marufuji, Hayato Jr., and a Rainmaker create of finisher.  Someone created basically every other person I wanted.

Someone mentioned tweaking move sets. Can you actually go in and make those changes or do you have to burn a CAW spot?Can I create an accurate 90's AJPW crew to come drop guys on their head?

There's guys online like Righteous, Rewmac and Petchy who do solid movesets. You just download the moveset and replace the existing one over any Superstar (in game or downloaded) or your CAWs (created or downloaded). If you don't have an online account, I know Righteous has a YouTube channel that you can watch to get the moveset or join CAWs.ws where you can find most of them typed out. Hope that helps.

So after talking all that shit, and backing up FSW about how 2K14 is going to be another shit game in the franchise. I've decided to get it. You guys better be right about this game, alright! Don't make me regret putting down another $60 on a game that doesn't fucking work. 

There's guys online like Righteous, Rewmac and Petchy who do solid movesets. You just download the moveset and replace the existing one over any Superstar (in game or downloaded) or your CAWs (created or downloaded). If you don't have an online account, I know Righteous has a YouTube channel that you can watch to get the moveset or join CAWs.ws where you can find most of them typed out. Hope that helps.

I should have waited a couple of weeks to buy the game, because all the awesome that the Community Creations section generally brings is currently lacking.  I could only find a good Kobashi and a pretty decent Sami Zayn, so it will be a bit before I start my Universe.  I guess I'll have to focus on the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode for the next week or so.

Just read that the good news is that people can still do modding on this game but the bad news is you have to have a jailbroken or jtagged XBox to get the CAWs. There's already a killer looking Goldust mod that I'd love to have right now.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Found a HUGE flaw in the game.  They are still trying to push the fraudulent story that Randy Savage was fueled by jealousy when the Mega Powers exploded.  Hulk Hogan was a grand standing, scene stealing asshole, who did everything he could to try to overshadow the World's Champion.  The final straw was when Hulk Hogan tried to steal Macho Man's woman, by leaving ringside and letting the Twin Towers to beat Randy Savage into a pulp.  When Macho Man went to find where the love of his life had disappeared to, he found Hulk Hogan trying to molest her unconscious body in the locker room.  Enraged by the betrayal Randy Savage did the only thing any real man would do, he kicked Hulk Hogan's ass.  It pains me to have to use Hulk Hogan in this match, because I was raised right and I don't condone such bitch ass behavior. 

• Like 10

Enraged by the betrayal Randy Savage did the only thing any real man would do, he kicked Hulk Hogan's ass.  It pains me to have to use Hulk Hogan in this match, because I was raised right and I don't condone such bitch ass behavior.

That reminds me... One of the biggest flaws I've noticed of the Wrestlemania mode is not being able to control both wrestlers during matches. Instead you have to wait till the opponent sets up his big moment, or they just remove that moment from the match. They should have given you the ability to switch wrestlers during a match so you can execute both wrestlers big moments. Kinda like how it's done in GTA V.

My Sister bought me WWE '13 last year, surprised to get that game and like it as I haven't liked a Smackdown game in years. I'd like to play this game at some point mainly for 30 Years of WrestleMania. What are the best versions of those matches? Nice seeing the game getting good word of mouth.

Well, that's subjective obviously, but I thought they did the best job on Hogan/Warrior, Savage/Flair, Rock/Austin (17,19), Taker/HBK, and Taker/HHH. They really seemed to take their time with those cutscenes and objectives. They're almost spot on.

Some of the matches they just tell you to win by pinfall or submission and don't actually have the winning scenario as it happened in real life. A good example would be the Jericho/HBK match, where instead of a reversal into a pin, you just have to beat Jericho in any way possible. But with Savage/Steamboat and Savage/Flair, for example, they have you recreate the actual roll up pinfall.

If you care about that sorta thing, not counting the recycled Attitude Era matches from last year, the worst matches were Hogan/Slaughter and HBK/Diesel. They didn't even try with the objectives, attires, cutscenes or video packages.

Thank you. Like you said in a later post and I said earlier in the thread, The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV REALLY should have made it in.

The thing that pissed me off the most about the WM V match is Savage's gear color. THE FUCKING PHOTO OF IT IN THE GAME SHOWS IT AS ORANGE, why the fuck would they even bother making it pink? Still, I love this game a lot so far. The gameplay isn't quite perfect and some things still seem a bit too sped up animation-wise, but the gameplay flows even better than last year and I even managed to have a damn good Cesaro-Cena match online with someone I didn't know beforehand. It's a shame that Brock isn't included in the alteration mode so you can give him something approximating his real logos. I also wish they'd thrown in the Hogan-McMahon match just so they'd have some version of the red and yellow long tights gear - you can't quite get Hollywood changed around to look perfect.

I don't like how fast or slow the strikes are thrown. At times, it looks like the opponent is throwing strikes in turbo mode, meanwhile, I'm stuck at normal speed. 

I've also wrestled two one on one matches online and while I passed on WWE 13, the online performance is light years ahead of WWE 12. My biggest gripe is how my one opponent could seemingly reverse everything I did. I was getting pretty frustrated. I lost that match in a few minutes.

My second match was an epic battle with my opponent controlling Rand E. Orton and I controlled Mark Henry. After 20 minutes of back and forth between us, I won via submission. He hit two RKOs on me, one he hit two early and I kicked out at 1, the other I had to use my ability to kick out. I also got extremely lucky on another kick out after getting punted. What bugged me was that for the life of me I could not get a signature move or a finisher. I basically won with a bear hug. That win was one of the most satisfying victories I've ever had for any game, whether if it was Battlefield, DOTA, etc.

I usually focus on the storyline modes for the first few weeks as it takes a bit of time for the CAW makers to get going and for people to come up with better settings to make the matches flow better. I give those guys credit for having the patience to keep adjusting the game settings and wrestlers overall stats to get everything working better.

It shouldn't be all that surprising that the game turned out this well. I spoke to a buddy of mine who worked on Saints Row 4 and he said that these guys were basically fighting for their jobs with this game.

There really wasn't anyway to create a Rainmaker in 13. All the clotheslines setups were crap.

The Rainmaker will be DLC this year (I think). One of the moves listed for the movepack DLC is something called "Wrist Lock Lariat". I used the short arm clothesline for his finisher in WWE13. The closest thing, really.

Someone go into detail about Universe, please! That's the main selling point of the game, to me. I'm still playing WWE 13 on occasion, and I still haven't gotten a fucking cut-scene (except for that one time).

EA, of all companies, is the only company to abandon the Online Pass thus far.  Everyone else is still using it, until EA can prove that micro-transactions for online perks make more than Online Passes.