DVDVR Message Board

The 58th Superb Owl

Dolfan in NYC

From the second half on an all-time classic Super Bowl.

I had no side to take in this game (a Michigan kid from birth to my early 20's so was riding the Lions wave this year), but feel bad for the 49ers fans who are going to be hurting from that missed PAT for years if they don't exorcise the demon and win immediately within the next few years.

I also feel bad for the 49ers caught in camera shots looking dejected while covered in celebratory confetti. That shit is about to replace Lieutenant Dan in social media memes.

San Fran had more yards, more first downs, a significantly better third down conversion rate, less penalty yards, more sacks, won time of possession, and broke even in turnovers. They lost the game. That's gonna hurt forever.

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

congrats to the people in the KC area getting out of a Valentines Day dinner because they took their significant other to a Super Bowl parade instead

Being on the fringes of Chiefs territory means there aren't going that many people in the office during then.

Time to act an ass! 

First time I was able to sit down and watch a Super Bowl in ages because today is a holiday (technically a replacement holiday) in Japan. Went to watch at an internet cafe because they have DAZN with NFL Gamepass. But you get no ads (other than DAZN ads - had to see Jerry Jones more than once because he's in a bunch of NFL Films stuff) and no halftime. My halftime show was re-watching parts of the 2021 Japanese action film Baby Assassins. I recommend it. It has choreography by Kensuke Sonomura. And Saori Izawa is great. A second movie came out this year and a third is scheduled. Oh, the game was blah til the 2nd half. Swifties won, conservatives mad. Purdy did enough that the pundits should shut up.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lostinube said:

First time I was able to sit down and watch a Super Bowl in ages because today is a holiday (technically a replacement holiday) in Japan. Went to watch at an internet cafe because they have DAZN with NFL Gamepass. But you get no ads (other than DAZN ads - had to see Jerry Jones more than once because he's in a bunch of NFL Films stuff) and no halftime. My halftime show was re-watching parts of the 2021 Japanese action film Baby Assassins. I recommend it. It has choreography by Kensuke Sonomura. And Saori Izawa is great. A second movie came out this year and a third is scheduled. Oh, the game was blah til the 2nd half. Swifties won, conservatives mad. Purdy did enough that the pundits should shut up.

It should be noted that Saori Izawa went to Wrestle Kingdom this year thus making her double awesome. So yeah, I am watching the 2nd Baby Assassins movie ASAP.

• Like 1

Kelce is an idiot and Burelson is something worse than that. Good grief 🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮.

The armchairs are all blaming Purdy but I blame the same ole same ole, and I don’t know how you can argue it when the result is the same. Those overthrows under pressure were actually good plays. Anybody else would have tried to hard, knowing he was open and turned it over. Meanwhile there’s also what was actually the difference in the game - the same ole same ole. They abandoned the run until the end and left Kittle to just block, which amounts to nothing when he’s not blocking for the run. What good is a TE blocking when they play is on the other side of the field deep. 

59 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The chiefs win, Taylor Swift wins, and I win looking at all the sad ass maga snowflakes having a meltdown.

I was rooting for the 49ers the whole game and wished they won.  I don't even care for the Chielfs one bit.  But when they won I oddly had the biggest smile on my face and this is the reason why.

Now for the stuff I actually cared about the commercials were 75% bad and the good ones were good but not quite memorable.  The halftime show might not be an all-timer but I was thoroughly entertained by it all yet felt old realizing when a lot of those songs came out.  But I like Usher and was thrilled to see the people he had with him.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

13 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It should be noted that Saori Izawa went to Wrestle Kingdom this year thus making her double awesome. So yeah, I am watching the 2nd Baby Assassins movie ASAP.

US Blu-ray comes out in April. Already out in other countries and on some streaming services in Japan if you can get access.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

there were 4 field goals of less than 30 yards, including 3 Chiefs field goals of 24, 28, and 29

(which kinda makes the "Butker for SB MVP" tweets amusing)

Well he did also make the longest field goal in Super Bowl history.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was rooting for the 49ers the whole game and wished they won.  I don't even care for the Chielfs one bit.  But when they won I oddly had the biggest smile on my face and this is the reason why.

Kinda weird how certain people get so twisted up over a singer and a vaccinated guy dating that they'll crap on a team that's as Middle America as Middle America gets in favor of hoping *the team from San Francisco* wins.  Nose, face, knife, hi, bye!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

the Super Bowl FG record being 54 yards was surprising (and it goes back to Steve Christie)

not as surprising as the NFL record for longest punt return being 61 yards, before the Toney return last year (BTW, Toney was an inactive for this one and he's probably on his way out of KC)

So apparently the Chiefs were aware of the new OT rules and absolutely wanted to ball second.  Had SF scored a TD, KC players have said, they would have gone for two, to end the game. 

Meanwhile, report is many Niners players weren't aware of the rule change and read the new rules for the first time when they came up on the jumbotron.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So apparently the Chiefs were aware of the new OT rules and absolutely wanted to ball second.  Had SF scored a TD, KC players have said, they would have gone for two, to end the game. 

Meanwhile, report is many Niners players weren't aware of the rule change and read the new rules for the first time when they came up on the jumbotron.

It blows my mind that the 49ers coaches didn't go over the playoff OT rules leading up to their first playoff game and then reminders before each subsequent game. I coach roller derby for "fun" and go over the OT rules before each game, even ones I know we'll win by a lot or get blown out in.