DVDVR Message Board

2022-23 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

RIPPA

Anthony Davis sat stone-faced on the bench last night when a LeBron broke the scoring record.  Lol, Dude was maybe the only person in the arena who didn’t jump to his feet.

On the one hand, I know nothing about how Davis feels about anything or what his relationship with LeBron is like, so I hate to jump to conclusions.  Maybe he’s just low-key or intense.  Lakers lost the game and trailed by double digits most of the night.

On the other hand, he knows cameras are on him and he probably knows that sitting there while everyone else is celebrating is going to be noticed and become a story, so it was probably a deliberate choice not to react.

if AD wasn’t on the trading block last night, he might be this morning.  I’ve watched enough Game of Thrones to know that, when the king says dance, everyone in the court dances whether the music is playing or not.

The other sort-of-remarkable thing about watching it last night is how he seemed just done after all the celebrations.  The moment took over and it really wiped him for the 4th quarter, which, frankly, is the first time I can recall him looking *old* on the basketball court.  Father Time remains undefeated.

After the game he told Shaq on TNT that his body had "definitely a couple more seasons left in him", if his mind was willing.  

And the interesting part, he said he could help "any" group of guys or franchise. I'm not saying he wants out of the mess he made in LA, but just from that statement, you can tell he's glanced at the door. 

Notably, he's said he wants to play his final season with his son, who should be draft eligible after next season.  Also, he's 202 games away from passing Parrish for most games played.  So, when the ghost of David Stern picks the draft balls next year, just prep for this:

Spoiler

LeBron2_original.jpg?1273876451

I'm beginning to think Minnesota should change its mascot to the Dickstabbers.  Give up the farm for Gobert...that fails badly, you start to dig out and play well - annnnnnnnd trade your biggest star's best friend just when he was turning a corner and the team was playing better.  Better frickin' hope Conley can pull some massive Yoda vibes out of his ass.

Granted, Towns isn't a good # 1 option (Edwards could be), so it's not like they've really ever had the parts to begin with, and they made all these moves because they had 1 good year where they pushed...the Memphis Grizzlies to a hard 6 games...in the first round.  Yeeeesh.

Edited by Contentious C

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Durant to Phoenix for all their picks, Crowder, Bridges, and Cam Johnson.

TJ Warren also goes to the suns

All 4 1st round picks the Nets are getting are unprotected

That might be a good trade for the Suns this year.  Hell maybe even next year but probably depends more on Chris Paul.   But man in 3 years that trade is going to really hurt them unless they are just going to go the Lebron route and buy a  team.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Durant to Phoenix for all their picks, Crowder, Bridges, and Cam Johnson.

TJ Warren also goes to the suns

I guess you might as well rename the Barclays Center 'hood to "Draft Prospects Heights."

All that talk about Harden, Irving and Durant bringing the title to Brooklyn and they played a grand total of 16 games together. Yeesh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

That might be a good trade for the Suns this year.  Hell maybe even next year but probably depends more on Chris Paul.   But man in 3 years that trade is going to really hurt them unless they are just going to go the Lebron route and buy a  team.

The way this is a 'good trade' for Phoenix is if they're lifting a banner in October. 

This trade is the definition of All In and/or Fuck Them Picks.  If they go out in the second round --- oh boy will this be a cataclysmic disaster.  But if they win it all, well, they're still a lottery team in 2025-26, but they will have something no one can ever take from them.  

• Like 1