DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-24-15 - Post-Summerslam Show

MGFanJay

The Heyman-Brock opening was among the best in years. Heyman cut yet another career-best promo that made the finish out to be excellent, and Brock was put over huge as the face here. Loved Brock killing Bo. Poor Bo - but this was the peak of his career. Then we got the funniest New Day stuff ever with singing and a trombone before THE DUDLEYS CAME BACK! Such a fun hour - and it got even better with the debut of the new giant Wyatt Family guy just KILLING THE SHIELD GUYS. Crazy - but hey, at least they started him off strong. 

Everything involving the "Divas Revolution" sucked. Miz TV and the match were just awful. Rest of the show wasn't all that special. All of the statue stuff was hurt by them paying it off a bit backstage and then doing all the hype AFTER THAT. Then they had the Cena-Stewart stuff, which was good, followed by the awful Steph-Cena stuff and Steph just taking the show over to give Vince more credit on-air. Sting's return ruled, as he was in great shape, moved around quickly and got to hold the WWE Title high - easily the peak of his WWE run so far.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/wwe-raw-8-24-15.html

Screens - 

Brock's face is all sorts of fucked up. I like it!
1f358e431334182.jpg 

802b58431337641.jpg 

b5ec10431337666.jpg 

3824f7431340386.jpg 

245b97431340443.jpg 

ce9a87431345797.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/u8xmh72avgisskgr83pnveepqjj1iwqc

I figured that final segment was going to see the return of Jericho, so I was pretty happy when it was Sting.

So, who's the new Wyatt? Someone must know on here.

I couldn't be less excited for the return of the Dudleyz.  I'd be much happier with  Luchas/New Day/PTP/Enzo/Cass than the Dudleyz being involved. ZZZzzzzz

So did the Authority have a statue made or not? If they did, what happened to it?

R-Truth stole the statue and is having melted down to make a whole bunch of jewelry. I would have went with Ambrose, had he not been choked out by the War Machine Wyatt. 

Two days after the best women's match in the company's history blows the roof off the same venue, Mike the Miz gets a babyface pop for loudly shouting at all of the women in the ring to shut up, because the segment is so terrible

who wriiiiites thiiiiiiis shiiiiiiiit

First hour had some of the greatest comedy heel stooging I've ever seen, I cannot believe they had the only payoff to the Summerslam main event be Brock Lesnar being cheerfully instructed to Bolieve

+ Xavier Woods on a trombone mournfully serenading Kalisto getting pinned

• Like 1

Dudleys vs. New Day and Sting vs. Rollins are on complete opposite ends of the "Matches I am interested in" spectrum. Sting getting a vanity reign for a month would be cool though.

I think Will from PWO is right; they have to get Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha away from the Bellas and the other non-NXT ladies. The same crowd into Bayley/Sasha shitting on the women here show a massive disconnect.

Dudleys vs. New Day and Sting vs. Rollins are on complete opposite ends of the "Matches I am interested in" spectrum. Sting getting a vanity reign for a month would be cool though.

If the Duddley's are going to do every one of those stupid catch phrase moves every match, they can fuck right off back to wherever Donald Rumsfled, Lizzie McGwire, and every other stupid thing from 2002 are locked up.

• Like 5

Braun Stroman is his ring name.  Did strongman contests for several years, apparently.

The black sheep mask is scary as fuck.

He looks a lot like Hanson from War Machine. It sounded like there was a War Machine chant coming from some of the crowd. 

Braun Stroman is his ring name.  Did strongman contests for several years, apparently.

The black sheep mask is scary as fuck.

Huh, I really thought it was an indie guy WWE hired but apparently they've had him under contract since May 2013, only had him in dark matches.  So is this somebody they've been saving for the right slot, or the only guy they had under contract who looked like a Wyatt?