DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

KOC II is pretty hard to play nowadays. It's really, really mechanical. All Stars is a lot of fun but with slider tweaks to tone down the BS reversals, I'd say 2K14 is a better, more complete package. Still not a great game when you take into account how many years as they've been producing the same thing over and over and the resources they've had. Good, though.

KOC II is pretty hard to play nowadays. It's really, really mechanical. All Stars is a lot of fun but with slider tweaks to tone down the BS reversals, I'd say 2K14 is a better, more complete package. Still not a great game when you take into account how many years as they've been producing the same thing over and over and the resources they've had. Good, though.

KOC is mechanical yes but that game FEELS like wrestling man. I was playing that game last week and I don't think it will feel dated even after playing 2K14. But I just downloaded a 2013 G1 Climax roster pack from HBOSS.

The thing I can't stand about 2K14 is that this is probably the only "sports" game that doesn't have specific computer logic for each athlete. I mean it is 2013. Why do all CPU used wrestlers have the same agenda? That is unacceptable

KOC II is pretty hard to play nowadays. It's really, really mechanical. 

I don't find KOC II to be hard at all(Maybe the front suplex timing can be a bitch, but it's still pretty easy). While I don't find 2K14's controls to be hard, I do find them to be confusing, and don't find them to be user friendly.

Signature moves can fucking suck a dick. Why the fuck would you give the user such a small window to perform a wrestlers signature move?

And there are moves that are in Virtual Pro Wrestling ONE, that aren't in this game. That is unacceptable as well. I wonder if this series suffers from not having any supreme wrestling heads in the trenches because some things this game lacks is head scratching.

But I am creating a lot of moves if anyone is interested.

GT: DCAllAmerican

Wrestle Kingdom 1 and 2 on the PS2 are pretty easy to get into. I could never get into KoC, but I love Firepro. All Stars is basically the TNA Impact game with WWE guys and an NBA Jam mentality - they even kept in Hernandez's post-match posing - only now it's for everyone.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again... I'm hopeful that when 2K acquired the WWE license, they had a separate (non-Yukes) development team start building a game from scratch for the next gen systems to come out in Fall 2014 and basically just using the carryovers to put out an updated game for this year. I'm guessing 2K didn't go down this road but it'd be awesome and exciting if they did.

That game would suck balls. No one out there wants to spend the time learning to make a wrestling game because it's such a niche product and if the WWE logo isn't attached, then no one is going to give a shit. I'm not sure why people still don't understand that. There are plenty of people in the gaming biz that like wrestling, anyone who has an interest in making a wrestling game already works for Yukes. The best you could ever hope for is that some Japanese company makes a rad as fucking hell wrestling game, and then 2K says, "Hey, that looks cool, re-skin that shit."

While I'm not going to judge you guys that love the KoC, firepro was always my engine of choice

I can't see why anyone would go back to playing Fire Pro, after playing KOC II. Sure the running, and walking animations haven't aged well. But everything is (almost)perfect.

I love Fire Pro and KOC, but lets get back on topic fellas.

Whoever did the movesets for these wrestlers need to get shot! Why do so many people have the OMG Moment of the DDT on to the apron?

This game just moves TOO fast. It bothers me how quickly someone bounces up to the turnbuckle. Horribly animated

I never quite loved KOC II.  I actually like its PS1 forerunner, King's Soul, more.  It always felt stiff and robotic to me.  I love playing old school matches with a lot of submissions and mat wrestling (Inoki vs. Minoru Suzuki is a lot of fun), but, say, Takayama vs. Akiyama doesn't feel right to me.

Fire Pro hasn't aged well for me.  Love the engine and the depth, but FIre Pro Returns strikes me as sort of a lazy effort, personality logic aside.  I still enjoy creating edits with FPR, but playing & simming has lost some appeal.

Highest rated wrestlers in our rosters.

Andre: 88
Bret: 87
Retro HBK: 85
92 WWF Flair: 81
Retro Rock: 81
Rock: 80
2000s HBK: 80

Brock: 79
Cena: 79
Retro Taker: 78
Biker Taker: 78
Stone Cold: 77
Hogan: 75
Steamboard: 74
Undertaker: 74
Edge: 73
Retro Jericho: 71
Guerrero: 71
Brock: 70
Hollywood Hogan: 70
Mic Foley: 70

Much like our NBA 2K ratings, ratings are low compared to default ratings. Do not just look at overall. People have different skills. The more well-rounded wrestlers in WWF history are up near the top. Andre is so high because he is the immovable object and we practically maxed out (relatively speaking) his hit points. Will practically be impossible to score a win over him.
  • Like 1

Bret is probably the most well rounded wrestler in the history of the WWE. We tried to make that replicated in the game.

We boosted Andre's hit points to make it practically impossible to do anything against him. We moved his weight to Ultra Heavyweight and moved his hit points to an exclusive level. He is close to 200+ hit points overall.

Well remember, do not JUST look at the overall rating. HBK and Bret are more well rounded than most so that is why they are high.

Retro Taker took a hit because of his low ratings in Jumping, Agility, Submission (Badd Ass Version has high submission ratings), 

And I don't consider the ratings to be out of whack. I consider most of the wrestlers on the default rosters being overreated. So we are so used to seeing high overall values because that is what they ship to us, so we consider that normal.