DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

Appropriate.

So, I think WWE has a problem on it's hands. While it's suuuuuuuuper awesome they've had Brock defeat the Undertaker and come short of murdering Cena, how does anyone look convincing against Brock?

Appropriate.

So, I think WWE has a problem on it's hands. While it's suuuuuuuuper awesome they've had Brock defeat the Undertaker and come short of murdering Cena, how does anyone look convincing against Brock?

No one can, which is kind of fucking awesome.

I don't want this dude to defend the title until Survivor Series. Build someone up as THE GUY and just let Brock pull him apart.

• Like 1

No talk of how the WWE tried their absolute damndest to pretend the "Daniel Bryan cheated on you" angle didn't exist?

It wasn't mentioned in the prematch video package, and Lawler and JBL brought it up for a second before Cole shut them down and it was never mentioned again. They must've all gone deaf from Vince shouting in their ears "DON'T MENTION THAT, DAMMIT!"

YES THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED

Never mind that JBL referred to him as a philanderer and cheater every time his name was brought up...

Turns out I missed the Brie interview where she brought it up. Whoops.

And they didn't talk about it much during the match itself. One time. Cole shut it down with "Stephanie paid her off" and that was that. Still, the Brie interview makes my point a bunch less strong.

Just watched Brock/Cena. That was friggin' nuts.

I love that Brock has one weakness -- hubris. Cena ALMOST capitalized that at the end, but Brock figured out the STF and just put him away right there.

That's the template for every Brock match from now on. He dominates, gets cocky, almost loses. Until he finally does lose.

Can you imagine what it could do for Ambrose's career if he got in there with Brock, had him on the ropes for a bit, refused to quit and nearly pulls it out? Literally any competitive match against Brock makes a person look great now.

• Like 1

I love that Brock has one weakness -- hubris. Cena ALMOST capitalized that at the end, but Brock figured out the STF and just put him away right there.

That's the template for every Brock match from now on. He dominates, gets cock, almost loses. Until he finally does lose.

Can you imagine what it could do for Ambrose's career if he got in there with Brock, had him on the ropes for a bit, refused to quit and nearly pulls it out? Literally any competitive match against Brock makes a person look great now.

If Bryan's health comes back around, I think this is leading up to Lesnar/Bryan at WM this next year. It's just going to be interesting to see who they feed him in the meantime.

Ambrose would be an interesting one, to be sure. So would Cesaro, if he were to get pissed off at Heyman for leaving him to devote all his energy to Brock. (I think odessasteps mentioned Cesaro earlier.)

That's the template for every Brock match from now on. He dominates, gets cock, almost loses. Until he finally does lose.

Something something blood, urine, and vomit.

I know there's a ton of Rusev love here, but I have a hard time believing the pain of the most unhurtful submission move in wrestling history, the Camel Clutch, would cause someone to pass out. "Oh, the dude's sitting on me, this hurts so bad ... blacking out." It's fine as a finish for keeping Swagger strong, but I wish Rusev had a finish that wasn't a running joke.

:blink:  The camel clutch is one of the most painful holds in wrestling.  Have you ever been put in the camelll clootch?  It feels like your sternum and ribcage are about to burst through the front of your chest, Aliens style.

• Like 2

If Dean Ambrose ever does wrestle Brock, I hope the match starts with Dean driving down to the ring in his rundown 1979 Cadillac and hitting Brock, jumping out while kicking out his empty bags from Burger King and Hardee's, and then gutting Brock with a prison shiv. Then it will be believable that Dean may mount some offense on Brock during the match.

• Like 13

They need to go full-on STOP THE MATSUNAGA with Brock from here until Mania. Have him destroy ring announcers, referees, commentators (leading to JBL attempting to stem Brock's tide in vain). Give Stephie an F5 so Trips realizes how she's on the shelf because he gave Brock carte blanche to wreak havoc. He puts the boots on one last time, gets stretchered out. In a perfect world, Bryan's at 100% and ultimately brings the belt home via some super-violent gimmick match.

• Like 7

I don't want this dude to defend the title until Survivor Series. Build someone up as THE GUY and just let Brock pull him apart.

4d88c2a05033b2ed9169a71416d8157e.jpg

I'LL BE YOUR CHAMPION.

The result would be remarkably similar, only more brutal.

They need to go full-on STOP THE MATSUNAGA with Brock from here until Mania. Have him destroy ring announcers, referees, commentators (leading to JBL attempting to stem Brock's tide in vain). Give Stephie an F5 so Trips realizes how she's on the shelf because he gave Brock carte blanche to wreak havoc. He puts the boots on one last time, gets stretchered out. In a perfect world, Bryan's at 100% and ultimately brings the belt home via some super-violent gimmick match.

I almost feel like they should sign Brock through SummerSlam of next year just so Brock can retain the title against Reigns, leaving everyone wondering who can beat Brock. Then you do the Bryan vs Brock deal to lead into SummerSlam.

Camel clutch:  Preferred finishing hold for foreign heels everywhere.  Don't even need to be Middle Eastern.

Mohamad Ali Vaez from OVW worked an indy show in my area this past Saturday and I immediately(and correctly) guessed his finisher without ever having seen one of his matches.

I know there's a ton of Rusev love here, but I have a hard time believing the pain of the most unhurtful submission move in wrestling history, the Camel Clutch, would cause someone to pass out. "Oh, the dude's sitting on me, this hurts so bad ... blacking out." It's fine as a finish for keeping Swagger strong, but I wish Rusev had a finish that wasn't a running joke.

:blink: The camel clutch is one of the most painful holds in wrestling. Have you ever been put in the camelll clootch? It feels like your sternum and ribcage are about to burst through the front of your chest, Aliens style.

Sorry, jstout, you're wrong on this one, or you have a spine made of silly putty. The camel clutch is brutal.

I don't buy Roman Reigns or John Cena beating Brock Lesnar, let alone a 5'6", 180lbs fresh-off-neck-surgery Daniel Bryan. Come on...

I bet you think Little Mac didn't have a shot against Mike Tyson too.

• Like 2