AL East: Boston Red Sox

AL Central: Detroit Tigers

AL West: Los Angeles Angels

Wild Cards: Seattle Mariners, Chicago White Sox

NL East: Washington Nationals

NL Central: Pittsburgh Pirates

NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers

Wild Cards: San Diego Padres, St. Louis Cardinals

I know, I know...Bold choices, but there we are.

AL East: Red Sox

AL Central: Tigers

AL West: Mariners

Wild Cards: White Sox, Yankees

NL East: Nationals

NL Central: Pirates

NL West: Dodgers

Wild Cards: Cardinals, Giants

I'm not sold on all the big names the Padres have brought in working out; and I feel like at some point Pujols and Hamilton will start declining, and the Angels will suffer for it.

AL East: Blue Jays

AL Wild Card: White Sox, Angels

It's odd that the best team on paper to me is the Jays by a pretty good amount. I think Martin will get the best out of that pitching staff, and the lineup will hit tons. I don't like... Any of the other teams a ton, really.

NL Central: Cards

NL: West: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Cubs, Pirates

Yeah, I know, I'm picking the Cubs, homer blah blah. But it's a depth issue in the NL. I don't buy that the Padres actually improved: there problem was a terrible infield which is still terrible, and they made there defense worse when if I were them, my goal would be to do the opposite because of that ballpark. I think the Pirates could be worse this year as well, as Martin was an incredibly valuable piece to there puzzle that's gone. And the Giants... it's not an even year. Yes, I'm banking they fall off just because of that. That leaves the Marlins and Brewers as teams I don't trust but could get in the race.

World Series, I'll say Mariners vs. Nations because I don't know.

I've learned never to make predictions in February, because they end terribly for me.

I will say this, though. To me, I only see three great teams and five that won't be contenders. The other 22 are somewhere in the middle. Gonna be an awesome year.

NL Central: Cardinals

NL West: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Cubs and Marlins

AL East: Red Sox

AL Central: Royals

AL West: Angels

AL Wild Card: Tigers and Mariners

World Series: Dodgers vs Red Sox, Dodgers in 6

AL East: Blue Jays

AL Wild Card: White Sox, Angels

It's odd that the best team on paper to me is the Jays by a pretty good amount. I think Martin will get the best out of that pitching staff, and the lineup will hit tons. I don't like... Any of the other teams a ton, really.

NL Central: Cards

NL: West: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Cubs, Pirates

Yeah, I know, I'm picking the Cubs, homer blah blah. But it's a depth issue in the NL. I don't buy that the Padres actually improved: there problem was a terrible infield which is still terrible, and they made there defense worse when if I were them, my goal would be to do the opposite because of that ballpark. I think the Pirates could be worse this year as well, as Martin was an incredibly valuable piece to there puzzle that's gone. And the Giants... it's not an even year. Yes, I'm banking they fall off just because of that. That leaves the Marlins and Brewers as teams I don't trust but could get in the race.

World Series, I'll say Mariners vs. Nations because I don't know.

It's funny how easily I've gotten into the frame of mind of basically writing off 2015 already as just one big year-long extended spring training for 2016. 

The A's, meanwhile... that's not going to be pretty.  Pre-emptive blow up to begin a new rebuild after the Lester gambit failed.  Well at least the stadium is n.....oh, fuck.

So I'm not a huge baseball person but a question to those how are...compared to this time last year are the Royals better or worse?

I don't follow them too closely but losing James Shields has to be a big blow to the rotation. Aside from that I'd think they will probably be solid in the bullpen, good D. Kendrys Morales as the new DH will be.... interesting. Wait no that's not the word. Disastrous. Yes, that's it. 

So I'm not a huge baseball person but a question to those how are...compared to this time last year are the Royals better or worse?

I don't follow them too closely but losing James Shields has to be a big blow to the rotation. Aside from that I'd think they will probably be solid in the bullpen, good D. Kendrys Morales as the new DH will be.... interesting. Wait no that's not the word. Disastrous. Yes, that's it.

The Royals also let Nori Aoki walk, replacing him with Alex Rios, which should also be diastrous.