DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Drafting QBs is always a total crapshoot, but I really feel like McCarthy to Minnesota feels like the best fit for him/best rookie for them. His skill set is basically exactly the things you want in the Shanahan offense than O'Connell runs. Willing to throw it over the middle, fast and capable runner than can punish the defense if they crash the edge against the running game, strong enough arm to make pretty much any throw, ego free if you ask him to do nothing but hand off and throw check downs all day. And there's not much better of a situation for a rookie to step into than "Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, and TJ Hockensen."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Aaron Jones goes to the Vikings - 1 year, $7 million

Whether they stay with Darnold or try get get someone in the draft, whomever Minnesota keeps at QB just got a big load off their shoulders being able to hand off to him.

Indy signs Raekwon Davis,  2/14

Las Vegas has told Handsome Jimmy that his handsomeness will no longer be required.  So, the question is, how quickly can he get a flight to Minneapolis.

I'm pretty happy with the Texans so far (as long as Mixon doesn't hit any women or points a gun at anyone) but there's a glaring hole at CB that I'd rather have Steve Nelson back than rely on a rookie.

Rumors of Arik Armstead coming to Houston has me intrigued

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Indy signs Raekwon Davis,  2/14

Las Vegas has told Handsome Jimmy that his handsomeness will no longer be required.  So, the question is, how quickly can he get a flight to Minneapolis.

Not as fast as he can knock up an owner's girlfriend, but...pretty fast.

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Joe Flacco is signing with the Colts

Well, guess I better get ready to see some Flacco this year when Richardson inevitably gets hurt.

Arik Armstead almost got traded to the Texans, but is signing with the Jags now.  Texans settle for Tim Settle who I think may actually be AI generated as I've never even heard of him before. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Keenan Allen traded to the Bears for a 4th. Such an eventful week, I love it.

This only leaves Chicago with four or five draft picks. Looks like Ryan Poles will be playing chicken with some other GM's to see if they make the right offer for the #1 pick.

On 3/12/2024 at 12:29 PM, hammerva said:

You know you are in a fucked up situation when your most reliable QB on AND off the field is Jameis Winston 

I feel like Watson's backup has to be a player that no one actually wants to play.  I don't think Jameis is good, and I'm pretty sure this is punishment for telling Saints fans that they should want Jameis over Derek Carr...but this is a direct reaction to Flacco playing himself out of the backup job by being better than the higher-paid starter.  It's the same reason Jacoby Brissett couldn't come back.  If the starter is shaky, then the backup has to be shakier.

Vikings and Texans work a draft trade according to Rappaport.   Could the Vikings be making moves to secure a top 3 draft pick or just trying to get as much talent as possible.  Like the Texans last year.  

— Minnesota gets No. 23 and No. 232.

— Houston gets No. 42, 188 and a 2025 2nd rounder.

Boy - I don't think Minnesota offering the 11th and 23rd is gonna be enough 1st rounders to get them up into the Top 3 unless they are tossing in next year's #1 too

BTW - that 1st rounder the Texans gave up is actually originally the Browns pick

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Aaron Donald will not be terrorizing QBs anymore

He announced his retirement

This feels like it came out of nowhere but good for him. Get out while still reasonably healthy. Incredible player. Enjoy that trip to Canton, Aaron! 

• Like 2