DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

Wouldn't the quickest way to a tape trading feud involve Ziggler stiffing Bryan on money for tapes?

"Zigs, you still owe me money for those tapes you got from me"

"dude, the recording quality was mediocre"

"You recorded it all in EP so I have to hit you with my new finisher, the Bad Trader Alert"

I should've read the entire thread. You beat me to joke.

• Like 1

What's the upside to running Reigns as the top face right now? As far as I know he's not moving much more merch than guys like Dean and Bryan. He's not any more over than 6 or 7 of the other top faces, and his work and promos are the worst out of the bunch.

They've got Bryan, Cena, Orton, Ziggler, Ambrose, Sting, Taker, and Mizdow who will all be extremely over as baby faces at Mania(well except maybe Cena lol). Why the forced Reigns push when they have so many other guys to bridge the gap until he's ready?

The Cena/Roman archetype is the same one that the WWE has pushed since Sammartino. The good old babyface who can do no wrong and just wants to fight the bad guys. Even Bret Hart was a variation of this. 

The WWF only broke from this formula during Attitude because they were desperate and you could argue in the early 2000s when Triple H wants to cosplay as Ric Flair. 

That should at least appease the crowd somewhat. Maybe prevent another out and out open rebellion this year.

I feel Vince is just going to keep running Bryan/Sheamus out in booking meetings for Mania for years to come. Gotta get the fella over, you know?

That should at least appease the crowd somewhat. Maybe prevent another out and out open rebellion this year.

I feel Vince is just going to keep running Bryan/Sheamus out in booking meetings for Mania for years to come. Gotta get the fella over, you know?

I'm sure they could steal the show, but considering what else is on the card, they will probably be given five minutes tops.

Loser get fired the winner becomes the third member of J & J Security.

BJJ Security? Nah, never work.

Eve Torres Gracie return imminent?

Maybe.....they may need a sharpshooter to get the belt off Brock if he doesn't want to do business.  

FTFY. And I don't mean the wrestling move.

• Like 1

At least give one of them the IC title first so there's SOMETHING tangible to fight over.

There would be so much less complaining if there was a valid secondary title you could feud over.  I'd be fine with a "the IC title is the worker's title and the WWE title is for the FOTWWE."

Just throwing shit out here,but thinking that maybe Dolph is gonna cost Bryan the Reigns match in a "jealousy" move and set him up as a super heel to fight Bryan at 'Mania. 

That would make too much sense, though, so I'm assuming Reigns wins that match clean and then Bryan turns heel on Dolph. 

I was thinking about that today, with the supposed plan for Ziggler/Bryan at Mania and how they'd get there. Ziggler has been around busting his ass for longer than Bryan. He also gets huge reactions and fan support, but where are his opportunities and title shots? Why does Bryan get all the things that he deserves? And there's your match.

However, the problem then becomes what do you do with heel Ziggler after that match at Mania? He'd likely lose the match to Bryan at Mania and then go back to being the feeder guy, but this time for faces. And their face side is way more thin than the heel side. Before you know it, he'd be getting fed to Kofi and Sin Cara.

Ziggler just got punked out on the mic by Steph, and jobbed clean as a sheet to Bray. Does anyone really want to see him face Bryan at Mania? It won't be any better than the match Bryan just had with Seth on Raw. Speaking of Rollins I'm more upset at the idea of him being wasted on Orton than I am Bryan not main eventing. If any young guy deserves a big match at Mania it's Rollins the guy who's carried the heel side of things in WWE the past 8 months. Seth could probably even get a good match out of Sting.

Plus, they could tease the whole "Orton HAS to turn on Sting" angle the entire way.

Ya know I'd be surprised if Orton didn't turn. Wouldn't it be funny if Rollins turned on Hunter and we find out Rollins is just a big Sting fan and that's how Sting kept getting in without Hunter noticing

Count me in on dreading Rollins/Orton.  Watching Rollings and Bryan go at it really sent home who the top two guys on the show are.  I'm sure Rollins will go over and will still be the biggest heel on the roster, but man, that's not a feud for something much less important than Mania.  I guess it could work in the context of the tag match mentioned above.  The Legend Killer thing would be too perfect there.

I'm very wary of what they're doing with Bryan right now.  I'd much rather see the WM title match ending with Rollins cashing in or Reigns turning heel (or better yet, Lesnar winning) and Bryan chasing the belt through SummerSlam and winning it there.  I feel that this Fastlane crap and whatever they have planned after that is going to be a huge mess. 

If they do end up putting the belt on Bryan at 'Mania, he'll hold it for all of a week before Rollins cashes in on him.  

I'd be fine with the BNB/Dolph feud lasting through April.  Great use of both guys.