DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVII

Dolfan in NYC

Seriously. You can't take a beating like that and then come back the next night. There's obvious reasons for it, but the Rock was out for damn near a year after Lesnar beat him. I figure Cena can take a month long vacation.

And send his ass somewhere remote with no cell phone reception. Have him go on a walkabout, or an Ayahuasca trip or something.

• Like 1

Thought Stephanie was shockingly good... which is why the booking was so infuriating to me. The match shouldn't have been about her getting shine and out-wrestling Brie at any point, much less for 70-80% of the entire match... she needed to be stooging for the woman she's been playing mind games with, trying to put a wedge between her and her man, etc. Basically the match was about treating her as a wrestler when she's been anything but over the last 10 years.

Brie works from the bottom the whole time and still loses. That isn't effective revenge, that's her being completely incompetent against a non-wrestler.

• Like 2

Seriously. You can't take a beating like that and then come back the next night. There's obvious reasons for it, but the Rock was out for damn near a year after Lesnar beat him. I figure Cena can take a month long vacation.

And send his ass somewhere remote with no cell phone reception. Have him go on a walkabout, or an Ayahuasca trip or something.

Have him take a month or two questing around the world on what it'll take to beat Brock Lesnar and in the end it turns out he needs a suit of weaponized power armor.

DelayedImpossibleCoot.gif

This was the one part of the match that struck a sour note for me. That All Japan tribute delayed selling crap should have died with Misawa.

The "All-Japan tribute delayed selling crap" actually worked pretty nice in the Miz/Dolph match when Dolph hit the Fameasser(?) and  Miz popped up and hit the SCF, but I might have the sequence wrong.  Again, this might be my favorite Miz match ever.

That happened and it was weird, as Dolph sold his injured leg so it was like he didn't quite hit it which allowed the delayed sell. Strange sequence as we weren't entirely sure what happened.

I loved that spot with Ambrose and Rollins. You don't see stuff like that enough and the crowd popped huge. It also isn't first time Ambrose displayed an inhuman amount of resistance to pain to do the comeback spot.

Yeah...Thinking of that, I'm all for Ambrose vs. Brock. I still think they should do Brock vs Reigns, but Brock should beat Reigns. Then, as mentioned pages ago, Brock's hubris causes him to not take Ambrose seriously.

The Dirtbag vs The Beast Incarnate

The Lunatic Fringe vs The One in 21-1

Cena should be off TV for 3-4 weeks now, but I feel like he has to return for the rematch at Night of Champions. If not Cena, then who else could you put up against Brock for the big Network re-subscription show?

Me personally? Cesaro.

I am sure he will be on Total Divas.

Cena should be off TV for 3-4 weeks now, but I feel like he has to return for the rematch at Night of Champions. If not Cena, then who else could you put up against Brock for the big Network re-subscription show?

It pretty much has to be Reigns since he is the only top level face left.

I would not be surprised if they put Jericho up just to have him squashed and taken off TV.  

Jericho would make some sense in that it puts Brock over as a guy who ends careers; 2 PPV's and 2 guys off the roster.

I loved Ambrose v. Rollins, but Ambrose isn't ready for a main event program. He's way more over on this board than he is in front of live audiences. 

I got a little upset when I read reports that Cena was booed out of the arena last night after Summerslam went off the air. While I often hate how he is booked/presented and his promos can be off the mark, it's hard to not have a ton of respect (along with hustle and/or loyalty) for him.. He consistently delivers in big matches and last night sacrificed his body and his position for the good of the company. Apparently nobody told the Staples Center that a lot of the Cena hate is tongue in cheek. 

Why do I feel like there are Punk conspiracy theorists out there who are raving that all removal of him from every WWE related is a smokescreen and that tonight while Heyman's preening about BAROOOOOCK LESSSSSSSSSSSSSNAR, "Cult Of Personality" is gonna hit and lead to a Promo-For-The-Ages.

It's really too bad they shot their wad with Lesnar killing Mark Henry because they could have saved Henry's return for a one-shot against Lesnar at NOC. Henry is maybe the only other guy that the crowd accepts as a killer if he's portrayed that way. 

IF Brock works Night of Champions and IF he has a new challenger, I hope they don't go the usual route and have it be Big Show.

You're basically left with a rematch with Cena, maybe the Rock if they can pay the Rock enough and if the Rock has enough time, Roman Reigns, Sheamus, Rusev, Bray or, if he's healthy, Daniel Bryan.

No talk of how the WWE tried their absolute damndest to pretend the "Daniel Bryan cheated on you" angle didn't exist?

It wasn't mentioned in the prematch video package, and Lawler and JBL brought it up for a second before Cole shut them down and it was never mentioned again. They must've all gone deaf from Vince shouting in their ears "DON'T MENTION THAT, DAMMIT!"

Had to have been due to Bryan's objection over the angle.

Ambrose-Rollins was tremendous. The crowd brawling got over the story of Ambrose being crazy. It's gonna be hard for the WWE to screw up Ambrose, so let's all kick back and watch them screw it up somehow.

I know there's a ton of Rusev love here, but I have a hard time believing the pain of the most unhurtful submission move in wrestling history, the Camel Clutch, would cause someone to pass out. "Oh, the dude's sitting on me, this hurts so bad ... blacking out." It's fine as a finish for keeping Swagger strong, but I wish Rusev had a finish that wasn't a running joke.

God, Cena got mauled by a grizzly bear. I think Lesnar's gonna take his belt and go home, infuriating HHH. Who do you put him up against at this point? Maybe the WWE could do a UFC-esque "interim title" for a bit until Lesnar returns in a few months.

Also a 13 on 1 handicap match against all the heels on the roster.  He needs to get his heat back.  !!

Pencil him in for the opening segment, then.

IF YOU THINK I CAN"T "BUMP" FOR A "HEEL" AND COME BACK THE NEXT NIGHT TO SHOW MY RRESPECT FOR ALL OF YOU YOU HAVEN"T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION, JACK!!!!

• Like 1

Someone asked me if Hogan would have agreed to be mauled like that, either in his WWF run or in WCW.

My response: Hogan wouldn't agree to sell like that and give Brock something like 80% of the offense in 2014, much less 1997 or 1985.

• Like 1

No talk of how the WWE tried their absolute damndest to pretend the "Daniel Bryan cheated on you" angle didn't exist?

It wasn't mentioned in the prematch video package, and Lawler and JBL brought it up for a second before Cole shut them down and it was never mentioned again. They must've all gone deaf from Vince shouting in their ears "DON'T MENTION THAT, DAMMIT!"

YES THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED

Never mind that JBL referred to him as a philanderer and cheater every time his name was brought up...