DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

Yeah, I can't see how anyone can honestly say that Dolph has no charisma. I don't like him, but he makes people care about him. Lots of people. 

He's been the same asshole who slams his own head off the mat since 2009. Nothing has changed for the guy. Again, if someone keeps telling you how you should about something, you either realize they are full of shit or eventually you believe it. It took him FOREVER to get consistent reactions, but that doens't change that he has awkward silence in his promos and shouldn't be talking.

If Ziggles isn't anti-charisma, then can we agree that he has no natural personality? From his taunts who look like someone randomly hitting the joystick in No Mercy to boost their gauge to all three of his facial expressions (which is his REALLY INTENSE! face, generic smile with no emotion behind it, and of course, sleeping face as he sells for 5 seconds before popping up for the next spot). I can't think of a guy on the roster who tries to so damn hard to prove he isn't just some dude you couldn't pick out of a line up.

It is not anti-charisma as much as it is overselling the moment.

Wait, why are we discussing Ziggler in the TNA thread?

Someone mentioned people having no charisma and mentioned Roode and Ziggler. Sorry, fellas, but if you pointed a charisma meter at Ziggler, the needle wouldn't even begin to move. Great wrestler, no doubt. Roode moves the meter slightly with his rich prick gimmick from back in the day, but Ziggler's "hey, folks, watch me wrestle, can't I wrestle good?" deal doesn't cut it. Slightly better as an arrogant heel wrestler who's better than everyone else, but needs someone to tell people how great he is.

Even if you think Ziggler's got some charisma, don't you agree he'd be TONS better off with someone to talk for him, face or heel?

So I keep reading this news bit about how TNA will be going through another rebranding and reboot when they start on DA. So does this mean the six sided ring is gone again? Well what ever they do, they should really not tape almost three months worth of shows over the course of a week anymore. I barely had watched TNA in the last month simply because I read what happened like two months ago.

• Like 1

I think 'TNA Wrestling' is a stronger brand name than 'Impact Wrestling'.  More distinct logo.  Standard three letter abbreviation.  Easy to chant.  'Impact Wrestling' is way too generic.

Roode elevated the championship during his first reign.  For this run, he really needed an actual babyface turn where he just punched a heel in the face instead of what they did with the lame suspension deal.  They had the table set for him and Magnus with Roode being the one who actually took out AJ Styles and Sting but they quickly neutered Magnus because Eric Young had a big beard.

Commentary's easy to fix.  Josh Mathews on PBP with Mongo McMichael on color.

"That's right, sports fans, the Impact is back on Thursday nights, baby!  Call grandma and tell her to put a fresh pair of Depends on grandpa cause we got action so hot and heavy he's gonna shit his britches, baby!"

• Like 3

I enjoy Roode in the ring, but I'm not on board with his reign being the best of TNA. I enjoyed Austin Aries's road to becoming champ or the women's division circa-2008 centered around Kong, Kim, and Wilde more than Roode's title run.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned people having no charisma and mentioned Roode and Ziggler. Sorry, fellas, but if you pointed a charisma meter at Ziggler, the needle wouldn't even begin to move. Great wrestler, no doubt. Roode moves the meter slightly with his rich prick gimmick from back in the day, but Ziggler's "hey, folks, watch me wrestle, can't I wrestle good?" deal doesn't cut it. Slightly better as an arrogant heel wrestler who's better than everyone else, but needs someone to tell people how great he is.

Even if you think Ziggler's got some charisma, don't you agree he'd be TONS better off with someone to talk for him, face or heel?

I really don't. He's a guy I love watching doing interviews outside of the WWE confines. He's a funny, charming, charismatic dude. As with so many guys, unnatural WWE scripting cuts his balls off.

• Like 1

The first Destination America tapings have been officially announced for January 7th through 9th in New York.

Hbb7ydH.jpg

Creepy Jeff Hardy likes to peep.

On a more serious note, they probably could've put EC3 and Taryn on that poster just to break up the 35+ age club they got going on there.