DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

On 10/19/2023 at 9:37 AM, Tabe said:

My wife has surgery tomorrow. They are not retesting her blood so should not get denied surgery again. Positive thoughts on the surgery and recovery are welcome. 

She's out of surgery and in recovery. Surgeon removed "an impressive amount" of disc material that was "basically wrapped around her nerve", hence the ridiculous pain she's been experiencing. 

I am very relieved. 

• Like 13

5 hours ago, JLSigman said:

FUCK  - OW  Good lord Curt I am so sorry

It's a small spot so I hope it won't be major. The only problem is it's right on my knee. Anywhere else (except my crotch or the soles of my feet or my face) I probably wouldn't give a shit. 

And yeah, alcohol-related. I was coming down outside stars to a house, kinda tripped and just kept running down the last couple before planting in the rocks. That staircase and yard do totally suck though. They built the house on a fucking hill...

I just got my notice of termination from work. 12 weeks to find something else, or I’ll be unemployed.

26 fucking years. 

• Sad 14

On 10/19/2023 at 12:33 AM, Zimbra said:

So one of the symptoms of my wife's condition is that she bruises really, really easily.  This is typically more annoying than anything else.

Except Sunday she woke up with a big green bruise square on her cheekbone that's only gotten darker since then.  We think it's from one of our cats headbutting her while she was sleeping, but can't be sure.

I sure am glad she's still recovering from surgery and we're not going out much because there just isn't any way to get past people's first impressions with that one.

On 10/19/2023 at 5:37 PM, Tabe said:

My wife has surgery tomorrow. They are not retesting her blood so should not get denied surgery again. Positive thoughts on the surgery and recovery are welcome. 

On 10/20/2023 at 6:30 AM, Curt McGirt said:

The hospital got two of the seven stitches in my knee out but said it'd take another 3-5 days for scabbing to fall off because the nurse couldn't find the knots. Then I went to my therapist, told her I wanted to switch psychiatrists (the guy doesn't even remember my name!), the receptionist told me I'd have to do it myself via phone (seriously? What do they pay her for?) and she wrote the number down for me. 

She wrote the wrong phone extension on the card. 

*sigh*

On 10/20/2023 at 7:31 PM, Tabe said:

She's out of surgery and in recovery. Surgeon removed "an impressive amount" of disc material that was "basically wrapped around her nerve", hence the ridiculous pain she's been experiencing. 

I am very relieved. 

On 10/21/2023 at 12:26 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I KNEW I should have kept my mouth shut about the hospital. 

You can probably guess why.

I did learn a new medical term today, however: debridement

Best wishes to you all. Virtual hugs from England xxx.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AxB said:

I just got my notice of termination from work. 12 weeks to find something else, or I’ll be unemployed.

26 fucking years. 

Sorry to read this, pal. Best wishes xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

26 fucking years. 

Ouch. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

The stitches are OUT 😌 They only found four, so I'm thinking one came out with the scab. I managed to "debride" the thing myself -- it was painless (like the de-stitching itself), there was just a lot of scabbing covering up everything, and a couple showers and some work got it cleaned out. Now it's scabbing over again nicely so hopefully I won't have this indentation in my knee like I feared. 

I hope I've taught myself something. I'm getting too old for this shit. It never should have happened in the first place, and it kept me from seeing fucking SATAN from ENGLAND who are OLD and PROBABLY NEVER COMING BACK. I've spent a month now telling myself "You a stupid fuck, you know that?" It doesn't feel good.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Found out yesterday I'm being made redundant when work merger happens in March.

Didn't expect today to be very clear that they're going to try and push me out to avoid paying me out.

Selling house in December.

Debating when to tell the wife. 

Sorry to read this, bud. Best wishes xxx.

• Like 1

Do we have any posters from Lewiston in Maine with the latest mass shooting in the United States of America? 22 dead, 50-60 injured. POS who did it still loose. Despair watching from across the ocean as the cycle continues.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Do we have any posters from Lewiston in Maine with the latest mass shooting in the United States of America? 22 dead, 50-60 injured. POS who did it still loose. Despair watching from across the ocean as the cycle continues.

I know we don't do politics here, my only intention was just checking in on my American DVDVR MB family xxx.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, The Natural said:

Rough depression spell. Third abscess for me this year. On strong antibiotics. Feel sick.

I'm going through a battle with depression right now myself. Everything is going well for me right now, except I feel so alone. I almost texted my ex the other night, but decided against it. Nothing good could have come of it if I did. 

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, The Natural said:

Rough depression spell. Third abscess for me this year. On strong antibiotics. Feel sick.

5 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T ACCEPT PRIVATE MESSAGES ANY MORE?

I HAVE PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN'S FLACCID DONG FOR YOU. A WELL KNOWN DEPRESSION CURE.

My inbox was full. It's now free :).

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm going through a battle with depression right now myself. Everything is going well for me right now, except I feel so alone. I almost texted my ex the other night, but decided against it. Nothing good could have come of it if I did. 

Here if you need a natter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Eddie, all I can tell you is, you're gonna be okay. 

• Thanks 1

I fell off a ladder at work on the 19th and have been laid up ever since. I got 14 stitches on my chin, smashed my knees and lacerated a shin, and bruised some ribs and sternum. I was ten feet up, the ladder slipped out from under me, and I came down chest first on the ladder. I'm slowly getting better and should be back at work next week. 
Of course, when I texted my pals I do our YouTube show with about it, they immediately sent me the clip of Joey Mercury getting his face destroyed in that match.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4