DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Aaaaand there's the buyer's remorse for picking up Sound Shapes during their last sale.

The complete list:

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)

First Stealth Inc was super-fun and I'm looking forward to the sequel. 

Limbo wasn't any good, IMO, but I'm kinda interested in Temple of Osiris. I played the TR reboot and actually didn't enjoy it because it relied way too much on QTEs. Just didn't work for me. Still, I like TR in general and will give this a shot. I see that it's much different...almost looks like Hunter: The Reckoning. 

Anyone know if the PS4 Tetris Ultimate ever got patched out of "astonishingly broken" status? I am torn between wanting to play Tetris on my TV for $4 and not wanting to give Ubisoft money even if they DID patch the most hilariously unacceptable game of 2014.

Anyone know if the PS4 Tetris Ultimate ever got patched out of "astonishingly broken" status? I am torn between wanting to play Tetris on my TV for $4 and not wanting to give Ubisoft money even if they DID patch the most hilariously unacceptable game of 2014.

Looks like they finally squashed the problems - last month.

Ubi post

I don't know if it's the same for our American neighbours across the pond. In the UK playstation store, as well as the regular free PS+ titles starting today 'flOw' and 'Woah Dave!' are showing free as well. They don't come up with the regular PS+ games, you have to search for them.

On the UK store right now, Mass Effect trilogy £11.99, Dragon Age Origins and II £4.99 each. Dragon Age Inquisition is £19.99 as well (£17.99 with PS+), with the collector's edition for an extra £2.99. Until Wednesday. Buying some PSN money tomorrow.

Today they announced the three candidates for September's PS4 day-one indie freebie: Armello (a mix of card and tabletop strategy mechanics with a fairy tale theme), Grow Home (open world...gardening thing) and Zombie Vikings (brawler from the Stick It To The Man devs). PS4 owners with Plus have from 8/13 til 8/24 to vote and the winner will be in September's free lineup.

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of the month again: Flash Sale.  Nothing that really grabbed me this time, which is fine by me as it's Dragon Con season.

Also, Groupon has Last Of Us PS4 for $15:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-the-last-of-us-download-for-ps4-1

Looks like it's a card they mail you rather than a code e-mailed to you, which is lame (and raises it to $19 after shipping) but not enough to make it spontaneously become a bad deal or anything.

There's been a ton of deals on that for under $15 digital with immediate delivery to make $19 for delayed delivery a bad deal.

I thought the remastered PS4 version had bottomed out at about $25 on PSN for some reason. My mistake. (not grabbing it either way, I need to play it eventually but have too much on my plate at the moment)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...