DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/24/14

victor

Nice show, the Wade Barrett bit sounds awesome.

* Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro vs. Big Show and Rey Mysterio kicks off SmackDown. Rey and Show get the win after Rey jumped off Show’s shoulders with a splash. After the match, Paul Heymancomes out and cuts a promo on Big Show about his match with Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.

* The Miz vs. Brodus Clay is next. Bad News Barrett interrupts and starts doing commentary for the match from his podium, over the loud speaker. The Miz wins by pinfall and goes after Barrett. Our correspondent says, “Segment of the year. Barrett trolled the IWC.”

* AJ Lee squashes Cameron.

The Shield appear on the big screen and talk about the Royal Rumble match.

* Ryback and Curtis Axel defeated Los Matadores.

* CM Punk cuts a promo on the Royal Rumble next. He talks about how The Authority hates him and is out to get him. Kane interrupts and talks about the odds of Punk winning since he’s the #1 entrant.

* Erick Rowan and Luke Harper squash Darren Young and Titus O’Neil. Bray Wyatt enters the ring after the match and hits Sister Abigail on Young. Bray cuts a promo about how he will not only defeatDaniel Bryan at the Rumble, he will hurt him. Daniel Bryan comes out to a massive pop and talks about how he fears nothing.

* Emma is shown in the crowd again.

Kofi Kingston defeated Fandango.

* We get a preview for Randy Orton vs. John Cena.

The Shield and The New Age Outlaws vs. Big E Langston, The Usos, Cody Rhodes and Goldust is up next. Seth Rollins does a crotch chop to get a pop. The match ends in a disqualification and everyone starts running out from the back. SmackDown ends with everyone brawling in the ring to hype the Royal Rumble match.

I'm interested to see who's in that smazz at the end, it should be everyone who's in the Rumble. What's IWC?

* Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro vs. Big Show and Rey Mysterio kicks off SmackDown. Rey and Show get the win after Rey jumped off Show’s shoulders with a splash. After the match, Paul Heymancomes out and cuts a promo on Big Show about his match with Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble.

* The Miz vs. Brodus Clay is next. Bad News Barrett interrupts and starts doing commentary for the match from his podium, over the loud speaker. The Miz wins by pinfall and goes after Barrett. Our correspondent says, “Segment of the year. Barrett trolled the IWC.”

* CM Punk cuts a promo on the Royal Rumble next. He talks about how The Authority hates him and is out to get him. Kane interrupts and talks about the odds of Punk winning since he’s the #1 entrant.

* Erick Rowan and Luke Harper squash Darren Young and Titus O’Neil. Bray Wyatt enters the ring after the match and hits Sister Abigail on Young. Bray cuts a promo about how he will not only defeatDaniel Bryan at the Rumble, he will hurt him. Daniel Bryan comes out to a massive pop and talks about how he fears nothing.

The Shield and The New Age Outlaws vs. Big E Langston, The Usos, Cody Rhodes and Goldust is up next. Seth Rollins does a crotch chop to get a pop. The match ends in a disqualification and everyone starts running out from the back. SmackDown ends with everyone brawling in the ring to hype the Royal Rumble match.

I'm interested to see who's in that smazz at the end, it should be everyone who's in the Rumble. What's IWC?

International Watch Company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Watch_Company

Wade is always sending shots at the Swiss.

International Watch Company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Watch_Company

Wade is always sending shots at the Swiss.

It's because he has heat with Cesaro.

Was that the first time the Matadores dropped a fall? And to Rybaxel of all teams?

Yup - first loss as The Matadores

Granted - this was only their 3rd tag match against a non-3MB/Los Locales team (the other two matches were against the Real Americans)

I missed almost all of this but the main was pretty damn fun, even though I think the Rumble preview run-in is still stupid albeit fun. At least there was already a 10-man going on. Goldust turning back the clock is still jaw-dropping and that snap spinebuster he did was a new one. It also looked like it about concussed Road Dogg which... okay, I'll just say I wish it was Billy Gunn taking that bump, I'm not that hateful. Also caught the PTPs getting squashed and that series of reversals at the end was murderous. Wish they showed the lariat in slo-mo.

Shitting on the match you're putting on: I didn't like it when they had Cole doing it for Divas matches, and I don't like them having Barrett doing it for Miz/Brodus. The fact that it WAS horrible hardly helps.

I agree. But Wade looked like Jack shouting "I'm king of the world!" on the Titanic on his podium while the Miz thought he could do something. That made me chuckle.

People are sleeping on the ten man tag. Very fun shine, a long, extended FIP on Cody. He's gotten really good save for his facial expressions during moves. He becomes plastic for a minute whenever he's taking anything and constipated when he's hitting things. Right after that he sells really well though. Goldust clearing house was awesome and the finisher fest is enjoyable once every few months. I loved Ambrose kicking out the chicken wing again and it was fun to see Dogg's pumphandle slam.