DVDVR Message Board

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Big Fresh

Glad I decided to be nosy last night and go to Best Buy.  I missed the doorbuster for the 50-inch Panasonic flat-screen0 for $117, but I did score a 42-inch Insignia for $175.  In and out in about 25 minutes.  My only shopping I have to do now is for my kid, and that'll be done after payday next week.  It's gonna be a relaxing holiday...

As a side note, I dunno why sites sell on Ebay, that kinda blows my mind.  Like the PS4 I got cheap off Ebay was sold by Newegg, but wasn't being sold on their own website.  I assume Ebay at least waves their fees (or pays them) but it still seems weird.

I figure Newegg and online shops like them view EBay as a form of advertising. Otherwise I've got nothing.

So far I've picked up Infamous for $20, Mordor for $25, and AC Rogue for $25 (which is an Amazon lightning deal RIGHT NOW, if you're interested).

Thanks for the heads-up.  Just ordered Rogue.

What exactly is Mordor? What kind of game? I saw it on Amazon for $25 but I don't know if I will like it.

So far I've only bought some cheap ass blu rays for like $8 a piece.

Like Stay Gold said, it's basically Arkham's combat system with AC's platforming, plus a neat interactive enemy hierarchy that adapts to how you play the game.

• Like 1

I hate all of you and your disposable income

Didnt you buy a ps3 not that long ago? ;)

Quiet you with your facts

The bigger problem is that because of doing holiday things yesterday - I hadn't really had a chance to sit down and do anything

So now - the fucking 4 game WiiU bundle is sold out everywhere and I am going to have to totally rethink my Christmas/Birthday plan for my son

Looks like it's back.

I resisted the $99 dollar kindle paperwhite out of sheer indifference.  I was vaguely interested in the classic trilogy Star Wars set.  Had my alarm go off 4 minutes beforehand so I could see it.  Then it only went down to thirty dollars and disappeared instantly.  eBay auctions are more exciting.

The only black Friday shit I actually bought was Platoon for 4 bucks (which I bought last Sunday) and 3 Hulk Hogan shirts for 20 bucks (which I bought on Thursday at 3:30 in the morning).  So actually I didn't buy anything on black Friday.

So, ordered new ipad this morning at around 10:00 for store pickup at best Buy. I get there an hour or so later, but no pick-up confirmation yet. I go and eat lunch. An hour or so later, still no confirmation. I head to the store and kill about a half-hour or so at BN, looking to see if any of the mags i read/buy have come in. Finish up and still no email, 2-1/2 hours later.

I go to Best Buy and talk to theFOS yellow shirt. I explain whats up and he said things are still crazy, but check at store pick-up. I wait there for a while and then explain whats up to the guy at Store Pickup. He said theres a massive back-up and he would check inventory to see if they still have it in stock. He says yes, but it would be maybe 5 hours before my item was picked and processed. He recommended cancelling my online order and just going over to the section and having someone ring me up there. So, that is what happened. Not as horrible as it could have been, although i did have to settle for my second choice, but i really didnt mind, since it is finally done.

I ended up buying a 40" Samsung TV from Best Buy for about $300. Very happy with my purchase. Now I'll be able to enjoy my PS4 on a bigger screen. I also re-bought Destiny from Newegg for $40 before they brought the price back up to $50.

Today, Amazon is doing Dragon Age Inquisition at $44.

• 3 weeks later...

After being screwed out of a credit for the second time in six months, i am offically done w best buy.

Returned my new ipad and buy another one somewhere.

For jerking me around for $30 for a price match i was given, they cost themselves hundreds and prob thousands in future purchases.