DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

I forgot how gloriously dumb Duke 3D is! Definitely taking me back. This is the first PC game I ever owned

Ducktales is even more nostalgia. One of my favorite 8-bit games. I've also heard nothing but good things re: Swapper. So for me, at least, this has been the best month in a while.

• Like 1

I bought one and redeemed it for Far Cry 4, but the whole thing does seem super sketchy.

The site is 100% legit.  Their stuff shows up on Slickdeals all the time and is always good.

Ultra SFIV is sorely tempting at that price, but part of me wants to see how much the PS4 version will cost and buy that if it isn't $60. Rivals is another I'm on the fence for; I loved the fuck out of Most Wanted on Vita, but dif feet dev team makes me hesitant.

I grabbed NFS Rivals, I'm a sucker for the series and $12 is a good price. I was thinking of getting it anyway since I want a racing game on PS4.

I buy at least one racing game on every console. They're a great way to show off graphics. And Driveclub and Crew seem to have disappointed, so I went with this one.

I thought I'd throw this out there, because I learned the hard way after buying Bully and don't want to make the same mistake again:  When you buy an older PS2 game off PSN that hasn't been remastered in HD, is there any way to make the game not look like total crap on an HDTV?

I thought I'd throw this out there, because I learned the hard way after buying Bully and don't want to make the same mistake again:  When you buy an older PS2 game off PSN that hasn't been remastered in HD, is there any way to make the game not look like total crap on an HDTV?

There are a bunch of graphics options. They probably work better for 2D games like Fire Pro, but they help.

The GTA Stories games look terrible because they used assets from the PSP version. Otherwise I've found that PS2 stuff looks good for the most part. Vice City in particular looked surprisingly nice.

PS1 3D games on the other hand generally look like ass.

• 2 weeks later...

Major Nelson announced the Games for Gold titles for February:

Xbox One: #IDARB

360:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Feb 1-15)

Sniper Elite V2 (Feb 16-28)

Nothing on PS+ yet, thought I guess Thief has been rumored...

Reported February PSN games:

4. Feb: Apotheon (PS4)
4. Feb: Transistor (PS4)
4. Feb: Thief (PS3)
4. Feb: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
4. Feb: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
4. Feb: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

Definitely some bangers on there.  Mostly looking forward to Transistor  and Rogue Legacy.