There are so many things at play here: 

- The need for fresh March Madness Blood on top

- Brock's BS win last year

- The Raptor Scream

- Brock's very limited schedule

- Punk taking his ball and going home

- The fact that Punk was fairly inconsistent

- How much I enjoyed babyface Punk on the apron cheering the face-in-peril

- The fact that Punk might have had my favorite EPIC UNDERTAKER match.

- Brock destroying Miz

- The fun old school feel of Punk vs Heyman

I look at that list and I kind of lean towards Brock, but I don't know.

• Like 1

Punk was fucking awful at points last year but Brock suffers from the HHH feces. Also the fact that mark Henry has become his personal Colin Delaney pisses me off. Without a fun run in december that included Ambrose's best singles match on the main roster so far I would have picked Brock, but that late in the year surge makes me pick punk by the most narrow of margins.

I'd lean Punk just because of more TV time. Punk was really inconsistent but when he was on he was terrific. The Punk vs. Heyman stuff was a really great B-Plot with two of my favorite promo guys ever. Punk was very game in trying to get good stuff out of Curtis Axel and Ryback. I do like his face-in-peril tag work a lot, too. That one end segment in Seattle was one of the best moments of the year and he carried it.

I love Lesnar so much, tho.

This makes for an interesting SummerSlam 2013 rematch as it's Lesnar's small quanitty of matches/segments compared to Punk who had a larger amount of both. I liked most of Punk's work last year. Lesnar's had six matches since his WWE return in April 2012 and the only one I didn't like was at the start of the voting period, against Triple H at WrestleMania XXIX. I liked all the others, his best was against Punk in the aformentioned match. I enjoy Brock's returns for the aura about him. Voting Brock.

Punk/Lesnar was my 2013 MOTY, but that's obviously of no help in deciding which of the two to go with. Setting that aside, it's astonishing how quickly Punk went from "best big match performer in WWE" to "guy whose presence on my TV screen made me cringe." Got to go with Brock.

I voted for Punk. I didn't see him stop giving a shit like some people here did and I thought his match against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania was a breath of fresh air. In fact, the entire build to that match was amazing. After that, he took his time off, came back and had the great match against Jericho at Payback, then came his program against Paul Heyman that had a satisfying end, which included the Punk vs Brock match. After that, Punk had the great series against the Shield, putting on great matches with most of those guys, except for the one match with Reigns. He was a little directionless during that period and after though. At times it seemed like he and Bryan would be a force together, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Then it seemed like it would be HHH against Punk, but that didn't turn out to be the case for the most part. He had the nifty Royal Rumble run, and then he left.

Brock on the other hand had a few matches that were all pretty good, he destroyed Mark Henry, and he had the nothing match against Big Show where he beat the shit of Big Show with a bunch of chair shots.

I love Brock Lesnar, but I don't see how his resume from this past year compares to Punk's. Casting my bias for Punk aside and looking at this objectively, it looks like people are voting against Punk more than they're voting for Brock.

Interesting to see Brock running away with this. Curious how many are votes for him and how many are votes against punk

Or votes to get a Brock/Regal matchup.

I can't decide. I feel like I'm letting my disdain for most of the Punk fans I know cloud my voting judgement. But Lesnar has been SO GOOD at everything he's done. Was the vignette of him trashing HHH's office in the voting period? Because that was hilarious, and him bending that laptop inside-out made both my wife and dad laugh, and that gets big points. I'm probably going Lesnar, because I'd rather a guy work a limited schedule and know he's not gonna be around all the time than just quit.

• Like 1

I think Brock is winning because the absence of failure looks better than failure. It's easy to vote against Punk because we can all point to various points where Punk came across as petulant, uncaring and unmotivated, despite still being featured heavily on the show and being pushed. I'm not faulting Punk for getting creatively burnt out, but I also can't really honestly defend it when many people who have already lost have at least been able to try hard and show up for twelve straight months. I also didn't like the undertaker match as much as I think some other did.

Not for nothing, but the internet is gonna explode 8000 different ways when Punk GTS's Daniel Bryan in the Mania main event allowing Batista to win. 

And it will be glorious.

• Like 1

8565-Raw-autoplay_gif-brock_lesnar-chair

I was there at Philips Arena for that. When little marky kids in their Cena gear are laughing that the Miz got hit in the face with a chair, you know a guy's babyface push is not going well.

Yeah, Lesnar's awesome.

• Like 1

For all the talk about Punk's inconsistency, has Lesnar really been able to deliver in all of his matches? What'd he have in the voting period?

Match with HHH: Meh.

Match with Punk: Great.

Match with Big Show: Garbage.

1 of 3?

You can say that in both of those cases, it was the guy he was wrestling who brought him down, but it's not like HHH and Show are Khali, here. When it comes down to it, Lesnar is great in small doses, and he's certainly good at keeping his monster image, (cuz, y'know, it's not really an image,) but in terms of who actually had a better year at the pro wrestling, I'm not sure even a down year for Punk isn't better.