DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Also, if you buy Bloodborne off of PSN, you can throw on a $20 PSN store credit for an additional $5.

If you like physical, you can get the same deal online or in-store at Target, by the way. I did it yesterday. 

Saw the Flash Sale link and was all in buying some games.  Talked with my wife, had games we both wanted and added funds.  What happens when I try now?  The sale's done.  FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!  Now to debate if we REALLY want to pay $10 for Katamari, no matter how great it is.

While I haven't verified this myself yet, people online are claiming Mass Effect 3 is free for PS+ member right now. Needless to say, if you don't have it, YOU NEED IT.

Only thing I see from the store is the timed trial for PS3.  Also an addon for the Extended Cut.  Not a fan of timed trials, but given the options might think about it.

Saw the Flash Sale link and was all in buying some games. Talked with my wife, had games we both wanted and added funds. What happens when I try now? The sale's done. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! Now to debate if we REALLY want to pay $10 for Katamari, no matter how great it is.

The flash sales only last until Monday mornings. I've gotten in the habit of checking PSN on both Tuesdays and Fridays in case anything pops up.

• Like 1

Sony confirmed that Dishonoured *WILL* be one of the PS3 Freebies next month, so I'll try that.

Currently a huge God of War sale going on, with the entire series (except 3 for PS3) on sale for 60%.  And Ascension Ultimate Edition is there for $8, so yeah, got that.

Sony confirmed that Dishonoured *WILL* be one of the PS3 Freebies next month, so I'll try that.

Currently a huge God of War sale going on, with the entire series (except 3 for PS3) on sale for 60%.  And Ascension Ultimate Edition is there for $8, so yeah, got that.

I think this is implied, but the Ultimate DLC Bundle is free as well.

There's also a 10% discount code on PSN that expires on the 30th. Don't know if that applies to PS3 Psn, but I would assume it does. 

I had $25 credit so I got the Resident Evil Revelations 2 pass/collection. I've heard some good things, and some bad things, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it for the most part.

April's PS+ freebies:

Tower of Guns (PS4, PS3) - some kind of tower defense game I've never heard of
Never Alone (PS4) - a puzzle adventure that gives you a pet fox. Actually intrigues me a bit.
Dishonored (PS3) - the hit FPS. I'll definitely give this one a shot.
Aaru's Awakening (PS4, PS3) - a platformer from Iceland
Killzone Mercenary (Vita) - the big-name FPS that was supposed to sell Vita systems
MonsterBag (Vita) - a puzzle game where you play a bag-shaped monster

Not the greatest month, IMHO, but not bad. Yet another "no big names" month for PS4 owners but big titles for PS3 & Vita folks.

Nothing really looks good to me, kinda tired of indie puzzle/platformers. But my backlog is still packed with previous stuff, so this might be a good thing.

BTW Spotify is available and you can use it for in game music.

Nothing really looks good to me, kinda tired of indie puzzle/platformers. But my backlog is still packed with previous stuff, so this might be a good thing.

BTW Spotify is available and you can use it for in game music.

Yeah, the absolute glut of gimmicky platformers and puzzle games, ESPECIALLY for the PS4, is very tiresome. Give us SOMETHING different guys.

I was really looking forward to trying Never Alone, so that's a big score. I'd be more excited about Dishonored if I wasn't shit at stealth games.

You can absolutely blast your way through if you want. I tried to stealth as much as possible, but I'm pretty bad at that style of game as well. Still really dug this one.

Honestly, there were a few indy titles on PS3 I really liked, but so far, Dust is the only one on PS4 that has been worth any time, mostly because it looks like a polished, developed game.  It's kinda sad that beyond NBA 2K, I rarely play my PS4 anymore and have hopped back over to the PS3.

Honestly, there were a few indy titles on PS3 I really liked, but so far, Dust is the only one on PS4 that has been worth any time, mostly because it looks like a polished, developed game. It's kinda sad that beyond NBA 2K, I rarely play my PS4 anymore and have hopped back over to the PS3.

Resogun is great.
  • Like 1

Don't Starve is one of my favourite games of the past 5 years and was a freebie. I also thought Road Not Taken was excellent if not ridiculously hard after about level 7.

• Like 1

In the unlikely event anyone gives a shit, Woah Dave! (which was free for Vita in I think Feb) is an un-advertised freebie again as of yesterday to go with the PS4 release. This isn't like Hotline Miami etc, where it's free for PS4 if you snagged the PS3 version, it's a no bullshit freebie. I wasn't a huge fan of the Vita version but it plays a little better on a bigger screen. Still strongly influenced by Mario Bros (in particular the 2600 port), still hard as balls, but at least playable for me now.Have at it or don't, it isn't worth losing sleep over. Still no PS3 version.

I love Don't Starve: CE, even if the treeguards freak me out.

Also enjoyed Rogue Legacy, Mercenary Kings, Resogun, Counterspy, Valiant Hearts, and I enjoyed Dust except for the aesthetic.

I also had my love for hard, colorful platformers reignited by Rayman Origins and Legends, so I am into a number of these offerings (though why people like Spelunky so much is beyond me).

I almost bought KZ: Mercenaries, but did not. Lucky me.

It's worth the $9, just be aware that doing the Riddler stuff and the radio towers have a progress breaking bug That was never fixed.

What kind of bug?  I finished the main game and I'm doing all the Riddler stuff now to 100% the game.