DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

There's a new Dead or Alive 5 F2P game up on PS4.  It's basically a gimped version of the full game (only 8 characters, no story mode) and to get the full game is a ridiculous cash grab (season pass is $92) but if you're cool with the characters you get, it's a pretty decent game from what I've played of it.  If it is going to be like the PS3 version, you can keep an eye out on the PSN store for more free characters.

What really stinks is that even if you buy the $40 retail version (which should have everything), you STILL have to buy the season pass. It's not like most games' season passes -- it's mostly costumes.

Usually when something like this happens people should expect there to be some sort of big deal that requires a lot of finagling at the last minute to get the job done. 

But I am fully expecting a giant let down. 

Like either a big deal fell through so here is what you get......or.....we have a really terrible selection for you this month so we are waiting until the last possible second to release the info in hopes that the online backlash will subside quickly. 

I feel really sorry for every indie dev who has gotten a spotlight on the PS BLOG since Thursday. Tons of mean, snarky bullshit. "We don't care about your game, where are the Plus freebies?" On the one hand, SEA has dropped the ball. On the other, the level of entitled asshole you have to be to say "fuck your game, where's a post from Sony?" Is totally infuriating. Those posts are written by the devs, not anyone from SCEA.

• Like 6

The list is out:

Valiant Hearts (PS4)

Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee (PS4)

Papa & Yo (PS3)

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment (PS3)

OlliOlli2 (Vita/PS4)

Counterspy (Vita/PS3/PS4)

So four games for PS4.  Valiant Hearts is a big one for me.  That's one I've wanted since it came out but wasn't really willing to pay for.  The rest?  Eh.

Oh fuck, that is a great list. I'll get Valiant Heart, CounterSpy, Oddworld, and PaPa & Yo.

Good month for Games with Gold and Playstation Plus.

Cheer up, Raziel.

Its my lack of PS4 that hurts me with the list.  The PS3 stuff doesn't look that great.

• Like 1

Great list. I wanted Oddworld but wasn't willing to spend $30 for it. And I've wanted to try OlliOlli for some time now, but now I'll get the new one for free? Awesome. 

Counterspy and Valiant Hearts are also definite downloads.