DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wacky Kane 9-28-15

MGFanJay

Credit to Roman and Bray.  They did their best to drag the show into something resembling a decent TV program. That spear into the announcer's table was really good.

Outside of that, New Day, Becky Lynch launching that mic like a cold fish, and Kane going John Doe in Seven on Rollins--it was a strange show.

New Day was awesome but this was a tough show to get through.  Demon Kane was somewhat entertaining but it took a LONG time to get there.  That whole segment was way too long. The divas segment on Miz TV was every bit as awful as the last one.  Charlotte needs a lot of work on the mic. 

Where the fuck is Team Bad?  It's fucking ridiculous they are not on these shows.

That's Demonkane! I wish he would win the title. Love Charlotte and especially Becky.. enjoyed their match. Fun opening with Cena and the New Day. Weird last two matches with a double DQ then a double countout, strange closing to the show. Fun brawl though with the great table spear.

I completely enjoyed the transformation into Demon Kane.  Reminded me of The Incredible Hulk.  After his feud with Rollins is finished, they could have Corporate Kane turn into Demon Kane each week, wreaking havoc backstage.  Have him spill his coffee, get locked in the bathroom, not have correct change for the vending machine, etc.  He transforms, tosses The Miz through a wall, then runs out the back of the arena. About 45 minutes later, a shirtless and disheveled Corporate Kane is found in the nearby woods with a deer and several squirrels looking on in wonder.

• Like 2

Seriously, there were people who didn't like the Kane HR segment? I'm baffled. That was the best Kane angle ever. It was probably my favorite non-match RAW segment all year.

Rollins was acting wacky throughout the whole thing--not like a scared because DEMON KANE wacky, but almost like a 'high on some banned gas station energy pills' wacky.  His line about the Pope was weird. Rollins seemed to be going 100 MPH to nowhere tonight--he felt like a human high bouncing ball.

The Kane stuff was fine on its own, but who is clamoring for this to be the big main event angle?

Demon Kane got fat, and playing the Demon Kane thing for laughs almost feels like someone is preemptively taking the wind out of Balor's sails. #blamekevindunn #notreallysureifimjokingornot

Seriously, there were people who didn't like the Kane HR segment? I'm baffled. That was the best Kane angle ever. It was probably my favorite non-match RAW segment all year.

Rollins was acting wacky throughout the whole thing--not like a scared because DEMON KANE wacky, but almost like a 'high on some banned gas station energy pills' wacky. His line about the Pope was weird. Rollins seemed to be going 100 MPH to nowhere tonight--he felt like a human high bouncing ball.

Rollins is the worst promo in the company, but it didn't matter, because Kane kept making it work with reactions and whispers to Ashley.

Cena being all "get off my lawn" to New Day greatly amused me. New Day is so fresh and entertaining, and Cena is Cena. Also that match with Woods may have been his most spotty yet. He doesn't even pretend to do anything besides run from big move to big move now. 

This opening segment is just about perfect:

1) Babyface promo leads to

2) Entertaining as fuck heel stable promo into

3) really nice singles match in which heels get kicked out to huge pop and then

4) just when the babyface is about to go over the "entertaining heels" show their viscious nature and attack him leading to

5) rescue by two big dumb goofy babyfaces who are massively over leading to

6) a six-man tag where the heels mug like crazy but

7) the babyfaces hit all their cheesy pop-spots only to have

8) the heels steal the win

Their is very little structurally different between that and a Smoky Mountain show in 1992...maybe the the heels not using their trombone to brain someone.

• Like 4