DVDVR Message Board

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Big Fresh

Best Buy has 50" TVs for 200...

That'd be swell, but I'm not camping in front of a Best Buy for three days to buy a got-dang television.

Three days? I don't remember where I read it at, but they are already camping. I'm not even joking. Sorry I don't have any source at the moment.

So, I'm seeing Walmart will have new blu rays at like ten bucks or less. Can I expect to see the same from Amazon? I can't remember if they do a lot of Blu Ray deals or whatever.

I usually get a couple games for cheap on Amazon every year though. Just gotta hope you can connect fast enough on those lightening deals.

The only way to justify going out for Black Friday is just to see how crazy people can be.  My wife and I had no cheap TVs or whatever to fight for, so we just stood in the store and watched everybody fly around us all crazy.  It was pretty grand, plus we got some cool stuff anyway.  Oh, and waiting in the car I see two women who wouldn't be confused with Usain Bolt sprint for their lives yelling "There's a saaaaaaaallllleeeee!!!!!!"  It slayed me.

Thankfully (or sadly depending on my mood) I'm working so I'll miss out on the wackiness.  But Cyber Monday will be taken full advantage of.  And just because I'll use the "Keep our podcasts free" link for Jericho, Stone Cold, and Jim Ross's pages for Amazon.

• Like 1

The Walking Dead Season 2 (and season 1) by Telltale is FREE right now on Xbox 360. Hooray! Free!

Thanks for the heads up on this. Pretty fun little playthrough and something different. I don't play much anymore other than old stuff I own so anything free I'm on it. Didn't catch that the one from season 1 was up too so I just went to season 2 and enjoyed it. Love the credits. I'll have to check out the first 1. Big fan of adventure type games like Dreamfall and Indigo Prophecy but don't find much anymore.

edit: Went back and played season 1 episode 1 as well, yeah these are real fun.. very enjoyable kind of adventures I like.

When my 360 died and I got another a year later, finding out I could no longer download CAWs on WWE '12 was a killer.

The doorbuster TVs are pretty much the ONLY thing that doesn't end up online during the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales nowadays. And as Tabe said, if you have a Discover card, the model number is in the ad, and you can get it somewhere else before Black Friday, you're covered there, too.

PS4 and XBox One deals are nice if you haven't gotten one yet. Kind of sad to see the customary PS3 bundle of awesomeness gone, though.

Best Buy is, unsurprisingly after the last few years, the store who's the most gung ho about Black Friday deals. Lots of nice game deals as always, and some really good prepaid phone bargains, too: For example, the AT&T GoPhone version of the Nokia Lumia 635, which is considered the best smartphone under $100, is going to be $40, which is 50% off the current $80 street price. GoPhone-branded phones are not locked to the GoPhone service; they can be used with a SIM card from ANY provider that rides AT&T's network, whether it's GoPhone, Cricket, Straight Talk w/ an AT&T SIM, any other AT&T MVNO, or even post-paid AT&T if you want a spare phone, something cheap for your kid on your family plan, etc.

They also have the best prices you'll find all year on Apple products, like a variety big discounts on Macs, $100 off all iPad Air models, etc.

I don't go for the doorbuster deals at all.  I shopped a couple of years ago when I was working 3rd shift.  I got off at 2am and Best Buy was a block away, so I went.  It was madness.  However, I got a SHIT TON of dvds for cheap, and that's all I'm hoping for this year.  Good deals on DVD/Blu Ray as well as individual games.  I got a perfectly fine TV and PS4 lol.

I went shopping on Black Friday once, I think my senior year of high school.  My mom couldn't find anyone else to go, so she talked me into it.

Never. Fucking. Again.

My mom and aunts used to drag me to that shit when I was a kid. Even as a 10 year old, I thought there was something insane about going to a store at 4 or 5am.