DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

He's making millions of dollars. I'm pretty sure he could pay the fine.

I can't be the only person who now wants to see Titus do the "Hundred Thousands of Dollars" dance.

Granted, that doesn't sound quite as catchy.

I don't think we have the full story.  I bet it comes out that Vince called him a washrag.

Per WON

Titus O'Neil was immediately sent home upon arriving to last night's Smackdown tapings in Portland, Oregon.  PWInsider.com is reporting that he has been suspended for "unprofessional conduct".  WWE has confirmed that the suspension is 90 days.

The incident occured at the end of Monday night's RAW.  O'Niell grabbed Vince McMahon as he was heading backstage following the Daniel Bryan retirement segment.  O'Niel's grabbing of McMahon is not being reported as maliscious but rather "playful",  nonetheless Vince didn't like it!  Over the years we have learned what that means.

The incident did make it onto the final seconds of the broadcast but has been edited from the video WWE posted to YouTube.  As soon as we can find a version that has not been pulled from YouTube it will be posted here.

I bolded the 90 day part

One thing I also noticed during Raw - Titus was noticeably throwing out boo boo faces during his loss to Adam Rose.  The best example was during the final pinfall - he has a total look of "I'm laying down because I'm being told to." 

I'm wondering if that compounded things at all and had to do with the length of the suspension and piling onto what they considered "unprofessional conduct".  Personally, I'm far more offended by him apparently being a bitch about jobbing than him fucking around with Vince.

90 days seems unreasonable but I echo the sentiment about possible not knowing the whole story.

But imagine if you worked for a 800 million dollar company and you unexpectedly and roughly grabbed the freaking owner.

But also imagine if said owner spends his time micromanaging low level employees and is still insanely involved in every portion of the company (announcers headsets come to mind).

Yup, another pro wrestling story.

Grabbing Vince by the arm = About the same length of time that Adrian Peterson was suspended for beating a child with a telephone pole.

And just a little longer than Greg Hardy for trying t strangle a woman to death.

Vince is nearly a 100.

Vic, No.

Titus being suspended for 90 days is ridiculous, and I don't even enjoy the dude's ring work. When you can get a DUI and get a smaller suspension, something is wrong here. Fuck, even your first Wellness violation is, what, 30 days? Something like that? There HAS to be more to the story, otherwise this seems really odd. I get and agree that it was unprofessional, but three months? Good god.

• Like 2

Well, '97 Vince would have let HBK give him a reach-around right in the middle of the ring on live television - in fact, that might have actually happened - so it's clear that Vince doesn't really like Titus by comparison. 

• Like 2