DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

The only indie guy that I can think of that they need to sign is that Uhaa Nations dude. He seems awesome in the limited YouTube shit that I've seen. Also Colt Cabana. 

Uhaa's great.  I'd also sign Jeff Cobb from California and someone from England so Colt would have someone to do wacky British-style matches with.

Can Vince go ahead and just offer Jarrett a deal? I'm not sure where he'd fit into current WWE but at least it would spare us the horror of his attempts at promoting.

Nah, Vince's style is to wait for them to tape all their shows and then offer all the guys he wants deals. He did that to Hogan and the XWF that he and Jimmy Hart put together. Hogan, Curt Hennig, Jerry Lawler, and others were snatched back up because they only signed on for the tapings.

If Jarrett's smart (I know, I know) who ever they get, they sign them to at least a long term deal so they can't get poached.

Jarrett's main problem might be that Toby Keith isn't a dope. You don't get as rich as he is being dumb. He's not a stupid money mark. Sooner rather than later, he's going to expect results and no way if he going to pore tens of millions into it like Dixie did with TNA.

Global Force Wrestling sounds like an e-fed, and I'm sure Jarrett will book it like one as well.

In Jarrett's defense, there are several e-feds booked better than TNA, or most indies for that matter.

• Like 1

Global Force Wrestling sounds like an e-fed, and I'm sure Jarrett will book it like one as well.

In Jarrett's defense, there are several e-feds booked better than TNA, or most indies for that matter.

I have seen several fantastic goth Crow/Lestat based e-fed characters over the years that he could draw big money with.

• Like 1

Ok guest booker me. My ideal 1st show.

Wed 9-3-14 from Memphis TN

1. Ricochet & AR Fox over Matt Hardy & Scorpio when Scorpio turns on Hardy and joins the young guys.

2. Michael Elgin over Scott Steiner

3. Chris Hero over Shelton Benjamin

4. Jeff Jarrett over Chris Masters due to some outside interference.

5. Jay & Mark Briscoe over Paul London & Brian Kendrick. This is on CMT right? I'm pushing the Briscoes hard.

6. AJ Styles vs Low-Ki ends in a 15 minute draw.

7. John Morrison over Kurt Angle

Yeah work is real slow today.

Needs more WWE castoffs.

I'm cautiously optimistic based off Ring Ka King which used its cast of characters almost perfectly.  The only change I would have made would be to switch the positions of "American Adonis" Chris Masters and Matt Morgan.  Steiner and Abyss as a Bruiser Brody/Stan Hansen tribute band was inspired use of two guys with serious limitations and character damages.  Jarrett himself was really well suited to his American Businessman gimmick where he did some talking and got beat up by Cricket players.  The locals were given a nice development path considering their talent levels where they got put over in the end (except for Barood).  

Again: Cautious Optimism.

• Like 1

I wouldnt use him in ring wise but the fact that Matt's drawing 2,000 with OMEGA in North Carolina why not bring him in to do promotion he seems to be good at it and Focusing on the Mid Atlantic region they seem to LOVE wrestling in that area of the United States.

Before Jarrett left TNA he booked a bunch of house show dates in high schools and outsourced the promotion for those shows to local guys like Beau James and Randy Hales.  Wouldn't be shocked if he employed that strategy for this endeavor.

I finally checked their website, this is the actual official press release they posted online:

I can't believe that it's just a screencap directly from Word, strong professionalism.

Double J ain't got time for office work.  There's a bunch of kids out there that need tapping out.

• Like 1

Brand new interview with Jarrett. He doesn't say much, really, but it's as much as he's going to say at this point:

Jeff Jarrett thinks Global with new pro wrestling group

Betting that the professional wrestling business is on the brink of another boom, industry veteran Jeff Jarrett is launching a new Nashville-based promotion called Global Force Wrestling.

Jarrett, who lives in Hendersonville and graduated from Goodpasture High School, boasts a long, successful professional wrestling resume. He had multiple tours with the WWE, the international industry leader, and co-founded Nashville-based TNA in 2002.

Though Jarrett offered few details about Global Force Wrestling, which he launched with his wife, Karen Jarrett, he said he believes professional wrestling is due for growth similar to what the industry saw during the so-called Attitude Era of the late 1990s.

"Our world is getting so much smaller with technology and we live off our phones, so information is shared instantaneously," Jarrett said. "That's right up wrestling fans' alley, so they can swap stories from around the world.

"Wrestling, I wouldn't say it left mainstream over the last 10 years, but it certainly wasn't as prominent as it was in the late '90s. I think it's really about ready to step back into the mainstream."

Internet rumors tied Jarrett's new venture to country music stars, specifically Toby Keith, as possible investors. Jarrett said he couldn't comment on potential investors. He also said it was too soon to talk about broadcast partnerships and in-ring talent. His Twitter feed indicates Jarrett has taken meetings around the country, including unspecified meet-ups in Los Angeles last week.

But he did acknowledge the company would be more than a regional promotion. As its name indicates, Global Force Wrestling will look to draw fans beyond the United States and will have "strategic relationships" around the world, Jarrett said.

"Wrestling is a form of entertainment that translates globally and it always has," Jarrett said. "The American wrestler has been traveling to Japan since the '60s. All through Mexico professional wrestling has been very big — it's huge in Germany. It's taken on a new life in India.

"So language has never been an issue or a barrier in professional wrestling, which is a great thing. Everybody can understand professional wrestling."

Jarrett has deep family ties to the professional wrestling business and to Nashville. His grandmother sold wrestling tickets as a second job in the 1940s, and his father, Jerry Jarrett, was a prominent wrestler and promoter. Jarrett was a star athlete at Goodpasture and played basketball briefly at Aquinas College before turning to the family business.

Jarrett began wrestling in 1986 and climbed his way through the ranks. He was a leading wrestler for the WWE in the 1990s when the industry experienced its last boom.

"I've been in the business my entire life, actively wrestling for 28 years, and I couldn't be more excited today than I've ever been," Jarrett said. "The potential is there. It's a great time to be in it, and this is truly fun."

In 2002 Jarrett helped launch TNA, which is headquartered in Cummins Station in downtown Nashville. He said he remains the largest shareholder in the company, but has no input on the daily operation of TNA. Jarrett said he didn't believe it was a conflict to start a new promotion while still invested in TNA.

A TNA spokeswoman confirmed Jarrett's investment in the company, but declined to comment about Global Force Wrestling.

About Global Force Wrestling:

• Will be headquartered in Nashville

• Founded by pro wrestling veteran Jeff Jarrett and his wife, Karen Jarrett

• Will have an international focus

• News about in-ring talent, investors and broadcast partners to be released in the coming weeks