DVDVR Message Board

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014

Big Fresh

polygon.com/2014/11/11/7192823/best-buys-black-friday-deal-includes-wii-u-super-smash-bros-bundle

Great deals there. Best Buy has got a Wii U with Smash Brothers, Mario 3D World, Donkey King Country, and NintendoLand for $360. Fucking steal.

I'll post it here so more eyes can see it--

Could we have a general Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Holiday Sale thread?

Why not?  Although I think a non-tech one would be best suited for the Land of Confusion.  

If you're looking to get a next-gen console, you might want to head for Target.

Xbox One 500GB with one controller, Assassin's Creed Unity digital download, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag digital download, for $329 plus a $50 Target gift card (regular price $399)

PlayStation 4 500GB with one controller and Grand Theft Auto 5 and The Last of Us digital download for $399 (console alone regularly costs $399.99)

Having really studied Fridges, Dryers and TVs the past couple of months, I can honestly say that nothing in these flyers stands out as something I'd want to brave the crowds for.

Although, Best Buy has a 55" 4k TV for $900

Yeah, that last one is mildly tempting, but I stick with what I said in the other thread: Fuck Black Friday.

Worked too many holidays in retail to want to subject myself to that shit, never mind paying for the privilege.

Now, Cyber Monday and/or any of this shit that I can do at home? Hook me the fuck up.

• Like 5

Yeah, I spent a decade in retail for Black Fridays.  I only leave my house on Black Friday to go to my inlaws because that's the Christmas decorating day there and my kids love it.

Cyber Monday I'm all over though.

There is no reason to go to the stores, I haven't had to do that in five or six years.  Its all about online now.  Amazon usually has really good game sales that change every few hours, looking forward to that.  Annoyed all the PS4 deals are basically the same games packaged in, hopefully something different pops up.

• Like 1

I went shopping on Black Friday once, I think my senior year of high school.  My mom couldn't find anyone else to go, so she talked me into it.

Never. Fucking. Again.

Two years ago, I went to see Wreck-It Ralph on Thanksgiving, and when we left we drove down near where Wal-Mart/Dick's Sporting Goods/Target/whatever are in town and HOLY FUCKING SHIT.  The "best" part was the people sprinting across the road to get to a different store in the middle of traffic.

Anyway, yeah, a good Black Friday/Cyber Monday amazon sale might get me to buy a thing or two.  But I don't care if Wal-Mart has a 65" UHDTV/Home Theater system/PS4/25 game bundle for 5 bucks in-store.  Never. Fucking. Again.

• Like 1

This year's most recent game offerings for Black Friday are pretty slim. No FC4, Dragon Age Inquisition or AC Unity at $40 (or less).

I might (emphasis on might) pick up AC Rogue and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition but it'll be likely to be from Amazon.

The days of me venturing out during Black Friday are done. Goddamn people and their freakin' inability to drive.

There is no reason to go to the stores, I haven't had to do that in five or six years.  Its all about online now.  Amazon usually has really good game sales that change every few hours, looking forward to that.  Annoyed all the PS4 deals are basically the same games packaged in, hopefully something different pops up.

I'd imagine it's cuz the PS4 has been pretty steadily moving fine at full price. It's the Xbones they need to blow out.

Best Buy has 50" TVs for 200...

That'd be swell, but I'm not camping in front of a Best Buy for three days to buy a got-dang television.

This seems to be Canada's attitude to the whole thing and I hope that somehow we resist temptation and continue.

Having said that FIFTY INCHES FOR 200 DOLLARS COME ON DOWN

I'd imagine it's cuz the PS4 has been pretty steadily moving fine at full price. It's the Xbones they need to blow out.

Yea I don't mind the price point, just don't want Last of Us (already played it on PS3) or GTA V (same).  Rather have two games I haven't played already thrown in there.

Best Buy has 50" TVs for 200...

That'd be swell, but I'm not camping in front of a Best Buy for three days to buy a got-dang television.

This seems to be Canada's attitude to the whole thing and I hope that somehow we resist temptation and continue.

Having said that FIFTY INCHES FOR 200 DOLLARS COME ON DOWN

Discover will price match Black Friday deals. Order online ahead of time for regular price, get discount later, no waiting in line.