DVDVR Message Board

The Purge (Tony's Version)

7 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The Tate Twins are one of many faceless people.

They literally wore masks, tee hee

I liked the body-positive array of Boys that came out for the PPV last night. 

• Haha 2

I feel like some are missing the point that Tony effectively made a false claim of firing the Boys with cause on an issue that was seemingly on the company in the first place. That is shit that can affect their bookings outside of AEW. They have reason to be pissed. The budget cuts aspect sucks, but it would have been far more sensible and was something they didn't have issue accepting. 

Shush, those ungrateful Tates should've been paying Tony to work the dates they didn't deserve!  Because people used to drive 1000 miles for a possibility, they should've walked to the appearance!.  

Now, hush while I go yell about Hunter taking swipes at the easier schedule.!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I feel like some are missing the point that Tony effectively made a false claim of firing the Boys with cause on an issue that was seemingly on the company in the first place. 

How was it on the company first? The Tate’s were not entitled to fly out of their home airport just because that’s what they’ve always done before and that’s more convenient for them. That’s where the problem started—the entitlement. The second problem was that they spent most of their time whining to someone who’s job ISN’T booking travel. The third problem was that they apparently spent *two to three days* not communicating with anybody about the travel, seemingly expecting the travel person to seek them out about making changes to flights that were already booked. Again, it’s the entitlement.

If anybody would like to lose their job in the future, I would encourage you to follow the Tate’s blueprint here—just whine about your problem, don’t offer potential solutions (beyond “give us what we want”), and then break off communication and blame it on someone else when you miss a shift. That doesn’t work at any job in the world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think that's a pretty harsh analysis, but even if you think that it doesn't really change the fact that AEW come out of this looking like a bunch of dipshits too so it's ESH really at best.

Dalton Castle's Boys are not the hill I'm dying on, but in a week where AEW brought us Billy Gunn vs Jay White I'm kind of wondering if I can really be arsed with this shit.

Apparently the incident being discussed wasn’t the Tates’ first travel issue.  Khan intimated that it’d been mentioned to him that they’d had issues prior to him purchasing the company.  

Anyway, does Remsburg still handle travel or has AEW matured past the “some guys have 2-3 jobs” phase?

2 hours ago, StretchMediatedHypertrophy said:

I think that's a pretty harsh analysis, but even if you think that it doesn't really change the fact that AEW come out of this looking like a bunch of dipshits too so it's ESH really at best.

Eh. I'd say it only makes Tony Khan look like kind of a buffoon. But that's not exactly new. Nobody who objects to watching a wrestling company run by an oversensitive buffoon was watching AEW anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Apparently the incident being discussed wasn’t the Tates’ first travel issue.  Khan intimated that it’d been mentioned to him that they’d had issues prior to him purchasing the company.  

Anyway, does Remsburg still handle travel or has AEW matured past the “some guys have 2-3 jobs” phase?

Look, I love AEW, but I think we both know the answer to that one lol. Christopher Daniels is wrestling tonight, and is the Head of Talent Relations. Schiavone is a Senior Producer, a commentator AND a “special advisor” to talent (AEW’s own words). Aubrey is a project coordinator. Shawn Dean books extras/outside talent. Bryce does travel (alongside a travel department obviously). Kenny Omega pushes video game companies to their breaking point. People like Dustin, Deeb, Rayne, Moxley, etc are all coaches and/or agents. Jericho is a producer and “creative advisor” (per Variety).

Nothing inherently wrong with any of this, but it does seem like TK relies on talent to run the ship alongside him and that can be a problem sometimes (Punk being the perfect example of this, honestly).

• Like 2

Dax Harwood:

"Tony and I worked together on getting this song for Mark. It was so important for Tony to have this song on such a special night for Pugh family. Maybe I shouldn't share this, but Tony's exact words to me were... "This is the best $_____ I've ever spent." That's the kind of boss we work for."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Gonna book you to take a chill pill here in a moment!

the board was angry that day... like an old man attempting to send back soup at a deli

Honestly most of these people I had no Idea where still under contract

Hope Slim J gets some west coast bookings

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

brb boutta go down an NWA Wildside rabbit hole on YouTube like it’s 2003 and I’m playing EWR at 2am on a school night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Eh. I'd say it only makes Tony Khan look like kind of a buffoon. But that's not exactly new. Nobody who objects to watching a wrestling company run by an oversensitive buffoon was watching AEW anyway.

I still think 'the travel department' comes out of this looking bad. If the travel department had said categorically 'this is what is happening because x, you do y & z, you'll get your expenses & we'll try to fly you out of your home airport next time' then it would have been fine. It's a massive communication breakdown & you can either blame the ppl who's actual job it is to sort this stuff out, or you can blame a couple of idiot wrestlers, or you can apportion a bit of blame in both directions.

That all being said, one wonders how much they're being paid and look sure, ppl were riding across the county to get 40 bucks from Ian or something....but they were getting to wrestle at least. Doing 5 minute 6-man matches is barely wrestling. It probably is time for them to move on with their lives one way or another - they're too old to be boys. And I suspect that may have been a factor but of course noone in AEW will ever say that.

8 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Dax Harwood:

"Tony and I worked together on getting this song for Mark. It was so important for Tony to have this song on such a special night for Pugh family. Maybe I shouldn't share this, but Tony's exact words to me were... "This is the best $_____ I've ever spent." That's the kind of boss we work for."

I wish I was Tony’s friend and he’d buy me songs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Casey said:

brb boutta go down an NWA Wildside rabbit hole on YouTube like it’s 2003 and I’m playing EWR at 2am on a school night

What company you booking?