DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Billy Gunn had two great themes. That is two more than Dolph.

Plus the DX and NAO themes. 4.

Billy Gunn was great. I GOT IT ALLLLLL

I'm sorry, but starting a song "I AM PERFECTION!" automatically beats starting one "I'M AN ASS MAN!"

This statement is not even remotely close to being true.

• Like 1

I'm learning all kinds of shit. This is the best omnibus thread ever.

Which of course means it's almost over. 

I want to know more about the fact there's a wrestling union in Mexico apparently. I'm going to bug Mark to ask Dr. Lucha about it.

Does anyone know if Brock's Shooting Star Press was supposed to be the finish in the Lesnar-Angle match at WM 19?  I can't believe Vince or any of the agents okayed that spot but I know they wouldn't have Angle kick out if they did approve it.

IIRC yes, it was.  The F5 was improvised.

Also, according to Bob Holly, Stamboli is one of the main reasons for the dress code. He wore a t-shirt that said "Suck my dick" or something like that on a plane and reportedly Vince flipped out when he heard that and implemented the dress code.

• Like 1

... I'd hit that.

She'll "booty clap on yo' mouth." Her shoot was actually really funny. Check it out if you haven't yet.

For some reason I thought Sanders had a horrible, career-ending injury. It was one of the NBT. Was it Alan Funk? Doesn't look like him either. Who the hell am I thinking about?

Yeah, he got cut REAL bad. Poor guy. They managed to get it on camera too. In this video at the 4:57 mark. Poor lil' feller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5czUMb8HlE

I thought I read Meltzer saying that Ryback is convinced he's going to fight Goldberg at Mania 30 and they're just doing the negotiations.

That match would be so awful.

Honestly, if it were presented as a spur-of-the-moment thing, where Ryback calls him out at Wrestlemania & the match is just Spear --> Jackhammer, thanks for coming. I imagine it would get a big-ass pop. I'd mark, I won't front.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Brock's Shooting Star Press was supposed to be the finish in the Lesnar-Angle match at WM 19?  I can't believe Vince or any of the agents okayed that spot but I know they wouldn't have Angle kick out if they did approve it.

For Brock to finish that match after spiking himself like he did was unreal.  When Skynet builds the Terminators, he's their prototype.

For Brock to finish that match after spiking himself like he did was unreal.  When Skynet builds the Terminators, he's their prototype.

You can hear the referee screaming very loudly at Brock to kick out when Angle covered him after the missed SSP.

Jay in the WWE would have been pure magic.

That jacket's zipper is ruined ...

... wait, I can do that better ...

"THAT GOTTDAMM ZIPPER ONNAT JACKET ... DAT ZIPPER, MAN ... IS FUCKIN RUINT AND SHEEIT!!"  *guitar riff*

• Like 1

Apparently Forbes thinks the next WWE TV deal could be bigger than NASCAR's 4.5 billion 10 year deal.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

No. Not really. Not on that scale. But they will do better methinks.

I did a piece about Rolling 12 Month Metrics for WWE 2007-2013 on my blog: http://indeedwrestling.blogspot.com/2013/10/wwe-q3-2013-perspective.html

Posted Image

They're up $30M already this year for TV Rights (annual increases, int'l expansions, Total Divas & Main Event money). I've turned the corner and agree that they're going to come out of this next round of negotiations with a fat bump (which is good because metrics like Consumer Products and PPV have been slip sliding away for years!).

They're targeting NASCAR because they got a buttload of money and WWE wants that sort of deal for themselves (without having to compare themselves to something like UFC which is killing them in the PPV business).

I'm still trying to figure out how NBCU wants to deal with them - Steve Burke has been shaking things up a lot lately but I cannot help but feel that somewhere in the back of their mind USA remembers that when they lost WWE the last time they were left playing replays of Magic's Greatest Secret's Revealed while Lifetime took over the spot for #1 Cable channel.

• Like 1