DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/22 - 4/28/2024 - Until We Yeet Again

I don't understand breaking up Imperium. That seems like a terrible idea. Same with Judgement Day. I know JD isn't fully broken up yet but there's just no reason to break them apart. Seems like pretty daft creative, but there's been a lot of that outside the main event. 

1 hour ago, Just Dave said:

I don't understand breaking up Imperium. That seems like a terrible idea. Same with Judgement Day. I know JD isn't fully broken up yet but there's just no reason to break them apart. Seems like pretty daft creative, but there's been a lot of that outside the main event. 

They are kicking out Vinci opposed to a complete breakup. Presumably we see someone replace Vinci.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, dragonzombie said:

Draft 2024 rules are out. 

GL8qqSTaYAQ99lA?format=jpg&name=large

Wondering if the thing about NXT getting picks this year was misinformation (or disinformation), or if plans changed after the news and "news" people got hold of it.

Dunno tbh. Maybe it make more sense to do that next year when the NXT show is further established on the CW.

Below is the eligible picks from WWE.COM

FRIDAY’S AVAILABLE DRAFT POOL

AJ Styles
Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn
Alpha Academy (Chad Gable, Otis, Akira Tozawa and Maxxine Dupri)
Andrade
Bianca Belair
Bron Breakker
Cedric Alexander and Ashante “Thee” Adonis
Ivar
Jey Uso
LA Knight
Liv Morgan
Nia Jax
Randy Orton
Ricochet
Seth Rollins
Shayna Baszler
Sheamus
The Bloodline (Roman Reigns, Solo Sikoa, “MFT” Tama Tonga and Paul Heyman)
The O.C. (Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and Michin)
Zoey Stark

* NXT Superstars will be eligible to be drafted.

MONDAY’S AVAILABLE DRAFT POOL

#DIY
Apollo Crews
Braun Strowman
Bronson Reed
Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell
Chelsea Green and Piper Niven
CM Punk
The Creed Brothers (Julius Creed, Brutus Creed and Ivy Nile)
Damage CTRL (IYO SKY, Dakota Kai and Kabuki Warriors)
Drew McIntyre
Final Testament (Karrion Kross, AOP, Scarlett and Paul Ellering)
Giovanni Vinci
Imperium (Gunther and Ludwig Kaiser)
Jade Cargill
Judgment Day (Finn Bálor, Dominik Mysterio and JD McDonagh)
Kayden Carter and Katana Chance
Kevin Owens
Legado del Fantasma (Santos Escobar, Angel, Berto and Elektra Lopez)
LWO (Rey Mysterio, Carlito, Dragon Lee, Cruz Del Toro, Joaquin Wilde and Zelina Vega)
Naomi
Natalya
New Catch Republic (Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate)
New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
Odyssey Jones
Pretty Deadly (Elton Prince and Kit Wilson)
Shinsuke Nakamura
Tegan Nox
The Pride (Bobby Lashley, Street Profits and B-Fab)
Tiffany Stratton

* NXT Superstars will be eligible to be drafted.

Something I forgot to mention last night: I trust the diehard weirdos in the PC arena to come up with some kind of chant for Baron's "fake beard" crack at Lexis. (It won't happen, but the funniest thing they could do for 2k24 would be to have the NXT Orlando audience "whoo!" during Lyra's theme song and none of the other crowds do it)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Wondering if the thing about NXT getting picks this year was misinformation (or disinformation), or if plans changed after the news and "news" people got hold of it.

Probably just doesn't really make sense with "Raw" and "Smackdown" being treated as being "called up" for NXT wrestlers. Like having Ava draft Randy Orton to NXT wouldn't be really equivalent to Trey Bearhill getting drafted to Smackdown. 

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Like a AAA team drafting someone off an MLB roster? 

Not exactly the same thing, but seeing this reminded me that there used to be a clause in the MLB draft rules that allowed independent minor league teams to participate in the draft starting in the 4th round.

• Like 1

I just saw an ad on SD for that stupid show where do an American Pickers rip off that I've never seen. This one apparently is Miz "trying to buy" Flair's shit and Miz is roasting him about how much money Flair spent on shit.  So I'll be watching that. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

Tonight was an all right show. I wasn't that impressed with the draft because I figured there would be at least one or two major shake up's. I had thought at the very least The Bloodline was going to RAW.

I guess we'll get the shock picks on Monday night.

The contract signing was fine though easily could have been 5-8 minutes shorter.

Rey/Dragon vs. Angel/Berto was decent while it lasted. This was more about the post match angle with Carlito being confirmed Dragon Lee's attacker from several weeks back. 

Dug the Bloodline vs. KO/Orton segment.

Tiffany/Naomi was good while it lasted though I dislike the one women's match on the show getting a non-finish two weeks in a row.

Cody/Hayes was a mostly good showcase for Hayes though there was definitely a dumb moment or two that may have legit left Cody injured. Hopefully that is not the case.

The actual Draft was fine. None of the segments lasted long and it was nice to see older talent present. I dug the idea of Long and JBL actively helping Aldis and Pearce choose names. No big surprises beyond Kiana James getting the final pick. Kiana is solid-good ring wise, but her character has always left something to be desired even with the work James puts in. Its a lot like Tony D'Angelo where it good they have made it work for them in NXT, but it's not a character that feels like it will work on the main roster. Hopefully they do some changes so she can create something interesting for herself though I suspect Kiana moving up is more about adding fresh bodies to the main roster than an actual direction Kiana herself. The Hayes move was expected. Bron getting moved to Raw was probably a good idea with the IC division heating up now that Gunther is presumably done with the belt. I like Nia switching up as there are a lot more fresh faces for her to face, and with the run she is on it would be nice to see them run her vs. Bayley again after so long.

Alright episode overall but also nothing here to really go out of one's way to see sans maybe Cody/Hayes.

• Like 1

I really liked the presentation of everything tonight with the look at draft rooms, the NXT celebration, etc. The show was a lot of fun, if nothing else. That is a good thing. 

But one thing that jumps out at me is how incredibly lame Karrion Kross is. I know I am not breaking anything here. Dude is somehow even cornier than he was in previous incarnations. I like AOP a lot as bruising henchmen screaming madness but this stable is lame.

What is the Speed belt now? Lightning Matches? Light Heavyweight Redux?

Spoiler

EDIT: Nevermind. It's a Being Ricochet Belt (almost wrote "Richochet" like every goddamnbody else) and a "social media title" at that... that's somehow even lower than I imagined. FTW title?

Edited by Curt McGirt

I was assuming that Cody and Carmelo were going for the mid-ring collision spot that Carmelo and Ricochet had done in NXT but well Cody isn't Ricochet. Which is a shame since Carmelo took one of the cleanest Codycutters I've seen and Cody took a great fadeaway DDT from 'melo which is a very hit or miss move with how it looks. 

I had pegged Blair Davenport for the "We don't have anything left for you in NXT" women's division move up but, in hindsight, I think Kiana is a good move up. There's not really any fresh feuds for her left, I don't think she's going really improve character or ring wise with any more time in NXT and I think her overall presence and solid ring work has a higher ceiling on the main brands. I think they've done a good enough job in the last year or so to move away from most of the egregious aspects of the "All our wrestlers have day jobs!" aspects of the early parts of her NXT 2.0 character. For no tangible reason she kinda makes me think of Alexa Bliss in terms of someone that didn't set the world on fire in NXT but might have more potential on the main brand.

In moves that I was hoping for, that actually happened, glad that the Unholy Union are moving to Raw where they should have more of a chance with 3 hours, happy to see Corbin get the call back up, and think that Nia Jax is moving to Smackdown. One take away I had from seeing Bayley live last weekend was that she is perfectly posed for a Bret Hart style "babyface that just finds a way to survive" title reign and Nia is a perfect monster heel for that.

3 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I really liked the presentation of everything tonight with the look at draft rooms, the NXT celebration, etc. The show was a lot of fun, if nothing else. That is a good thing. 

But one thing that jumps out at me is how incredibly lame Karrion Kross is. I know I am not breaking anything here. Dude is somehow even cornier than he was in previous incarnations. I like AOP a lot as bruising henchmen screaming madness but this stable is lame.

Everyone in Final Testament presents better than Kross. I feel like Kross and the group as whole would be better off if they had Kross shut up and let Scarlet or Ellering speak for him.

Edited by Eivion

As someone who liked Kross in everything but WWE, it's a bummer but at least someone there likes him.

I agree with everyone on Kianna, if they weren't going to shoot for a face turn to see how it looks for her, then she needed to move up. She's slightly moved away from the "evil 80's businesswoman" character and can have some success on the main roster. Curious to see the other NXT call ups on Monday.