DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank VI

Dolfan in NYC

Cena-Owens II was amazing, again.   (I'm guessing Cena-Owens III at Battleground for both titles).

Ambrose-Rollins was 30+ minutes of them murdering each other. And Ambrose continuing to rise up like Jason Voorhees was incredible. So, yay.

I went from saying Thank you Bray to Fuck you Bray in 30 seconds flat.  Ugh, at least Sheamus-Brock may be fun in the fall.

And I don't know why the room got so damned dusty (ARGH... the puns) during the tribute.  

Oh, and Nikki-Paige had a mind-numbingly idiotic finish. 

• Like 1

Truth-Barrett was a waste of time. Loved the Dusty tribute - WWE absolutely shouldn't have had Renee even trying to do work when she was in tears. That was tough. Loved them having a Dusty tribute to start the show, although cutting off his theme for the MITB video sucked. Divas title match was a blend of good in-ring with bad booking and fine fanservice. Finish was unbelievably stupid though. Should've been a DQ after the clear interference, but whatever. LOLed @ Ryback's armbar, and the finish as it sets up Miz as being the one guy in WWE with a brain.

Cena vs. Owens was batshit crazy on several levels and a ton of fun. Title match was structurally fine, but I'd have kept the belts on New Day. At least Titus is really good as the hot tag guy - he is a highlight of their matches in the ring. WWE Title match was a crazy collection of spots with a new finish - not exactly a good finish, but one that protected Dean to some degree. Time for Dean to go on a lunatic binge.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/06/wwe-money-in-bank-2015.html

Screens -

LOL @ THE CENA THE
25b96d415636922.jpg

fb85f1415632273.jpg

4572b5415632344.jpg

0fc15c415632345.jpg

19c22d415634042.jpg

421f83415634047.jpg

5ed9c5415636226.jpg

Go Nikki Go!

be963c415634496.jpg

361507415634442.jpg

Paige has more junk in the trunk - I approve

bb9be2415634427.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/5f1dw22gpe5bse9vmit8m91tfpdz57ya

They gave the briefcase to the one guy who, while doing well with his heel turn, won't do anything interesting with MITB.  What a drag. Reigns' winning gave them the most options for selling some great angles.  So what if it was obvious.  It was also the smart choice.  If they wouldn't go that route, for the love of Heaven--give it to someone other than Sheamus.  They could have had El Torito run off with the briefcase, and it would have been a smarter way to go.

The women's match was solid until that stupid finish. If that's what they think of the Divas Division, just disband it already.  Everyone has moved over to watch the women of NXT, anyway.

Kevin Owens has a laugh similar to Pee Wee Herman.  Coming from a guy of his size, that's creepy as fuck.

I was expecting more from Ambrose-Rollins, though I'm not sure why.  Brutal match.  But it felt lacking in some way.  It just didn't hit the right notes.

• Like 3

So... Ryback vs Miz vs Big Show, huh? What circle of Hell is that one on?

And we should start a betting pool in whose finisher Owens is going to kill in the next match. He hit a Code Breaker, a Swanton, an AA, and Sweet Chin Music, and still lost. Personally, I wanna see him do the 619.

I gave up after the MITB match because I realized they're going for Reigns/Lesnar 2 at Mania. The company is just on a holding pattern till Brock can win the title back and they can have Reigns beat him.

Sheamus as MITB holder was the second worst option in the match and they went with it anyway.

Christ that main event was too long, to dangerous for not being very good, and exposed just how much really fucking stupid shit Ambrose has in his moveset. And a fuck finish. That was not good. If I can steal from Matt, that was the epitome of working hard but not working smart.

Divas were good until it wasn't a DQ off the Dusty Finish.

Owens Cena II felt slightly better than the first to be on initial watch.

PTP and the New Day were given a death slot and no time. Because the main needed 35 minutes in order to go ten too long, I guess?

I like Sheamus, but giving the briefcase to someone that's been around this long and who the audience clearly does not give a shit about is odd. Reigns was really obvious, I know. He was also clearly the right choice.

• Like 1

So... Ryback vs Miz vs Big Show, huh? What circle of Hell is that one on?

And we should start a betting pool in whose finisher Owens is going to kill in the next match. He hit a Code Breaker, a Swanton, an AA, and Sweet Chin Music, and still lost. Personally, I wanna see him do the 619.

I had it in my head he was using all of Cena's old opponents finishers.

• Like 1

I do not enjoy Sheamus at all. I wish he'd go away forever. They should have given the case to Kofi, TBH. 

One match show. Best possible Davey Richards match right there, IMO. I don't especially like that type of match, but these Cena/Owens matches are the platonic good of those type of matches. Hope Owens wins the rubber match.

Also, I like Titus O'Neil, wrecking ball, but New Day was actually really over as a heel act. 

So I guess we aren't going to wait for Phil to unlock this thread.   Some thoughts:

1.  Barrett is finished in this company.   Bad enough he is a mid card jobber but now he looks stupid doing it.   Losing to the 2015 version of Santino is just the lowest

2.  For now on the refs should determine the correct Bella by having them show off their tramp stamp.  I mean Brie showing her vagina tat to prove identity is amazing

3.  JOHN CENA FOR PWG BOLA 2015   :D  :D .  Anybody that talks about Cena's moves of doom doesn't know shit about this business because while quite sloppy at times he pulled them all out

4.  Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt was something two years ago we were dying to see.  Now it is a complete time waste of a feud for reigns.  Tells you how far Bray has slipped

Whoever won MITB is Bork's sacrificial lamb. So that eliminates Reigns and Orton as it would be very stupid for Lesnar to annihilate either of them. Kofi and Neville wouldn't be credible, and I don't think Ziggler would be either but who knows? At that point it's Kane or Sheamus. I think we dodged a bullet.

That said, I think grooming a sacrificial lamb when you could be doing a triangle between the Shield seems kinda dumb, but I'm not a Booking Genius~! so what do I know?

Once again Cena/Owens blows away the field. Awesome match and terrific booking to continue the rivalry. I loved Ambrose/Rollins until they went in the crowd. The match went too long, and the finish was shit. Rollins is a flop as champ. Boo to New Day losing I guess they got so over they started to threaten the Authority(much like the Wyatts last year). Rest of the show blew chunks from what I saw.

So I guess we aren't going to wait for Phil to unlock this thread.   Some thoughts:

1.  Barrett is finished in this company.   Bad enough he is a mid card jobber but now he looks stupid doing it.   Losing to the 2015 version of Santino is just the lowest

Nonsense. WWE had us all clamoring and hoping for a Kofi fucking Kingston MITB win tonight. They can rebuild anyone on Earth into a credible threat for the title. Even Ryder if they wanted to.

I tuned in about an hour in. It's the first WWE I've watched since Mania, which should tell you much I hated that finish. Cena/Owens was pretty much the best possible PWG match, and the tag match was fun. I had low expectations for the main event since I hate basically every single ladder match in history with the possible exception of the first HBK/Razor match. But I thought it was a pleasant surprise. I really dug how the emphasis was on Ambrose's injured leg rather than guys falling from great heights. Also, you can say that Ambrose's selling of the leg was kind of spotty, but at least he didn't completely blow it off like Shawn in the SS95 match. And I was going to give them credit for giving the world champion a decisive clean win to establish that he isn't always a chickenshit pussy who needs Kane/J&J interference to retain. Then came that finish, which single-handedly took the show from thumbs up to thumbs in the middle.

• Like 1

The MITB match wasn't bad, but that Bray fuck finish was stupid and is setting up yet another feud Bray will lose and Reigns won't come out looking any better in the end.  At least going with Reigns winning it helps set up the Shield 3 way that needs to happen as all men involved are getting to the peak of how hot they are.

I think showing people a feud featuring Ryback, Show, and Miz violates something in the Geneva Convention.

Cena/Owens was another solid match but this was on ROH levels of finisher killing.  I get Cena is trying to show he can do more than 5 weak looking moves, but that Code Red was absurdly sloppy and the Lethal injection never looks good.  Owen's maniacal laughing after the post-match beatdown was fantastic.  I'd be looking forward to the rubber match if I had any faith at all it would be booked competently.

Tag titles match was solid and I've always liked the PTPs so it's good to see them win.

Main event was fun but way too long.  I wouldn't have minded the ending if they didn't immediately award the match to Rollins.  Them both grabbing the belt and falling with it and having no controversy about the end whatsoever made it seem pointless.

They should have just put the belt on Ambrose for a month or two. The crowd wants him to win and they keep shutting the door on him in almost every feud he's in. I'm not a big Ambrose fan or anything, but it's pretty clear that the crowd is ready for him to be champ.

Ambrose has always been the guy from the Shield the crowd wanted to see as champ, really, so of course they focus on Reigns and Rollins instead. 

Rollins sucks, by the way. He's been far more exposed as a guy who desperately needed The Shield to be good than Reigns, IMO. 

• Like 2

Did anyone else think Rollins was looking for a sledgehammer like his wrestling daddy when he stayed underneath the ring for so long?

I thought he was looking for some in ring charisma.

• Like 3

Sheamus is possibly the best wrestler in America that I don't give a shit about.

It wasn't Sasha/Becky, but the divas match was pretty darned good right up until the idiotic finish.

I feel like they pulled the trigger on PTP winning the tag belts too quickly. And I think they did it, because it was the only match of the night that didn't end in a fuck finish, (I count the main.)

Miz is by far the best part of the IC title picture right now. Think about that.