DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

Hogan's moveset looked better 3-4 years ago than it does in this game. 

Also, I'm always impressed at how they put in some moves I wouldn't expect, except not quite right.  Like Bryan's Regal-plex he used in Japan is in, but it's a release version.  It's like they've never played Fire Pro!

It's so weird. In some of those videos, it looks like they're channeling a simpler look and making moves look they have more impact. In other videos it just looks like the graphics are rushed and the action is floaty.

• Like 1

It's so weird. In some of those videos, it looks like they're channeling a simpler look and making moves look they have more impact. In other videos it just looks like the graphics are rushed and the action is floaty.

Hulk Hogan, for instance, is just copied over from LOWM. Moveset, look, entrance, everything.

Regal plex has been in with a pin - that version may just require you to press B or X or whatever to make it a pin move.

That's good to know.  Hope so.

I agree about the floaty moves.  I've been wishing they would re-do all the moves going back years as it looks like there were 2-3 different visions for how moves should look.  There's a few moves that are really simple, smooth and nothing fancy, then there's all the ridiculous sell moves complete with bouncing 3 ft in the air after the impact, and then there's the holdovers from the very first game (eg. the backdrop that's been in forever that looks like they've never re-animated it).

It's one of the things that really bothers me about the series.  That and that I had to edit Mason Ryan so he'd stop doing running German Suplexes while I was squashing him with Mark Henry 2 years ago...

A.Why is Diesel wrestling in his vest?

B. They actually showed Kevin Nash's entire career moveset in that 1 minute video.

C. Why/How did Diesel's hair change between his entrance, and his match?

They do the entrance in the 30YOWM mode, and the finisher in exhibition. You can't control the loser of the WM match in WM mode, therefore you can't play as Diesel at WM XII because he lost to the Undertaker.

Entrance - Diesel '96

Finisher - Diesel '94

They could have just played DIesel vs HBK from Mania XI. But I remember seeing a screenshot that showed he had his 94/Mania X attire during the match which doesn't make sense since he looked like and wore attire closer to 96/Mania XII.

Some matches they didn't even really try to make them look authentic. Bret/Yoko WM X, HBK/Diesel WMXI, Jericho/Edge WM XXVI to name a few. The attires are completely wrong.

Gamespot gives it a 6.

And here I was about to jump in this thread to kvetch about the lack of substantive reviews.
I presume are you kidding, because that review is anything but substantive. :-)
It criticizes all of the ongoing problems in the series. The other reviews don't.