DVDVR Message Board

The Termination of CM Punk by The Coward Tony Khan

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

We really need a food forum for you and @Octopus

My greatest legacy from my (brief) period as a Mod on the DVDVR Discord is creating the Tay-Melo-Food-and-Mainly-Pizza-Channel.

Which I started as a joke, then looked at it an hour later (thinking it would be dead and I should delete it) and it was the most active channel on there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

Pfft, they can pile on the calamari and the garlic bread for me. Suckers! That's what I came there for!

Was having a celebratory dinner with my gf at an Indian place Monday for our moving in.  She went to town on the garlic naan.

And she calls me the Black Hole princess...

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Jenalysis said:

Was having a celebratory dinner with my gf at an Indian place Monday for our moving in.  She went to town on the garlic naan.

Naan's great. I could eat a shitload of naan. I forget the brand but there's one that Shop Rite sells that's thicker than most I've had out to eat, and it's great warmed in the toaster with roasted garlic, butter, jelly, cinnamon sugar, basically anything you'd do with like a croissant or toast (also congrats on the moving in)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

Being a pescetarian, the appetizer sampler is pretty much what saves me at like 99% of restaurants.

Being Greek I quickly realized why the meze style is so popular over there.  You get to try a bunch of awesome food and you're not committed to just one entree or sandwich.  When I went five years ago I got an entree and was the odd man out but it meant more of the meze for the rest of the crew (which with the Ouzo flowing meant it still got demolished in no time anyway)  Here it's the reverse though I feel like getting a sampler next time.  And yes the more calamari the better.  Though I can quickly detect the frozen stuff so if it says hand breaded at the restaurant then I'll get that as often as I can.

12 hours ago, AxB said:

My greatest legacy from my (brief) period as a Mod on the DVDVR Discord is creating the Tay-Melo-Food-and-Mainly-Pizza-Channel.

Which I started as a joke, then looked at it an hour later (thinking it would be dead and I should delete it) and it was the most active channel on there.

I love the food channel even though we haven't seen Tay eat pizza in almost a year.  I just made a slight title change but can always revert if needed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jenalysis said:

not the Black Hole Sun...or Son

On 9/14/2023 at 6:18 PM, zendragon said:

We really need a food forum for you and @Octopus

It would just be me talking about mushroom quesadillas and whatever candy I was eating that week (See's toffee-ettes, if you're curious).

14 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Being Greek I quickly realized why the meze style is so popular over there.  You get to try a bunch of awesome food and you're not committed to just one entree or sandwich.  When I went five years ago I got an entree and was the odd man out but it meant more of the meze for the rest of the crew (which with the Ouzo flowing meant it still got demolished in no time anyway)  Here it's the reverse though I feel like getting a sampler next time.  And yes the more calamari the better.  Though I can quickly detect the frozen stuff so if it says hand breaded at the restaurant then I'll get that as often as I can.

Most Mediterranean countries had the right idea with the small shareable dishes so you get a little of everything and aren't constrained to one dish like a sucker. I should find a good tapas place. (Is Spain Mediterranean? Ah whatever.)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think he also said he’s got time on his hands - “for the next two months”.

Forgot to include that. Yeah, he's going to New York.

He's going to be this year's grand marshall for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Gonna take up a lot of his time.

• Haha 5