Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2023 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD


Casey

Recommended Posts

PSVR2 isn't backwards compatible. That's nutty. 

There are so few killer apps for PSVR2, and locking people out of Astrobot: Rescue Mission is crazy. They should have at least ported it ahead. 

I don't see a compelling reason to get a VR headset. Unless Nintendo makes a Virtual Boy 2, in which case, take my fucking money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loop Hero was surprise-dropped on gamepass. Very happy, been wanting to try it but it looked weird so I didn't want to pay for it and then hate it. About four hours in, its both dumb and very addicting. Recommended if you have gamepass to give it a whirl.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I just noticed and grabbed it.  I dig the amount of stuff Gamepass stealth drops, although I hate when I notice stuff I want to play and see it's leaving before I could realistically finish it (like Octopath)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tchia is an interesting game. The developers wanted to do Breath of the Wild + Wind Waker with a lot of homages to their home culture of New Caledonia. As it turns out, the main story quest is short and mostly doesn't have you doing much of the game's mechanics compared to when you're out in the world (weirdly, a lot of the main story quest takes place doing boring combat inside facilities). 

It's worth playing if you have the level of PS+ that gives it away. The best open-world games have good traversal mechanics, and this game specifically allows you to catapult off of banana and coconut trees. It's a fun way to get around, at least when you're in an area where there are trees that give you the option. The music is also lovely and the islands are gorgeous. It's a slow starter and the main questline is mediocre, but if you like traveling around beautiful settings exploring and collecting for fifteen or twenty hours, you'll enjoy this well enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really wanna play RE4 Remake. I played RE4 on Gamecube and PlayStation 2 trillions of years ago.

Wish Capcom remake the following games... RE 0, 1, CV. 

Edited by Red King
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2023 at 4:36 PM, JLSigman said:

Square Enix stuff was on sale, and as a reward for finally getting my parents' taxes together I've bought myself Final Fantasy XIII for $7.99.

I've now gotten almost all of the games on PC, just need to decide if I want OG 8 or remastered 8.

I adore 8 more than a rational gamer should so I have both.  Each has their shortcomings, as you know, and the biggest one to OG 8 for me is (Steamside) the utter headache of controller support for that version.  If you're fine with Mouse & Keyboard I'd probably slightly favor that one because it's more authentic to the old experience (actually a port of the 2000 PC version from way back when and actually includes the Pocketstation side game as a novelty), but Remastered 8 doesn't challenge me to Hell In A Cell over wanting to play with a controller so these days I prefer it.

Both, fortunately, have the hi-speed option which is IMO mandatory quality of life improvement for playing Triple Triad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For reasons UNKNOWN considering my backlog I started playing Stardew Valley again, at least I am using a different map this time. I think this is my.... fifth? time playing the game. I started it at 6 PM last night, forgot about dinner and sleeping, finally stopped at 2 AM. I love that game.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

For reasons UNKNOWN considering my backlog I started playing Stardew Valley again, at least I am using a different map this time. I think this is my.... fifth? time playing the game. I started it at 6 PM last night, forgot about dinner and sleeping, finally stopped at 2 AM. I love that game.

I love it, too. Such a great game especially with a couple mods for faster movement, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Went ahead and bought Horizon Forbidden West while it was on sale. Maybe I can beat it before the DLC and/or Zelda come out. 

That one is still sitting in my backlog. Think I might try and get back into it on a long weekend. I'm only about 5 hours into it but at least have all the intro stuff out of the way. I just have so many games to catch up on but keep going back to Civ 6

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided to move on to God of War: Ragnarok after my Ghost of Tsushima run. It should be fully installed by the time I get home from work since I started downloading it just before I left.

I liked the previous God of War game so this one should be a good time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2023 at 5:17 PM, odessasteps said:

Went ahead and bought Horizon Forbidden West while it was on sale. Maybe I can beat it before the DLC and/or Zelda come out. 

There's a lot of boring side stuff that you can ignore and race through the game, I think.

Forbidden West was such a bummer. They took the first game, added a bunch of side stuff that wasn't particularly fun, and gave Aloy a BotW-style glider. The first game + Frozen Wilds is a classic, IMO, but Forbidden West was bloated mediocrity. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just about to get to the embassy stuff. I'm slow playing and doing all the side quest.  The one thing that's bugging me is some of the "?" don't seem to be where they are supposed to be.  And I found one green item that is apparently in the middle of the rocks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This year's MLB: The Show is finally available for Game Pass subscribers. I nearly wound up buying it for $70 because I didn't think it would be a free game on Game Pass. I'm glad I waited. It's great as usual, but I only messed around with Road to the Show.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't done anything besides RttS, but I plan on going into the Negro League stuff because I heard it's an amazing history lesson about the players.  Once I get all the timings down I'll mess with Franchise but I don't go near Diamond Dynasty.  

I really like how they streamlined all the My Player stuff and have all the loadout, equipment, and appearance stuff in the same place instead of having to bounce different menu's all together like last year.  RttS' opening is better as it's less of a reach to get drafted by your team if you want to play in your team's system, or can go for a random.  I'm glad i'm only a month in and won't be too mad about restarting because I forgot to grab the Opening Day and Full Minor's roster file, as the default rosters are... questionable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This year's MLB: The Show is finally available for Game Pass subscribers. I nearly wound up buying it for $70 because I didn't think it would be a free game on Game Pass. I'm glad I waited. It's great as usual, but I only messed around with Road to the Show.

looks at my post from two weeks ago in the Sports game thread 😥

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I really like how they streamlined all the My Player stuff and have all the loadout, equipment, and appearance stuff in the same place instead of having to bounce different menu's all together like last year.  RttS' opening is better as it's less of a reach to get drafted by your team if you want to play in your team's system, or can go for a random.  I'm glad i'm only a month in and won't be too mad about restarting because I forgot to grab the Opening Day and Full Minor's roster file, as the default rosters are... questionable.

I almost quit playing it on Day 1 as I played the first month of RttS and the game just decided to lose all my progress.

I wish the real Brian Cashman was as smart as AI Brian Cashman

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Haven't done anything besides RttS, but I plan on going into the Negro League stuff because I heard it's an amazing history lesson about the players.  Once I get all the timings down I'll mess with Franchise but I don't go near Diamond Dynasty.  

I did the Satchel Paige one. It was excellent. I'll probably play through more of them Thursday and Friday night. I'm out of town all weekend, and I'm making a quick out and back to Pensacola for a concert tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...