DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I don't like Kevin Hart he's a poor mans Katt Williams. What did I miss him do in Monday?

Hart's stand up has evolved into being really great storytelling. Katt's still a gimmick comic, which is fine, but Hart has stepped up with his material .
  • Like 1

I mostly know of Kevin Hart through his frequent appearances in memes. I've seen him in a couple of movies but never took the time to actually watch his standup. Any recommendations? 

Don't watch Let Me Explain.  it isn't as good as his first three.  The third one is probably the best overall.  But I am partial to "Im a grown little man"

Kevin Hart is terrible, but that Daily Show interview had this terminally liberal rasslin fan laughing like a little bastard. Stewart laying down his New York heroes and Hart being all Dusty/Flair was great. Other than freaking out about the Taker loss to BARACK LESNAR, I think this was the only time Stewart's marked out on TDS.

What's sad is that if it were any other celebrity, WWE would be whoring the mention, but this is maybe the one dude Linda might tell Vince to ignore. Didn't JBL and Cole explain the Daily Show to Lawler in one of their millions of awful announcing moments? Oh, what could have been.

He's V. British.

Adam Rose actually makes me a little sad.  When he was doing the Leo Kruger gimmick he did one of those "secret youtube promos" where he literally said "I can dance around, act all goofy, BUT I DON'T NEED TO, everything you need to know about me is in that ring"

A month later he was repackaged as Rose.

And then made it to the main roster after years in developmental as Kraven the Hunter.

So when Devitt shows up cosplaying as Spider-Man, they can do Kravens Last Hunt on raw

If Devitt showed up cosplaying as Arachna-Man I would love him forever.

• Like 1

Another observation from my nostalgic revisiting of old Starrcade shows. Jimmy Garvin came to Starrcade '86 ready work. He has a 15 minute draw with Brad Armstrong that was actually sort of a fun mat-work oriented match. They had great heat between the two of them. Now, it was obvious they were shooting for the 15 minute draw as a good chunk of the match was a side headlock-fest but the first 2/3 of the match was a fun little hate filled mid-card match. Jimmy was way more fun as a heel than he was a face and it really shows here. Plus, Brad Armstrong was always gold in my book.

What the fuck does "catch-as-catch-can" mean?

In 1871, Mr. J. G. Chambers, of aquatic and pedestrian celebrity, and sometime editor of Land and Water, endeavored to introduce and promote a new system of wrestling at Little Bridge Grounds, West Brompton, which he denominated, "The Catch-as-catch-can Style."

The British term "catch as catch can" is generally understood to mean "catch (a hold) anywhere you can".

• Like 2

Does anyone remember Frankie Kazarian's brief WWE run? He got promo time and consistent matches on Velocity then disappeared, what happened?

Supposedly either he went to creative with an idea for them and the guy literally didn't know who he was and/or he was asked to cut his hair and he refused.

Either way, he asked for his release and got it.

Does anyone remember Frankie Kazarian's brief WWE run? He got promo time and consistent matches on Velocity then disappeared, what happened?

The story going around at the time was that they wanted him to cut his hair and he balked, but I believe he's said since then that it was just that creative had nothing for him so he bailed.

I don't like Kevin Hart he's a poor mans Katt Williams. What did I miss him do in Monday?

Hart's stand up has evolved into being really great storytelling. Katt's still a gimmick comic, which is fine, but Hart has stepped up with his material .

Now I want Kart Williams as guest GM on an 'Old School RAW' with the Godfather as his advisor.

Pimpin' decisions all night!

I like Harts movies Paper Soldiers and Soul Plane (yes I like Soul Plane, John Whitherspoon finger bangs a baked potato sue me) but his stand up is just a little man yelling about shit. Katts way better at that. But yes katt as guest host of Raw hanging witht he Godfather and hitting on the Divas would be awesome. Him and Tamina interacting would be great.

• Like 1