DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023-24 - DIVISIONAL ROUND

Dolfan in NYC

Whole game was ass weak. When you run the ball that well and still fool around and lose you stink. Bad refs and bad kicking were just dingleberries on top. I don’t hate the Ravens but I’m definitely pulling for them 3rd between the 4 teams left, which means I’m pulling for the NFC winner either way. 

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

remarkable that the fake punt wasn't the worst coaching decision in that part of the game

Unless it already came up in the press conferences, since I don't watch them, we don't actually know if they called a fake punt. Romo seemed to think the players saw a hole/opportunity due to KC missing a player and audibled to it. And calls are always bad when they don't work.

37 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Buffalo is just never gonna beat Mahomes in a playoff game

Eh, I used to think that about the Colts and Patriots. It will eventually happen. I just hope the Bills have as much sustained success as the Colts did to make it happen.

NFL wrapping up Promotion of the Year early in 2024. 

Allen’s shots outside of the end zone throw weren’t bad. Diggs not catching that deep ball is hilarious for many reasons, starting with MVS catching two deep contested balls. 

• Haha 1

Football fans are an emotional bunch, its just part of the fandom, but the Bills main problems weren't coaching or Josh Allen. I've never been a fan of "in hindsight" critiques, the final drive had issues once they got in FG range but they also connected on a 4th down and the offense put up 368 yards total. Josh Allen had 3 TDs and the Bills scored on four of their first five drives. 

If fans could look more big picture, the big issue that hurt the Bills tonight and most of the season is their defensive line rushing the QB. The Bills have poured A LOT of money and draft capital in the defensive line. They drafted Oliver, Groot, and Boogie in the first two rounds (different years of course). They signed Miller. They signed Floyd. They've neglected other positions to get a strong line for one reason - to pressure elite QBs without crazy blitzing. And they just haven't been. They get their sack counts up against bad teams/iffy QBs but when it really matters, they don't get it done. The Bills defense just needed that one big sack, sack/fumble, etc. but there was little sustained pressure from their front line and it just allowed the Chiefs to score too consistently, putting more pressure on the Bills offense to score every time.

I don't know what the solution is at this point. Oliver is good but Von Miller looks washed, Floyd faded and Groot only plays well if someone else is dominating the other side. Injuries of course hurt tonight, missing White, Milano, Benford, and Bernard hurt. But unless they figure out how to get more pressure its going to be hard to consistently beat teams with eilte QBs when it really matters, unless the offensive puts up 40+ or the other team just has a bad/sloppy day on their own.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I'm for the Lions from here on out.

They gifted the Raiders a defeat that caused McDaniels to be fired, so I owe them that 

Lions or Bust for sure, definitely will be pulling for them hard next weekend.

• Like 1

My only solace is hoping that miserable fucking simpleton who murdered the Sabres Terry Pegula will FINALLY start getting the gigantic rations of shit he richly deserves. You don't know how many times I had to hear people defend this motherfucker and what he did to the Sabres with "bUt ThE bILlS", I hate his stinking guts as much as that disgusting pig who murdered my Whalers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I'm for the Lions from here on out.

They gifted the Raiders a defeat that caused McDaniels to be fired, so I owe them that 

5 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Lions or Bust for sure, definitely will be pulling for them hard next weekend.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I’m all in for the Lions at this point. Do it for Fowler, Tabe, and the rest of the knucklehead Lions fans.

Hop on board the bandwagon, everyone.  There's plenty of room and we're happy to have you!

4 hours ago, TimLivingston said:

Brian and Tabe are some of my favorite old heads from here but I have to dislike you for the next week. Sorry, gents. 🙂

You get a vegemite sandwich with a side of rotten lemon, pal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Something, something, Scott Norwood’s ghost.

I think we can start making a case for Pat Mahomes as the GOAT at QB. His only playoff losses have been to Tom Brady. 

Those two losses to Brady are going to be what hurts his GOAT case. He wins both of them and Brady only has five rings and he has at least three, maybe four. And, fair or not, he's going to have to get at least awfully close to Brady in rings to get the public sentiment. As great as they've been and he's been, it's hard to imagine another four+ super bowl wins because, well, only the pats have ever done that.

• Like 1

Here's an interesting little fact: The Texans played 19 convinced regular and post season games this year. They scored offensive touchdowns in 17 of them. The only two were the season opening loss to Baltimore and the playoff loss to Baltimore.

8 hours ago, cubbymark said:

Something, something, Scott Norwood’s ghost.

I think we can start making a case for Pat Mahomes as the GOAT at QB. His only playoff losses have been to Tom Brady. 

Don't forget about Joe Burrow.

• Like 2