DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Dolfan in NYC

The committee have to be the biggest Georgia and Louisville supporters on the planet right now. They both win (and Michigan wins) and the only decision is the seeding, and even that seems pretty obvious with Georgia #1, Texas #4, and who really cares who is #2 or #3 between Michigan and Washington.

If Bama and FSU both win... Michigan with a win and Washington would be locks, but 13-0 FSU, especially if they don't look great and barely eke out a win, 12-1 Georgia, 12-1 CC Alabama, and 12-1 CC Texas for two spots. Yikes.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

This game is hard for me as on one hand, I rarely root for Alabama but on the other hand, I am a lover of chaos and Alabama winning would definitely encourage some chaos tomorrow.

Root for Bama for the possibility that they might win this game, knock Georgia out of the playoff, and somehow also not make it. Then root for Michigan to win and for Florida State to annihilate Louisville to make it a bit more likely.

• Like 1

Georgia is getting beat up on offense.  You have a QB with a bad non throwing fingers and their two top WR are pretty banged up as well.   It isn't looking good for them

So is this the last game on CBS for the SEC or just the last SEC championship game on CBS?  if so that almost feels as bad as the end of PAC 12

Edited by hammerva

Georgia is out if they lose. They become the 3rd or 4th best one-loss team.

Interested in the mental gymnastics the selection committee will do to put Alabama over Texas.

Another big decision is going to be SMU or Liberty for the group of 5 BCS bowl bid. SMU has losses to Oklahoma and TCU, and Liberty went undefeated, but beat a lot of powder puffs.

Michigan with probably an insurmountable 10-0 lead in the 1st.  

Meanwhile Florida State may have to convince the playoff people that they will NOT be playing with this particular QB.   This offense is awful under their 3rd stringer

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

The announcers in the ACCCG haven’t watched a Seminoles game all year and the guys in the studio are busy watching the Big 10 CG apparently. We’re calling this game perfectly on offense, and we’re playing it better than what it looks like all things considered. I threw shade at us never doing this in my last post. This is what I meant lol!

We’re focused. We’re running the ball, even though running the ball isn’t working. Nobody is running carelessly or trying to hard to make a play. We’re tackling and we’re covering the WRs. That’s what we need to do to win this game whether anybody likes it or not.

Meanwhile all the people getting paid see is dooooooiiiiiiii they need to throw the ball down the field doooooiiiiiii they need to make big plays doooooiiiiiii. That’s how we got behind in games vs average opponents all year. Then vs North Bama we weren’t even focused on playing the game. Then Travis tried to take over and got hurt. So naw…I’ll take it just like this. 

With Michigan winning, Hail to the Victors will be replaced with Hail to the Victims.

Just.. who are the Victims?

Commiteemember Foz says

Washington: IN. Michigan: IN, Texas IN, Alabama IN

Out: Florida State, Georgia, 

Why? I want to put Florida State in for Alabama over body of work, but.. A) The QB situation is too bad for FSU, and Texas beat Alabama (AT Alabama), who beat Georgia (on neutral field), and GA had some really down games this year. B) If the SEC had to go one year without a team in the college football playoffs, the SEC would start the second American Civil War.

Texas might as well be SEC now, so in theory, you can get away with keeping UGA and Bama out of the CFP. FSU won ugly, and the committee still values undefeated Power 5 records. Plus the SEC as a whole was down and overrated this year. 

My CFP four:

michigan

washington

florida state

texas

I'm guessing Michigan at 1, Washington at 2, then it depends on what sort of games they wanna play with matchups.

Michigan/Florida State at this point is pretty likely to involve Michigan smothering Florida State to death with a pillow because Michigan has a strong defense and Florida State has an uninspiring offense lately.

It wouldn't shock me at all if Washington ends up losing to the 3 seed.

So, Michigan vs Alabama and Texas vs Washington and an Alabama/Texas NCG.

I just can't see them leaving out FSU. The back-up will be back by the playoffs so it won't be the 3rd string in there and FSU was the #4 seed going into weekend. I can't imagine them having both Alabama and Texas (#7 and #8) leapfrog them even after FSU beat the #14 team in the ranking, that would be pretty crazy to me.

So the big question to me is who is the #4 seed, Texas or Alabama. I'd lean Texas since they beat Alabama in the head to head. So my prediction would be Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas in the last spot.

Nick Saban being the first team out in back to back years feels like the ingredients for a lot of drama. Alabama will take that as a sign to never schedule anybody with a pulse in non-con ever again.

but yeah, FSU getting the QB who led them to a 24-15 victory over Florida probably means that their first round game will be a little less tedious, depending on who you have faith in between Florida State and a Pac-12 team

Edited by Cobra Commander

Look, Alabama has the best loss out of all the 1-loss teams because they lost to a team that beat Alabama. /s

FSU is unbeaten, beat LSU by more, 2-0 against the SEC, didn't play an FCS team. 

Texas beat Alabama. 

Alabama has no argument. It's like people have suddenly forgotten that Alabama struggled for half the season, needed a miracle against a bad Auburn team, and needed to be gifted a TD against Georgia. 

Michigan

Washington

FSU/Texas

FSU/Texas

Edited by Tabe

More than forgetting anything, I think people are just leaning towards who the most dangerous team is now. Now I know you were just being sarcastic but they are disregarding all that for thinking similar to how they think about other playoff situations. You look at any playoff bracket that you have no personal interest in and no matter what the records are you choose the hottest team to win. That definitely is not FSU and it probably is Bama or Texas, but this system doesn’t work like that by design. To leave FSU out goes against the whole thing IMO. There’s also UGA who everybody is all OoOoOoO unprecedented over being #1 but they have voted undefeated teams out who lost on CCG weekend. 

So Idk…truth is I’m happy for my team this year either way. That hasn’t happened in forever. I only want them to go now for the guys that want to go and win. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

I am watching the reveal show which is very embarrassing for me to admit but even the ESPN guys are really not on the same page on who should be in. Booger and whoever is next to him had totally different takes on how the committee should decide. Its definitely a tougher decision than usual, I certainly have my own take as everyone does but its not as clear cut as they'd prefer. Someone gonna be mad.