DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

16 hours ago, zendragon said:

I will never understand after the initial three way feud with Cody and Black, Tony K decided to put in a program with Matt Freakin Hardy. Now me and @MattD are probably the high votes on Matt Hardy Veteran hand but Andrade should have been way above that 

All I remember about that is Cody sweating off all the flame repellent and burning the shit out of his back on a dumb flaming table spot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/29/2023 at 6:35 AM, zendragon said:

I will never understand after the initial three way feud with Cody and Black, Tony K decided to put in a program with Matt Freakin Hardy. Now me and @MattD are probably the high votes on Matt Hardy Veteran hand but Andrade should have been way above that 

Andrade had plenty of opportunity before, after and during the sporting/entertaining he did with Hardy. He had and continues to have great matches. I applaud their decision to not throw rockets on a guy they could seemingly never trust. That said, hope I'm wrong going forward and he takes a nice big pay day to stick around. Also, I'm fully with MattD's assessment of Matt's veteran ring work. Unfortunately, Matt (not unlike a lot of this roster) seems to have a pencil in his matters, and has consistently presented rotten dogshit creative in whatever he's involved in. Some of the absolute worst. I'm sure there's an exception. There was that exceptional Ethan Page obnoxious dance/mic work run on Dark. Maybe Matt was in on that.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

On the Jericho stuff- I hope it isn't true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

If there's anything to this beyond "he said, she said", Jericho needs to be suspended at a minimum, and preferably fired the way Punk was.    One uncorroborated allegation shouldn't be sufficient to hurt someone's career. 

If TK knew about anything that corroborated this , and swept it under the rug, that's a very, very bad look.  I think that's unlikely though.  It's also possible they knew about the allegation, investigated already, and decided there wasn't enough proof to go public/do something with it. 

• Like 2

This whole situation is snowballing, and I'm not sure if we've seen the eye of the storm yet. 

More than anything, I hope the only name that's emerged in all of this is doing OK. 

One thing is for certain, Tony Khan cannot under any circumstances allow Chris Jericho to go into the arena tonight. He has to be quietly written off the show. 

• Haha 1

If people could stop dragging Kylie’s name into every bit of AEW drama then that would be great. Her departure has been cleared multiple times. Not to mention her departure from other places before and after AEW don’t even involve Jericho. It’s like Hausman wants to get sued. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Okay. Some thoughts about all of the Jericho stuff from how I understand it:

1) I don’t want to make it seem like I think this is all fake and made up. We all know dudes creeping on women at work happens. I have seen it happen at places where I work. It’s gross and I would absolutely believe Chris Jericho or any wrestler or really anyone in a position of workplace power would try something.

2) But Wrestling journalism is atrocious. If Haussmann is just passing along a rumor he heard from a few different people indirectly, then he is just spreading an unsubstantiated rumor and is going to get in a lot of trouble. If he actually heard this from the victim in question, I am wondering if he asked Chris Jericho for his side of the story (which you need to do.) But compare what the WSJ did for Vince — they saw and reviewed all of the documentation. No victim came forward or anything like that. Hausman also hedged the hell out of what he said on the podcast — “I heard that…” and etc.

3) The victim’s name surfaced a little bit later because of stuff that was resurfaced on Twitter from some Twitter users (I think Vito Thomaselli.) 

4) If this is true — we can make a really safe assumption TK knows about it and Hausman is really crappy at his job for not bringing that up. Because usually “hush money in exchange for a NDA” comes from an employer and not someone who is more akin to a senior level employee.

• Like 3

This won't cancel Jericho, nor should it. A vague rumor from an unknown source of an event that happened four years ago shouldn't torpedo anyone's career. Now if this leads to more information/allegations that's different of course, but just what came out today alone (a unsourced podcast mention from someone with an agenda and a heart emoji from Kylie) I certainly wouldn't pull Jericho from the PPV or whatever else some want to happen. People are so fast to play judge, jury, and executioner with very little information.

• Like 3

Hopefully someone who is good at their job does more investigating.

On the other side of the coin: There is a 99.9 percent chance Jericho is a source for a bunch of wrestling reporters, so anyone who reads favorable to him I would take with a huge grain of salt, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

This won't cancel Jericho, nor should it. A vague rumor from an unknown source of an event that happened four years ago shouldn't torpedo anyone's career. Now if this leads to more information/allegations that's different of course, but just what came out today alone (a unsourced podcast mention from someone with an agenda and a heart emoji from Kylie) I certainly wouldn't pull Jericho from the PPV or whatever else some want to happen. People are so fast to play judge, jury, and executioner with very little information.

I am not calling for a Chris Jericho suspension, firing, or anything of the like yet. What I am calling for is to remove him from the show tonight because if he does go out there, it's going to be bad and a huge distraction. 

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I am not calling for a Chris Jericho suspension, firing, or anything of the like yet. What I am calling for is to remove him from the show tonight because if he does go out there, it's going to be bad and a huge distraction. 

To who though? Ric Flair has notable and nationally televised sexual allegations and the AEW crowd still cheered him. I know we know about the allegations against Jericho but I think we sometimes forget not everyone that watches wrestling is "always online" and from there, how many people that hear about it actually believe/care about it. I'd bet my shoe that the crowd will be singing along to Judas tonight as always, either because they didn't hear about the allegations or don't care either way.

Now, if TK has knowledge we don't and is afraid this will "blow up" in the next few days then I could see him replacing him since his match isn't overly important, I just don't think based on what we know now that pulling a major star from a PPV based on something said on a podcast is necessary.

15 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

To who though? Ric Flair has notable and nationally televised sexual allegations and the AEW crowd still cheered him. I know we know about the allegations against Jericho but I think we sometimes forget not everyone that watches wrestling is "always online" and from there, how many people that hear about it actually believe/care about it. I'd bet my shoe that the crowd will be singing along to Judas tonight as always, either because they didn't hear about the allegations or don't care either way.

Now, if TK has knowledge we don't and is afraid this will "blow up" in the next few days then I could see him replacing him since his match isn't overly important, I just don't think based on what we know now that pulling a major star from a PPV based on something said on a podcast is necessary.

I’m not saying that wouldn’t happen. People were cheering for McMahon when he went on TV after the first story broke. I’m saying AEW shouldn’t let it happen.

The story is out there now and it’s catching fire irregardless of Ric Flair or McMahon situations. Jericho should not be onscreen tonight and I stand by that. 

This is the worst situation in some ways. There's not really enough reason to pull him, but he's become the story, and having another member of the roster compared to Wenstein when you're about to unmask the devil.......well it's not quite 'who blew up Vince' but it's not exactly helpful either.

The thing is, he's in a nothing match even if it does have Sting in it. Pull him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Hopefully someone who is good at their job does more investigating.

Lol at anyone being good at reporting wrestling.

And pulling Jericho would be beyond dumb. Get a grip and think this shit through.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Kevin, literally on this same page, put it succinctly enough. If you have him on ignore or didn’t even bother to read what he had to say then that’s on you.

Hopefully no one has me on Ignore haha people may not always agree with me but I like to think I'm fair with my takes and don't talk down to people.

• Like 6

At this point Tony has to reveal the Devil in order to have some reason ANY REASON to talk about the PPV in the media scrum tonight. 

The worst part of this is that Kylie Rae is being used as a complete pawn by almost everyone involved and I seriously doubt she wanted anything to do with this bullshit.  I am in the camp that Nick Hausman is just using her for clout   It is pretty fucked up and if wrestling media had any balls they would call out everyone involved. 

Also mildly curious how the Judas entrance will be.   I mean are they going to be "TEAM AEW" and sing for this guy even louder.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Hopefully no one has me on Ignore haha people may not always agree with me but I like to think I'm fair with my takes and don't talk down to people.

Quite so. I actually have had Craig on ignore for quite a while, and whilst I do normally read his posts I have been reminded as to why.

The thing is Kylie Rae did heart that tweet and therefore she does seem to want to have something to do with it. I didn't really know who Hausman was, but apparently he just interviewed Steve New and they'll put that out there tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1