DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Holy fucking shit...

So this is like The Addiction meets found footage, right?

Kinda sorta, I think.  Wasn't The Addiction basically a vampire movie, though? 

This looks more like the love child of [REC] and Chronicle.  Dude gets super powers but is slowly transformed into a rage zombie.

I'm going to a free screening of Need for Speed tonight...I am not looking forward to it.  I thought it was going to suck ever since I heard about it, but after watching that clip on Raw I really don't understand why I agree to do shit that is going to make me miserable.  The movie seems like they watched The Fast and the Furious movies and thought they might as well make a lesser version to see if they can trick people into watching it.  I'm going to hate myself after this.

Please note the very Red Bandy nature of the trailer

Oh shoot, it's a remake of that Thai movie "13: Game of Death".  I'm at work so I'm not gonna watch the trailer, but the original had some great moments and I loved the ending so much.

The short film, Occulus Chapter 3 - The Man With The Plan, was awesome so hopefully this will be too.  I hope the bigger budget doesn't ruin it.

Pretty sure that every horror movie released over the past 2 years has come from "the producers of Paranormal Activity and Insidious."

The producers of Paranormal Activity and Insidious are obviously very busy people.

Holy fucking shit...

This looks more like the love child of [REC] and Chronicle.  Dude gets super powers but is slowly transformed into a rage zombie.

The Addiction was the better version of Nadja if I recall correctly. Abel Ferrara's Catholic guilt always improves things. 

This really does look like some weird mashup of REC and Chronicle (from what I know of both having never watched them) but I have a good feeling. I think the acting might save it. And it deserved my "holy fucking shit" based on just the awesomeness of the trailer, going backwards in time. 

Holy fucking shit...

The Addiction was the better version of Nadja if I recall correctly. Abel Ferrara's Catholic guilt always improves things. 

This really does look like some weird mashup of REC and Chronicle (from what I know of both having never watched them) but I have a good feeling. I think the acting might save it. And it deserved my "holy fucking shit" based on just the awesomeness of the trailer, going backwards in time. 

It really reminds me of Contracted http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2281159/

Also interesting that the two dudes who wrote and directed Afflicted are also the ones staring as the leads.

So I think no matter what - it will make a zillion dollars because it probably cost $12 bucks to make

It really reminds me of Contracted 

Great. Patriarchal co-opting (and of course, simplification) of the plot. That makes me feel good inside. I think I'll watch Contracted instead.

But at least knowing about that one led me to the realization that there is now an STD horror subgenre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanatomorphose Apparently it took Shivers and Rabid years and years to catch on.

I didn't realize there were competing Jungle Book movies but there are.

The Disney backed one is being directed by Jon Favreau and it just announced that they got Idris Elba to voice Shere Khan

I'm going to a free screening of Need for Speed tonight...I am not looking forward to it.  I thought it was going to suck ever since I heard about it, but after watching that clip on Raw I really don't understand why I agree to do shit that is going to make me miserable.  The movie seems like they watched The Fast and the Furious movies and thought they might as well make a lesser version to see if they can trick people into watching it.  I'm going to hate myself after this.

Review...I spent the first half of the movie thinking, 'who the fuck wrote this shit?  By the end I do have to admit that the car racing was filmed beautifully, and for a movie I didn't pay to watch it wasn't a total waste of time.  If you want to watch a Fast clone, If you are in it for the fun don't watch it...but if you are really into cars this is better than any of the Fast movies.

I wonder if Shere Khan will be reveal he isn't really a talking tiger, but an actor playing one. 

God, just fuck Jon Favreau.

Jon Favreau didn't make that movie.

I wonder if Shere Khan will be reveal he isn't really a talking tiger, but an actor playing one. 

God, just fuck Jon Favreau.

Jon Favreau didn't make that movie.

Fair enough.  But he did make the incredibly awful Iron Man 2 and Cowboys & Aliens.