DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

I haven't seen formulas in ages since you can download and alter created stuff, but I guess caws.ws is still around.

The Operation Sports dudes seem to really be digging all aspects of the game this year. Still sounds like an expansion with bug fixes for last year's version, but I'm leaning toward buying the game now.

It'll be $40 on Black Friday, so if you can hold tight with '13 until then, might as well save $20.

I paid $25 for it on Black Friday last year.

I haven't seen formulas in ages since you can download and alter created stuff, but I guess caws.ws is still around. 

The Operation Sports dudes seem to really be digging all aspects of the game this year. Still sounds like an expansion with bug fixes for last year's version, but I'm leaning toward buying the game now.

It'll be $40 on Black Friday, so if you can hold tight with '13 until then, might as well save $20.
Eh, I hate BF shopping and if have some Best Buy Rewards certificates to use.So how are you liking the game, MGFanJay?

Haven't been able to play it yet. I was told by my editor that they'd ship it out a couple weeks ago. Then that changed to last week, then Friday, then Monday...and I should have it in my hands at some point today. I'm really not sure why they'd wait so long to send it out, but they threw in a season pass, so that's worth the wait I guess.

Am I the only one having problems adjusting to some of the changes they made to the gameplay? It's throwing my timing way off and I can't hit reversals for shit.

I've started to get the timing down which has made the Defeat The Streak mode easier as I can counter most of Taker's Tombstone attempts (I'm still eating one when the lights go out though)

I haven't bought one of these games since it was still called Smackdown vs Raw. Are there some sites out there that are better than others when it comes to CAWs, move creation, and that sort of thing?

CAW.ws is still around. The only downside to this year is BrienJ has said he won't be doing a texture editor for this game which will definitely affect the quality of certain CAWs being made.

First streak breaker- Retro Flair.

Worked the legs between getting murdered. Go to put on figure four, lights go out. Reverse Taker's attack into a roll up and pin his ass in under 8 min.

Only got like 20k score because ending wasn't dramatic enough and I didn't reverse a tombstone. After the lights went out Taker tried striking instead.

Fuck you that's how Flair would have won!

• Like 4

I think it's an excellent step up from last year. 

AI is more aggressive, they actually hit their big moves and go for pins, reversal system is great.

Universe mode is better just with the AI matchmaking improvements and the ability to handle the rivalries this year. 

Mania mode has also been a blast to play. I'd say it was worth the money where as I couldn't say the same thing for '13.

I played Taker/HBK at WM 26 that was better than their actual match. Really cool.

I've lost twice so far in the mode with 2 WM's left. The fatal 4-way at WM 2000 (Rock turns superhuman at the end) and Cena/HBK at WM 23 because it was friggin' IMPOSSIBLE to put the final STF on.

Man, playing through it made me remember how much WM 27 sucked. The Miz as champ? Rock is "hosting?" That's not too far behind WM 9 and WM 11 IMO.

All in all, the best part of the mode is playing the older Wrestlemania matches. Steamboat, Warrior, Slaughter....it's just cool. You get FOUR DIFFERENT Macho Man attires. Can't ask for more than that from a nostalgia standpoint.

I haven't bought one of these games since it was still called Smackdown vs Raw. Are there some sites out there that are better than others when it comes to CAWs, move creation, and that sort of thing?

CAW.ws is still around. The only downside to this year is BrienJ has said he won't be doing a texture editor for this game which will definitely affect the quality of certain CAWs being made.

Cool. . .found them after looking around yesterday but, not surprisingly, they don't have a whole lot yet.

Do you have to add people to your PlayStation friends or XBox friends (I'm on PS3) to be able to download stuff

My Sister bought me WWE '13 last year, surprised to get that game and like it as I haven't liked a Smackdown game in years. I'd like to play this game at some point mainly for 30 Years of WrestleMania. What are the best versions of those matches? Nice seeing the game getting good word of mouth.

I played the game for the first time last night and just on the default settings I had a pretty good 20 minute match with Rollins/Reigns VS Punk/Bryan. As per usual with these games, the movesets need to be adjusted. The A.I. seems to be a step up from last years game.

I wound up buying it last night and had a lot of fun. I mainly did the Wrestlemania mode, but had a blast with the Macho vs Steamboat match. I love the abilities they have for this game as it allowed me to kick out of a post-Bombs Away pinfall, groggy kicked Macho, and then rolled him up for a leverage pinfall to complete all objectives.

I also don't think the graphics are really all that bad. If anything, my biggest complaint is the loading times because EVERYTHING has to load, but I don't have it installed yet.

My Sister bought me WWE '13 last year, surprised to get that game and like it as I haven't liked a Smackdown game in years. I'd like to play this game at some point mainly for 30 Years of WrestleMania. What are the best versions of those matches? Nice seeing the game getting good word of mouth.

Well, that's subjective obviously, but I thought they did the best job on Hogan/Warrior, Savage/Flair, Rock/Austin (17,19), Taker/HBK, and Taker/HHH. They really seemed to take their time with those cutscenes and objectives. They're almost spot on.

Some of the matches they just tell you to win by pinfall or submission and don't actually have the winning scenario as it happened in real life. A good example would be the Jericho/HBK match, where instead of a reversal into a pin, you just have to beat Jericho in any way possible. But with Savage/Steamboat and Savage/Flair, for example, they have you recreate the actual roll up pinfall.

If you care about that sorta thing, not counting the recycled Attitude Era matches from last year, the worst matches were Hogan/Slaughter and HBK/Diesel. They didn't even try with the objectives, attires, cutscenes or video packages.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned tweaking move sets. Can you actually go in and make those changes or do you have to burn a CAW spot?Can I create an accurate 90's AJPW crew to come drop guys on their head?

I'm not sure, but you do have 100 CAW slots to use, so you can go nuts with roster building.

Man...I would sooooo love to recreate 90s era AJPW, or even early NOAH. The only sucky thing is that there isn't a round robin mode, which was my favorite part about VPW 2. With all of the fatigue and weight detection and everything else, you could have a lot of fun with an AJPW roster.

Is the UNIVERSE mode better than last years, as in when I began playing UNIVERSE mode last year I would see sneak attacks, wrestlers having cutsecenes etc.But then after the first month or so(it happened fast) I never saw another cut scene, sneak attack, or anything like that EVER again. Is that the same with this year's version?!Preish in advance folks!!

Someone mentioned tweaking move sets. Can you actually go in and make those changes or do you have to burn a CAW spot?Can I create an accurate 90's AJPW crew to come drop guys on their head?

You've been able to tweak movesets for years.

@Gonzo, no you don't have to add them as friends.  You can just go in Community Creations and download whoever you wish.  For certain creators you should be able to search for them.

@damnnearfonzie, the rivalries part of UNIVERSE mode takes care of that.  Can have it go from 4, 8 or 12 weeks and there's plenty of cutscenes in that feud.

And I very much agree that Diesel/Taker and Slaughter/Hogan was a pile of nothing.  They could have at least done Warrior/Savage instead for WM7 which was the far superior match from that.

One aspect that people are sleeping on is the ability to choose a default attire for CAWs.  I hated having to constantly manually change that everytime, this is much more convenient.

• Like 1