DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

Add LaGarrette Blount to the veteran bloodbath.

Probably the least likely one to get a decent job; bad attitude + marginal talent = car salesman.

He was well behaved last season w/ the Patriots and had some success.  But I don't see a spot on the roster for him there w/ Gray, Vereen, James White and Branden Bolden holding down the fort.

True, but they also didn't want him back after he ended the season so strong last year, so I assumed at the time there must have been some issues that fans didn't know about.  I think he is just difficult and not worth the hassle.

Yeah, this. He actually ran the ball pretty well at times this season. When you look at some of the guys getting significant carries nowadays, Blount definitely has the talent to at least be part of a committee if not the lead back. He's just a total dipshit. 

If I'm RG3, I'd go full asshole. 

When I talk about myself, you hate me.  When I talk about my teammates, you hate me.  My coach hates me.  The fans hate me.  And my dog pissed on my leg this morning. Fuck y'all.  I'm about to give you reason to really hate me.

What are you going to do, Bob?

Cue "You Can Hate Me Now" by Nas as he walks off the stage without another word.

• Like 2

So if you are in the Buffalo area and want to make some extra cash, they are looking for approx. 500 shovelers working triple shifts to help dig Ralph Wilson Stadium out from the snow.

$10/hour AND you get tix to the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/19/bills-offering-cash-plus-tickets-for-snow-shovelers/

• Like 2

When I talk about myself, you hate me.  When I talk about my teammates, you hate me.  My coach hates me.  The fans hate me.  And my dog pissed on my leg this morning. Fuck y'all.  I'm about to give you reason to really hate me.

Cue "You Can Hate Me Now" by Nas as he walks off the stage without another word.

Makes sense to me. Its not like his face run is going well, so he might as well go heel, he's have way there anyway. . . 

Can't possibly be done when you're wearing a hat this corny

06634a20-6eaf-11e4-a862-d159598f2324_gri

Uglier than Tom and Peyton's first half performances, more brutal then a Chris Cooley breakdown, it can only be.....

Top of the Bottom:  The Quest for the Goodell Trophy

Even though we had some big wins and losses, it appears we have had as much movement on the list as RG3 has in the pocket!  To the rankings!

1) 0-10 Oakland 

2) 1-9 Jacksonville 

3) 2-8 Tennessee

4) 2-8 Tampa

5) 2-8 New York (Arguable) Football Jets

6) 3-7 New York Football Giants

7) 3-7 Washington

8) 3-7-1 Carolina

9) 4-6 New Orleans

10) 4-6 Minnesota

Teams eliminated this week: New England, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Kansas City, Philly, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh

I would like to proudly welcome everyone to the "Unstoppable Oakland" edition of Top of the Bottom.  We were a whole .005 away from the first "All NFC South" edition; but there's always next week!  Speaking of the NFC South let's start off by warmly welcoming Carolina to the list!  Riverboat Ron seems to have sprung a leak for you guys, but I honestly think your stay on the list will be short lived.  Trust me, I'm a Tampa fan, I know a life long TotB lister when I see one.  Speaking of my beloved Bucs, it seems they remembered they had some receiving talent at the exact same moment RG3 forgot his football talent.  And yet even a big win barely moves them down the list; it just shows their commitment to the Goodell Trophy!

Speaking of teams moving down the list we bid farewell to St. Louis and Chicago (yet again) as they make their way into the middle of the pack.  Sadly for Rams fans it seems that's not the only moving they'll be doing in the future.  Chicago going off the list means the number of mods this post might aggravate is down to one..for now.  Which segues us nicely to the Met Life Stadium twins, now separated by a mere loss.  Unfortunately for the Jets they don't get to have a bye week every week so I expect them to get back to their losing ways against the Bills.  As for the Giants, well I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

But all these movements are moot as long as Oakland remains perfect.  I feel like they are due a win by this point, and maybe a surprise upset over Kansas City is just what the doctor ordered!   Barring that it's doesn't look too good for the other competitors on this list.

Will Oakland keep their dream alive?  Will they crush the dreams of even more teams?  Who will get to claim they are the second best New York team behind Buffalo?  

TUNE IN NEXT WEEK!

• Like 2

Can't possibly be done when you're wearing a hat this corny

06634a20-6eaf-11e4-a862-d159598f2324_gri

Well, he IS a cornball brother.

(I'd totally rock that hat, it's very cold right now.)

So if you are in the Buffalo area and want to make some extra cash, they are looking for approx. 500 shovelers working triple shifts to help dig Ralph Wilson Stadium out from the snow.

$10/hour AND you get tix to the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/19/bills-offering-cash-plus-tickets-for-snow-shovelers/

Eh. Work a shift and make an extra $100 bucks. They just have to pay for the guy to dig your hyperthermic ass out of the snow.

I've never heard of lake effect under a couple of days around. My lord, it is amazing if you ain't stuck in it. Yet here in AZ, we are bitching about 72 degrees being too cold.

Edit: I really do think that is awesome of the team and town. And a lot of the comments on that page are amazing tbh

Marshawn Lynch was in our town today for an assembly at Marysville Pilchuck High School and stopped for gas at a local Shell station on his way out of town. He found some guy's wallet and drove to the dude's house to return it to him

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430787/article/marshawn-lynch-returns-wallet-he-found-at-gas-station

You know... like anyone would do