DVDVR Message Board

JUNE WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Remember these tapings were originally intended to impress SPIKE brass to renewing IMPACT.

Is this the first time an actual promotion has turned heel?

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Lisa Simpson, Art Garfunkel, John Oates and Jim Messina with their song, the second best!"

Remember these tapings were originally intended to impress SPIKE brass to renewing IMPACT.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Lisa Simpson, Art Garfunkel, John Oates and Jim Messina with their song, the second best!"

Nothing will impress Spike like a quarter-full arena chanting "Fuck TNA".

• Like 1

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Lisa Simpson, Art Garfunkel, John Oates and Jim Messina with their song, the second best!"

Oates was third best (his moustache was second best).

Wow, the monkey that operates the leavers in Dixie's head has really outdone itself this time.

Bully Ray seems like more of an ape than a monkey.

They're taping something like 8 weeks of TV over the next 3.  Two from Pennsylvania and six from New York.  So for the Summer months when they could probably get decent crowds on the road, they're going to have TV in the can from a small overpriced venue in NYC where the people will probably be chanting "Shut the fuck up", "Fuck TNA", and "E-C-Dub" throughout.  Spike's sure to be impressed.

Also, their big payoff of Bully finally putting Dixie through a table on a network that has historically barred them from doing any man on woman violence will surely get Spike to expedite that TV contract renewal.

• Like 1

Tess Macher and Robbie E are doing The Amazing Race.  I don't think she'll be around for any of the tapings.

Not really much of a payoff to have her do it anyway since she doesn't have anything to do with the feud.  Now if Brooke Hogan returned and put Bully through a table that would be a swerve that'd make a lot of sense and would also be hilarious.  But I guess you'd be back to the problem of the big babyface's key focus being wanting to assault yet another woman.

Serge and his ugly-ass thrift store shirts getting put through a table in NYC might be acceptable.  Only if he ends up in a wheelchair for a couple of weeks afterward with Spud accidentally pushing him into things though.

I voted for six as well, if only so Lashley can steal the POUNCE!

The 6 side ring really worked in combination with the 'Fox Box' presentation of the early IMPACTs. I'd like to see them junk Tazz/Tenay and go back to something like that.

I know Austin will not like it, but I think a bit of differentiation from WWE is a good thing.

I voted for six as well, if only so Lashley can steal the POUNCE!

The 6 side ring really worked in combination with the 'Fox Box' presentation of the early IMPACTs. I'd like to see them junk Tazz/Tenay and go back to something like that.

I know Austin will not like it, but I think a bit of differentiation from WWE is a good thing.

Ideally it should be much more than "a bit," but that ship sailed long ago.