DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 9-23-13

MGFanJay

For what it's worth, I think RVD has looked a lot better in WWE than in TNA.  And it's not that he missed the rolling thunder of the back flip, it's the idiocy of him even attempting the move.

In kayfabe terms, I don't mind it. You have to stick what got you to the dance. Wrestlers apparently only know a certain amount of specialty moves.RVD hasn't been too bad. I liked his match against Jericho on Raw and the one against Randy on Smackdown quite a bit. He's also pretty good as one of the veteran presences standing up against HHH.

For what it's worth, I think RVD has looked a lot better in WWE than in TNA. And it's not that he missed the rolling thunder of the back flip, it's the idiocy of him even attempting the move.

Isn't RVD supposed to be a stoned idiot, though? And yeah, as Gregg mentioned, he added some needed overness to that group of faces standing up to the Facgime.

I think we are all over thinking the Shield/HHH stuff. If you go back and look at the segment, it was clear Ambrose and Rollins at least were surprised by the match. I think this is more about planting the first seeds for the Batista turn for the Shield. The pop that happens when the Shield comes out, looks at one another and ignores a screaming HHH allowing Bryan to get his hands on Hunter will be epic. I think step two will be in this process will be HHH feeding the shield to the Rhodes clan, and then berating them when they lose.Also, not to pile on RVD or anything, but that match with Orton made me think back to that stretcher match they had. I remember thinking RVD was the drizzling shits then, but he looked like Jushin Liger in that match compared to this last run. Just abysmal. The only reason I kept watching the match from last night was because I wanted Orton to hit him with an RKO from the corner tower of london style and just spike the shit out of him.

Why should HHH tell them ahead of time? The best way to get his plan to work would be for the Shield to not know as he's announcing it(thus making their reactions genuine) and then he can manipulate them into going through it later on without the cameras on them.

Hockey is the worst.

And I thought I liked you...

Man, I threw every montage I had at those idiots last year.  I can't go back.  Plus I can't afford Center Ice during anything other than a lockout year.

I ventured into the Hockey thread for just one second and saw this:

HOLY SHIT THEY'RE GONNA WIN ANOTHER STANLEY CUP!

Followed by peals of laughter like at the end of "Master of Puppets."

I can't go there back, man. 

The Blackhawks rule (as does hockey). CM Punk rules. Chicago rules. That is all.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT?

WHEEEEEEERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUUUUU WERE SHIIIIIIT?

(Not at the arena, obviously)

Spending money in Chicago and making sure it didn't go bankrupt.

The Blackhawks rule (as does hockey). CM Punk rules. Chicago rules. That is all.

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN

WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT?

WHEEEEEEERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUUUUU WERE SHIIIIIIT?

(Not at the arena, obviously)

Be careful.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10320186/Chicago-the-murder-capital-of-America.html

Okay, what was up with Daniel Bryan's Mark Sanchez rubber band hair during the usual "Forget my lines, poll the crowd, and then chant YES" promo?

I couldn't stop staring at the rubber band in his hair when I first noticed it.

WHERE WERE YOU WHENWHERE WERE YOU WHENWHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT? WHEEEEEEERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUUUUU WERE SHIIIIIIT? (Not at the arena, obviously)
Be careful. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10320186/Chicago-the-murder-capital-of-America.html
That's only cuz there's no one actually left in Detroit for them to have kept that title.
  • Like 1

Hockey is the worst.

And I thought I liked you...
Man, I threw every montage I had at those idiots last year. I can't go back. Plus I can't afford Center Ice during anything other than a lockout year.I ventured into the Hockey thread for just one second and saw this:

HOLY SHIT THEY'RE GONNA WIN ANOTHER STANLEY CUP!

Followed by peals of laughter like at the end of "Master of Puppets."I can't go there back, man.
It wouldn't be worth it if it were easy!! Brett Hull's back to turn it all around!!

WHERE WERE YOU WHENWHERE WERE YOU WHENWHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT?WHEEEEEEERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUUUUU WERE SHIIIIIIT?(Not at the arena, obviously)
How dare you dismiss the Zhamnov/Daze teams!
  • Like 1

I thought this week's Raw was a lot better than last week's. The main event was really good, even though it did bug me that everyone just stayed outside the ring watching their partners getting pinned. Reigns looked awesome spearing the shit out of people, and then needed 4 guys to put him down.

The Rhodes boys!

Show knocking out Miz without a second thought or quiver in his lip was quality, and way better than the long Miz beatdown from last week.

The Punk segment was the highlight of the night for me. I thought Punk cut a really good, passionate, sincere promo, and then looked great holding his own against two guys before getting overpowered. Really good stuff.

I thought this week's Raw was a lot better than last week's. The main event was really good, even though it did bug me that everyone just stayed outside the ring watching their partners getting pinned.

I believe that they were not going to tolerate saves with that many guys in the match. Like with the old Survivor Series matches. If saves were tolerated, the match would still be going. 

WHERE WERE YOU WHENWHERE WERE YOU WHENWHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT?WHEEEEEEERE WERE YOU WHEN YOUUUUU WERE SHIIIIIIT?(Not at the arena, obviously)
How dare you dismiss the Zhamnov/Daze teams!
Ed Belfour and Jeremy Roenick say you're all a bunch of bandwagoners.
  • Like 1