DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

They weren't the only ones that were sold on Russel though.  Look up some of the quotes about Russel that were said by some of the "experts". 

And then there's those of us that actually watched some of Jamarcus's games at LSU and were like "WTF?  How is THAT guy the #1 pick?"

They weren't the only ones that were sold on Russel though.  Look up some of the quotes about Russel that were said by some of the "experts". 

And then there's those of us that actually watched some of Jamarcus's games at LSU and were like "WTF?  How is THAT guy the #1 pick?"

It's because he torched Notre Dame's defense, a defense that limped/lucked into a 10-2 season.

And another idiot mistreating women in the NFL. 

http://deadspin.com/greg-hardy-accused-of-beating-girlfriend-throwing-her-1576313205

As much as I think Doug Gottfried is an idiot on his radio show while really bad "real man" shtick, he is absolutely right on one thing.  The idea that Greg Hardy and Ray Rice can what they did do women and get basically a tsk tsk from the NFL execs while morons going on Twitter being disgusted by man on man kissing in the NFL draft gets you suspended is really pathetic

• Like 2

Josh Gordon smokes a doobie, gets a year suspension. 

Ray Lewis participates in, or at least facilitates the coverup of, a double murder and gets a fine equivalent to roughly a game check.

Yep, the NFL has its priorities straight.

• Like 3

There's also the Michael Vick thing and the extensive punishment he wound up with.

Not that what Vick did wasn't fucking horrible, I'm a lifelong animal guy and it was pretty revolting, but it's still another example of how bizarrely passe violence against women is in society.

The pot thing is pretty hard to sell too. I get it's still a criminal offense in most places, but man.

There's also the Michael Vick thing and the extensive punishment he wound up with.

Not that what Vick did wasn't fucking horrible, I'm a lifelong animal guy and it was pretty revolting, but it's still another example of how bizarrely passe violence against women is in society.

The pot thing is pretty hard to sell too. I get it's still a criminal offense in most places, but man.

Michael Vick got off light as well. . . .

He also got suspended for getting out of prison which I always found pretty goddamn funny. "Well you were gone 23 months but here's an arbitrary amount that is more, because, well, just because". Anything between nothing at all and lifetime ban really didn't make even the slightest lick of sense there.

I don't think Vick got off lightly.  I think he paid the price and he did it the right way and I don't have any problem with him now.  For someone who has been convicted, released, given a second opportunity, been a starting QB, and then being benched, he could not have handled anything better than he has.  It's pretty much textbook for how to act after you've royally fucked up.  He's lucky he got a second opportunity and he's made the most of it.