DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

The tutorial/prologue kicked my ass hard enough to make me give up and delete the game, twice. A full 2 years after j bought the PC version and over a year after getting the Playstation ports, I finally sat down and hammered away at that shit for a full two hours til I finally understood the game's rhythm well enough to survive and I immediately became a fan.

The controls are kind of sloppy, but it's a fun game.  Really good soundtrack too.  Definitely worth $4.

Don't forget all the GTA games are on sale until 4/20.

Thought about picking up some of the PS2 classics, but I'd probably be just as well off hooking up an old PS2 to play them.

At least they don't look like they've been updated looking at youtube clips.

You can use the upscale feature on the PS3 and it makes the graphics look better (except for the Stories games - those still look like total ass).  I don't have a PS3 anymore, but I think they have Spotify on there so you can use that as the in game music.

Sonic Generations for $12 is not that great of a deal....

Sonic Generations falls in the same category of indefensible games I love unconditionally, with Splatter house PS3.

It's totally defensible. Best platformer of last generation, IMO. The 2D levels were solid, though Sonic felt heavier than he normally feels in his 2D games. The 2.5D was pretty much a great experience, like if you made F-Zero into a platformer. 

The little minigames and time trials were annoying sometimes, especially that one with Vector and the musical note, but between the different levels, the amazing soundtrack, the unlockables, the ability to customize your Sonic with special abilities, and the platforming itself, it was pretty amazing. Even critics liked it. Not indefensible. 

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Strikers 1945 PLUS Portable and Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend in the Golden Week sale. For the latter, I realized only too late that I can't even play BlazBlue on a regular-ass controller with normal size pad and sticks, so I don't know what the hell I'm going to do trying to play it on Vita. It's not exactly UvMC3, SFxT, or MK9 when it comes to ease of control on that tiny pad. 

PS Plus for May announced:

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
Ether One (PS4)
The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, Vita)
Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, Vita)
Hohokum (PS4, PS3, Vita)
Murasaki Baby (Vita)

I played a bit of Guacamelee over Steam. Great game, but I'm going to re-start on PS4 since I prefer to game there over PC except for a couple of genres. 

Hohokum looks interesting, too.

Nothing else looks particularly good, but maybe one of these other games will surprise me. 

PS Golden Week (Japanese holiday) flash sale until 5/4 with discounts on Japanese-themed games.

This is basically Andrew POE!'s Favorite Games Sale. The weirdo basement dwelling games that you don't want to admit to liking in public.

Oh and Metal Gear Rising is $8 and Suikoden II is $4. The problem is you'll be giving Konami money.

PS Golden Week (Japanese holiday) flash sale until 5/4 with discounts on Japanese-themed games.

This is basically Andrew POE!'s Favorite Games Sale. The weirdo basement dwelling games that you don't want to admit to liking in public.

Oh and Metal Gear Rising is $8 and Suikoden II is $4. The problem is you'll be giving Konami money.

So, what you're saying is that you're buying Criminal Girls, then?

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited to see Guacamelee on the list, definitely downloading that.  Unfinished Swan seems semi-interesting and worth checking out.  Hohokum was free before and it's a fun little game to fuck around with.  Not sure I'd buy it, but for free you can't go wrong.  Will need to see what the other two are like.

• 2 weeks later...