DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

So they're doing a second ladder match for the Briefcase at the PPV and Rollins was glad to go out and announce it and that he was in it!

Meanwhile, Reigns is in the main one. Meanwhile, the Authority just put Orton in without a match.

And Rollins is going for the Briefcase.

If he's an architect, then he's Ted Mosby.

If Seth is an architect, he's Art Vandelay. He's also an importer/exporter, but not a marine biologist.

• Like 6

I mean it makes sense for a faction like the Authority to have guys in both matches from a kayfabe perspective.  If they sweep, Orton 'doesn't have to worry' about a cash in (he would totally have to worry).  If Orton wins and Rollins doesn't, oh well they still control the titles.  If Rollins wins and Orton doesn't, they have the golden ticket to getting the title back in Authority hands.  Rollins may be taking the back seat here but its the long play that might get him the longer term success.  

Of course, the real best answer is for Bray to win the title and have the Family hunt the poor bastard that won the briefcase because that would be a good inversion of the trope.

• Like 2

So they're doing a second ladder match for the Briefcase at the PPV and Rollins was glad to go out and announce it and that he was in it!

Meanwhile, Reigns is in the main one. Meanwhile, the Authority just put Orton in without a match.

And Rollins is going for the Briefcase.

If he's an architect, then he's Ted Mosby.

If Seth is an architect, he's Art Vandelay. He's also an importer/exporter, but not a marine biologist.

But not a latex salesman?

• Like 2

I am surprised WWE or TNA hasn't copied Game of Thrones yet, get some Dothraki looking guys in a tag team or a scheming little person manipulating everyone behind the scenes. You would think Vince would be all over the Lannister clan storyline.

TNA already copied Game of Thrones by making everyone a dick and punishing all good guys.

• Like 1

Only being 10 years behind the times is pretty good for WWE.

Hence in 10 years time, Vince will be sitting in a Florida Retirement home watching Game of Thrones and...  "Hunter, get me HORNSWOGGLE, I've got a fantastic idea!!! Also get Shane and Stephanie in here as well..."

I spent a minute or so trying to photoshop batman's head on Rollins' new look before I gave up because I can't do such things, but someone else should.

Rollins isn't Batman. He's Snake Plissken.

This Adam Rose is the most annoying character in ages. Straight up douche chills whenever he appears on screen. The gimmick feels like 10 or 15 years dated.

The problem with Rose, and Fandango and Clay is that at their core they are one note comedy gimmicks. Once the initial thrill (if you want to call it that) is gone, there is nowhere for the characters to go. They get their initial little push then fill up time on Raw/Smackdown for eternity.

The fans today are more vocal and less willing to accept anything as promoted, only focusing on aspects they don't like until such time as an injury removes the performer from the stage and then get all nostalgic until the performer returns, before turning on them again within a month?

Only being 10 years behind the times is pretty good for WWE.

Hence in 10 years time, Vince will be sitting in a Florida Retirement home watching Game of Thrones and...  "Hunter, get me HORNSWOGGLE, I've got a fantastic idea!!! Also get Shane and Stephanie in here as well..."

I enjoy the irony of people claiming that Vince is 10 years out of date as if the comment itself hasn't been run into the ground for at least that long.

• Like 2

What was the deal with the stretcher match on Monday?  It was like Kane was contractually obligated to be in one in June or they had to pay a hefty fine or something.  Such a weird thing to have on a random Raw.