DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Oh and Tom Coughlin won't be making any changes to the coaching staff.

And the Dolphins hired Mike Tannenbaum as Executive VP of Football Operations

I feel sick.

The GIFs of animals killing humans will be the stuff of nightmares. :wacko:
I have lost my ability to even. And I just had a latte, too.
  • Like 1

You realize that the head of officials has actually said that it was a penality and picking up the flag was wrong, right?

You do have eyeballs right? Or do they just conveniently close whenever they show the facemask?

Said Head of Officials also said that the facemask was incidential and not a flag. Keep going. You're not winning. Dallas got a gift from the refs. Its been admitted by the damn NFL. The only people arguing otherwise are Cowboy fans.

And plenty of other people. But it's not like your opinion wasn't already written in stone before the play took place. Haters come out of the woodwork when it comes to the Cowboys, it's nothing new.

I love people analyzing every replay in the game looking for penalties that could have been called against the Cowboys as if there wasn't another team playing that didn't benefit from bad calls/no calls.

The reality is it's third down and the QB threw a badly underthrown and uncatchable ball. Sorry, no free first down. And also not the end of the game. That didn't make the punter kick a ten yard punt. It didn't make the defense give up a touchdown on the next drive. And it didn't make Stafford get sacked and fumble TWICE with plenty of time left on the clock to score.

But it is what it is, it's not as if it's a new thing to hate the Cowboys.

• Like 1

It didn't make the defense give up a touchdown on the next drive. 

Let's not forget that the NFL has already said that the Cowboys got help on 4th down on that drive from the refs.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

One of my favourite things about fans of giant clubs like the Cowboys, Toronto Maple Leafs, Manchester United etc is that their delusional fans actually think other people waste 5 seconds thinking about them a year, let alone finding "reasons to hate them".

Speaking as a Leafs fan... people think about the Leafs? Aside from the disaster that is their front office?

I like how GLFPunk is continously ignoring the defensive holding that happened before the ball was thrown, was clear as fucking day, and unquestionably should have been a flag, even if you buy the "underthrown ball/hand brushing the facemask" argument.  And the unsportsmanlike contact. 

The NFL has now admitted to two blown calls in the 4th quarter.

"It didn't cause him to shank the punt."  Yes, actually, it did.  If the play had been called correctly, he wouldn't have been punting, ergo no shank.

• Like 1

If that punter had never flopped in the first place, the game is very likely tied at 7-7 in the second quarter instead of 14-0, Lions. Totally different ballgame. Garbage like running into the kicker shouldn't even be called in the playoffs unless the punter is vivisected and has pieces of brain laying on the turf. I've thought this dating back to games I had no dog in at all; namely the Divisional round game between the Titans and the Pittsburgh Tommy Maddoxes where the Titans got a retry on a field goal attempt because of some kind of slapstick candyass acting job by the Titans kicker where he did a pirouette to sell the harm. Mainly I just hate NFL playoff games being partially decided by the pro football equivalent to ticky tack bail-out shooting foul calls in the NBA. That applies to running into the kicker and underthrown passes thrown with the express intent purpose of drawing a cheap flag. If the pass wouldn't have sucked so bad the Lions blocking tight end would've probably easily high pointed it over a linebacker he dwarfed.

This is all besides the fact that I seem to recall there were supposed to be six or seven calls that went against the Lions in the season finale against the Packers according to the denizens of this board. What gives? As for the memos about all the help the Cowboys got from the refs, well "tough titty" said the kitty. Because guess what? Several years back following a soul crushing upset loss to a particular division rival in the Divisional Round the Cowboys got the same type of conciliatory memos from the league office. However none of it was any excuse for the real reasons the Cowboys lost that game; dropped passes, poor tackling and their nickelback getting burnt like toast during the two minute drill before the half. Not to mention their O-line simply gassing out because the opposing D-line had overwhelmed them. (Disclaimer: I wasn't this level-headed about that particular loss until quite some time later. ;) )

• Like 2

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will say that the Cowboys are one of those teams that people really love to shit and clown on when they're doing bad and then hate the fuck out of them when they're doing good. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING. Holding, not holding, PI, no PI, facemask, no facemask, I don't really care. 

• Like 1

Well this apparently was a lie because ESPN is now saying Perry Fewell is getting canned

I like how GLFPunk is continously ignoring the defensive holding that happened before the ball was thrown, was clear as fucking day, and unquestionably should have been a flag, even if you buy the "underthrown ball/hand brushing the facemask" argument.  And the unsportsmanlike contact. 

The NFL has now admitted to two blown calls in the 4th quarter.

"It didn't cause him to shank the punt."  Yes, actually, it did.  If the play had been called correctly, he wouldn't have been punting, ergo no shank.

I'm ignoring it because it didn't get called/seen, and not even worth mentioning.  Clearly, it's a hold.  It didn't get called.  Why are we talking about it? Don't be a situational advocate for correct calls.  Call it both ways or are you taking the ridiculous position that the Lions always got called correctly on holding that they committed?      

• Like 1

One of my favourite things about fans of giant clubs like the Cowboys, Toronto Maple Leafs, Manchester United etc is that their delusional fans actually think other people waste 5 seconds thinking about them a year, let alone finding "reasons to hate them".

I'm not sure the Maple Leafs actually belong in this conversation, but as someone with no particular rivalry with either club, I hate both the Yankees and the Red Sox.

Jameis will be fine*. Worst case scenario, hire a Dez style security team to follow him around, and keep him out of trouble.

*Or, as fine as anyone could be having to play for the Bucs.

Well this apparently was a lie because ESPN is now saying Perry Fewell is getting canned

Mike Smith and...yes really...Spags being linked.

As a Saints fan who was actually excited with the Spags hire however many years ago it was I would have to admit to mild outrage if he repeats his previous success.

The Outside the Lines on however Jameis spectacularly flames out should follow about two years after he's drafted.

You know someone is just waiting to do a 30 for 30 on ESPN about Jameis I wonder if I can throw my hat into the ring for the job.

I think we should get both "Jameis: The College Years" and "Jameis: The Fall" (or Rise, who knows... Cam was a scumbag in college by all accounts and he's turned out OK). I'm positive they can get enough material to do two hours of college Jameis alone.

I think we should get both "Jameis: The College Years" and "Jameis: The Fall" (or Rise, who knows... Cam was a scumbag in college by all accounts and he's turned out OK). I'm positive they can get enough material to do two hours of college Jameis alone.

No doubt The College Years will be a 2 hour 30 for 30 special. In will probably be a race to see what movie comes 1st Jameis the college years or the rise and fall of ray rice.

As a Lions fan this guy makes sense on why "the Detroit Lions can't complain about The Non-Call." Even though he is right on most of what he states, Lions fans can and will complain since it was a missed call.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/five-reasons-the-detroit-lions-can-t-complain-about-the-non-call-013921557.html