DVDVR Message Board

2022-23 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

RIPPA

Sounds like he was trying to get an extension from the Nets and they weren't willing to come close to his terms.

I feel bad for KD but he's also the one who decided to tie his career to Kyrie's.

27 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Sounds like he was trying to get an extension from the Nets and they weren't willing to come close to his terms.

I feel bad for KD but he's also the one who decided to tie his career to Kyrie's.

That's okay, maybe he'll get his old friend Russ back...

• Haha 4

At this point, I feel like the Nets best play is selling the team to Warner Bros. Discovery, who will promptly fold the team for the tax write-off.

I feel for Durant, but he tried to abandon this shitshow in the offseason, so he can’t complain too much when others decide to do the same.

I dunno If the economics of the trade make sense or if they could do-exist and win games, but Kyrie reuniting with Lebron would be greatly entertaining and draw eyeballs at least.  At this point, it seems unlikely that the Lebron-Russ-AD triumvirate is going to produce titles.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

At this point, I feel like the Nets best play is selling the team to Warner Bros. Discovery, who will promptly fold the team for the tax write-off.

I feel for Durant, but he tried to abandon this shitshow in the offseason, so he can’t complain too much when others decide to do the same.

I dunno If the economics of the trade make sense or if they could do-exist and win games, but Kyrie reuniting with Lebron would be greatly entertaining and draw eyeballs at least.  At this point, it seems unlikely that the Lebron-Russ-AD triumvirate is going to produce titles.

Maybe the Cavaliers can trade Kevin Love to the Lakers and see if they can win another ring together.

59 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

The funniest of all possibilities so that's what I'm rooting for.

I thought about it more and I was wrong: Boston and Philly would both be way funnier destinations for Kyrie.  Lakers are a strong third, though.

22 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

Dallas is going to do some dumb shit like trading both DFS and Josh Green for a bozo who probably won't be with the team next year, and I'm probably going to track Cuban down.

I mean, the Lakers seem like the most likely Kyrie destination, but Dallas might be second place.

41 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I mean, the Lakers seem like the most likely Kyrie destination, but Dallas might be second place.

I always assume that any buddy of Lebron will be a Laker eventually. I just don't see Kyrie as a player you mortgage your future on.

5 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I always assume that any buddy of Lebron will be a Laker eventually. I just don't see Kyrie as a player you mortgage your future on.

I don't think it's a good idea... But Dallas has to be at least somewhat aware of the potential ticking clock before Luka gets near the end of his contract.

Honestly I don’t want him in LA (unless it’s on the Clippers). I think he’s become even more of a headcase since leaving Lebron, and putting them back together won’t fix things. Especially if AD gets hurt before the playoffs. 

I’d rather see LA trade for either Fred VanVleet or Gary Trent Jr, but I get neither of those is a sexy pickup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Too bad they couldn't just pay Brunson, get better, and avoid this bullshit.  Stupid.

To be fair to Dallas, by all reports Brunson never gave the Mavs a chance to counter offer the Knicks last summer.

(Granted, in retrospect they should've offered an overpay on an extension the year before, but it's not like people expected his big breakout.)

54 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

To be fair to Dallas, by all reports Brunson never gave the Mavs a chance to counter offer the Knicks last summer.

(Granted, in retrospect they should've offered an overpay on an extension the year before, but it's not like people expected his big breakout.)

Brunson was never going to stay once the Knicks hired his dad. I wish people would accept that.

I don't love this trade, but y'all already know that. Gutted that we gave up DFS for what will probably be a low yield rental. Actually I kinda hate it.

47 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

Brunson was never going to stay once the Knicks hired his dad. I wish people would accept that.

Personally, I find it a bit unbelievable at times that people make life decisions based on having *healthy* relationships with their parents.  *shrug*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2