DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

So is the Mariners crowd YES-ing with K's (kay! kay! kay!) on two strike counts a new thing?  

Cause it's annoying as hell.

Ever since the King's Court was established. They do it specifically in that section and specifically for Felix.

Tigers win 4-0 behind 8-2/3 from Price and a holy-crap-he-didn't-blow-it save from Joe Nathan. JD "thanks again, Astros" Martinez with an opposite field homer and Alex Avila with a 2-run jack, giving Detroit all the runs they needed. Not a bad Opening Day!

Now, I don't want to crap on the Miami Marlins, partially because several of their fans post here, including some moderators.

But, they managed to have a rain delay in retractable-roof Marlins Park this afternoon. As someone who lives in Florida, weather down here can change at a moment's notice. They didn't have someone watching radar in case a storm blew in out of nowhere so they could close the roof in time?

This is the most Marlins thing that has happened... this season.

• Like 1

Not a bad game 1 for the Sox, Bucholz goes 7 shutout, Betts with a homer, 2 homers from Pedroia, and five RBI (and two homers) from Hanley Ramirez. 8-0 win is very fine, thank you very much.

Yeah, that's pretty much a perfect game 1.

Dustin has two homers and Ramirez has one. Sox doing damage.

I was going to mention Dustin hitting two dingers since I have him in the DVDVR baseball keeper league's 1st season.   

It doesn't look like he's regained his velocity but what do I know.

He has a tear in his pitching elbow (chose not to have Tommy John in the off season) which is why every time he throws a pitch all Yankees hope he doesn't blow out his elbow. Tanaka from different talking heads on different networks is not throwing his normal fastball instead a 2 seam fastball which is partly the reason for the drop in velocity along with the tear in his elbow.

Terms for Porcello is 4/82 (2016-19)

Wow. Um.. I'm Flabbergusted (flabbergasted/disgusted). I don't think this is a good call at all at this point.

It is certainly a interesting contract. . . .. 

No.

siddell had said they could be one of the best lineups in baseball and then Wilner said, not just right now, in baseball history.

Wilner wasnt a homer until he got suspended by the radio station years ago for running down the Jays specifically Cito Gaston last time he was manager.  Now he is laughable at best.  

Now, I don't want to crap on the Miami Marlins, partially because several of their fans post here, including some moderators.

But, they managed to have a rain delay in retractable-roof Marlins Park this afternoon. As someone who lives in Florida, weather down here can change at a moment's notice. They didn't have someone watching radar in case a storm blew in out of nowhere so they could close the roof in time?

This is the most Marlins thing that has happened... this season.

While laughing at the Marlins does ease the pain.  What we ALL can agree on is laughing at the Cubs and their fucking stockpile of port-a-johns.

You'd think with all the TOP PROSPECTS EVER~~!!!! that one of those kids on the farm could do some fucking plumbing work in Wrigley.

• Like 1

Okay - seriously - the Marlins know they can close their roof right?

What does it say about the NL East that the Mets are the second best ran team pretty easily?