DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/9

*Taped for Xplosion: Curry Man def. Extreme Tiger with a rollup

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing January 9, 2014 from Orlando, FL

*Dixie Carter opens the show, coming to the ring with a contract in hand. She calls out AJ Styles. Styles comes out in his gear and takes the mic but Dixie tells him not to say a word. She asks him to sign the contract for one night and one match only. Styles vs Magnus tonight winner takes all for the undisputed TNA World Heavyweight Championship. She said she's given them a lot in this contract and the match will be no DQ. Dixie said she will never rest until she never has to see AJ's face again. She wants him to be bloodied, bruised, and carried from the ring in their last moment together. Dixie tells him to sign the contract. AJ talks about how Dixie bet against him and lost at Bound for Glory. He asks if she understands what she's saying in no more tournaments, no more Dixieland matches. Styles says when he beats Magnus he will be the undisputed TNA champion. Styles says if she thinks her cronies will cost him with the no DQ stipulation, there are people in the back that hate her just as much. Dixie says she's the one who paid him for 11 years and says no one will come out against her because she owns them. Dixie declares that she made AJ and can't wait to break him. AJ asks how she plans to do that. Styles says Dixie doesn't get wrestling. He says it's about two people coming out to see who is the best but she keeps screwing it up. Styles says the belt earned more respect when he took it away and if the paper champion would take his head from under Dixie's skirt, he'd see it too. Magnus comes out and asks Dixie to leave so she does. Magnus says that's the last time he will ever be called a paper champion. Magnus says AJ's time is up. He says Styles wants back in because no one is paying attention to him anymore. Magnus says he will end AJ tonight and he will be the one man standing as the one true champion. Magnus joins Dixie on the ramp. Styles signs the contract and says he didn't become champion through shortcuts. Styles puts over the work he put into TNA and says he will walk out with honor and respect as champion. Styles asks Magnus what he will do then. Styles tells him to take his lips off Dixie's tit and ask her.

*The BroMans (w/ Zema Ion) def. Joseph Park & Eric Young. During the match, Gail Kim & Lei'D Tapa attacked ODB backstage causing Eric Young to run to the back and leave Park alone. After the match, the BroMans brought a guard rail piece into the ring and hit Park with the Brodown onto it.

*James Storm came to the ring and called out Gunner. Storm ran down his history of tag teams and said he's learned the one thing that's torn them all apart is the world title. Gunner says he wasn't the one who called him out. Gunner says Feast or Fired was every man for himself and Storm superkicked him last week. Storm suggested they settle it in another match with the case hung back up above the ring because he doesn't think Gunner can do it again. They shake hands on it and make the match official for Genesis next week.

*Samoa Joe def. Ethan Carter III via DQ when EC3 used a wrench that Rockstar Spud brought out.

*Kurt Angle came out to issue a Steel Cage Open Challenge in preparation for the cage match with Roode next week at Genesis. Bobby Roode came out and said in seven days, they will be locked in a cage and he will prove to the world that he is better than Angle. Roode said Angle's HOF induction will be gone forever. Roode said regardless of who he faces tonight, all he will see is Roode. Angle invited him to step into the cage but Roode says that would be stupid and says he found two people that hate Kurt just as much as he does.

*Kurt Angle def. Bad Influence after the Angle Slam on Kazarian in a handicap steel cage match.

*Backstage, Dixie ordered the cage to be kept up. Bobby Roode walked in and Dixie asked if he's ready for his cage match tonight. Roode was confused. Dixie informed him that he's wrestling Sting in a cage tonight and that he needs to be a team player.

*Bobby Roode def. Sting in a steel cage match via escape through the door after hitting Sting with a baton that was brought out by Spud & EC3.

*Magnus def. AJ Styles in a no DQ match to become the undisputed TNA World Heavyweight Champion. During the match, EC3 & Spud attacked AJ until Sting came out and fought them. The BroMans and Zema Ion then came out and attacked Styles & Sting. BroMans hit the Brodown on Styles but he kicked out. Sting made a comeback as he and Styles laid out the BroMans. Bad Influence interfered next and laid out Styles. They ordered a count but Earl Hebner refused and walked out after shoving Spud. Dixie brought out Brian Hebner as Bad Influence hit Styles with another double team but he kicked out again. Sting hit a double Scorpion Deathdrop on the BroMans outside. Sting & Styles then fought off Bad Influence. Styles sent Zema Ion out of the ring and locked Magnus in the Calf Killer but Kazarian knocked out Brian Hebner. Styles hit the Styles Clash but there was no ref. Earl Hebner returned to make the count but got pulled out by Bad Influence. AJ dove onto them to take them out. Styles went up to the top rope but Bobby Roode came out and knocked him down. Roode hit Styles with three death valley drivers. Dixie brought out Brian Stiffler to make the count as everyone held Sting back. Magnus celebrated his win with EC3, Dixie, and Spud. Dixie grabbed the mic to announce Magnus as your undisputed TNA World Heavyweight Champion and then they left.

*After the match, AJ got the mic as the crowd chanted thank you AJ. Styles said he wrestled all over the world but there's no place like home and whether he's here or somewhere else, the fans will always be a part of him. Styles says he killed himself for the company and the fans. Styles says storyline or not, Dixie can forget about him but he doesn't want the fans to. Styles says this is real right now and thanks the fans for letting him wrestle for them. Styles drops the mic and goes around ringside slapping hands with fans as he exits.

Main event sounds like a ridiculous overbooked cluster but could be fun. Surprised they didn't save that until the Genesis impact.

• 1 month later...

They really should have called this TNA Nitro because this was like watching a 1999 show.  Except that instead of the Power Plant faction (Natural Born Thrillers I think) it is Rockstar Spud, Robbie E, that Big Brother guy, and EC3.   

I am not sure if the roster has ever been weaker.  Sure it is cheaper and maybe they can pay their bills now but the star power is just vanished

Can someone actually tell me who is the face and heel in the Gunner vs Storm feud?   They are both acting like jerks. 

In theory, this was a decent show since there was a recurring theme with all the attacks and none of it was bad, but nothing really felt important. Angle vs. Bad Influence was okay, but not as good as a singles match against either of them could've been. The Bully-Anderson stuff sucked. Bully's new gimmick started off with some potential as the bringer of doom - now he's just the bringer of bad TV and worse music. Dixie's acting throughout the show was dreadful - I'm not sure if I hated her first bit with Sting more or her attempt to seduce him. World title match was such a clusterfuck. It was a complete waste of every talented person involved in it - much like how TNA feels right now.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/01/tna-impact-1-9-14.html

Screens -

OH GOD! THE BOOKING!

b0b2bf300061149.jpg

531ff8300062441.jpg

1796f4300075071.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/p4cq7q9lgeb94fwle9xcuvh1j4ktp92e

Magnus might have become the weakest champion in decades after that disaster of a match.  I mean you need 7 guys, 3 referees, and the owner of the company to win that match.  And you got no offense in, tapped out once I believe, and was pinned with the Styles Clash soundly with no ref for the 3 count. 

And who is really going to be the next feud for Magnus.  I mean nothing says dying company then a Magnus vs Gunner world title feud.  You are going to put the belt on a 50+ old Sting or a broken down shell of a guy in Kurt Angle

I liked the show-long story of all of AJ's friends being taken out or away. Main event was amusing for such a cluster. 9 others getting involved, 3 referees, and the interference starting in the opening minute. Magnus doing mostly nothing at all definitely doesn't help him. Genesis looks to have a pretty solid lineup of decently built matches.

I just finished watching most of the show. Wow, that was the best WCW tribute show ever. That main event. Jeff Jarrett at the hight of Planet Jarrett didn't have that many run in's (he came close though). I really hope the bit with Dixie threatening not resign Sting is real. Sting doesn't need this crap.

Come on Sting. Sign with Vince all ready. You've proven your point that you didn't need him.

Bully Ray and Ken Anderson doing an homage to Highlander was tremendous though.

Yeah, I can't see this company being around in another 6 months.

I switched over to Impact five times over the course of an hour or so last night and Dixie was talking to someone EVERY single time. I can only assume there were no actual matches and everyone lied about the spoilers.

• Like 2

That was a garbage show, nothing enjoyable about any of it. What a terrible sendoff for AJ.

What is the point in doing handicap matches anymore? A handicap cage match and it is over in five minutes with Angle winning. Why do two cage matches this week to hype one next week?

Also, I really wish no one would employ Earl Hebner, such a joke. Whole company is such a joke.

I suppose TNA would prefer to not think too hard about this but...

It is pretty sad when you can take out 3 guys and that basically eliminates your entire babyface roster.

I passed out during the cage match but I guess they explained that Joe left the building. Did they say where Gunner and James Storm went? I mean they are still technically faces right?

Why not send out that Dewey guy and the other pasty white guy who had been jobbing out to EC3? That probably would have gotten a big reaction.

I suppose TNA would prefer to not think too hard about this but...

It is pretty sad when you can take out 3 guys and that basically eliminates your entire babyface roster.

I passed out during the cage match but I guess they explained that Joe left the building. Did they say where Gunner and James Storm went? I mean they are still technically faces right?

Why not send out that Dewey guy and the other pasty white guy who had been jobbing out to EC3? That probably would have gotten a big reaction.

Them pulling off a Mulkey's type deal would be so hilarious and awesome. All they said about Gunner and Storm was someone bashed whiskey bottles of their head. I can understand Gunner, but Storm is going heel. Why would he care about AJ. It's very amusing to think that The Bromance, EC3, and Spud were behind all these Pearl Harbor jobs as Gorilla Monsoon would say.