DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Moving Punk into Wheeler's spot is infinitely more interesting than anyone else, that's for sure.

Storyline-wise, it opens up some options, too. You can have Punk accept Dax's request to fill-in this week, leading to Joe getting pissed and attacking Punk again, making him not 100% for All In. And, if that all happens, you have the added intrigue of Punk working with the Bucks and how that's going to work out. Do they cooperate, etc.? Then, have the Bucks take the titles, and (if Cash's stuff gets sorted out) FTR have a legit gripe for a rematch. Also, you can move Joe/Punk to All Out which would be fun in front of a Chicago crowd.

I don't want to minimize whatever is happening with Cash. It doesn't look great, but we know so little right now. I'm just wildly speculating on what could be interesting, strictly on-air wrestling-wise, in light of this news.

I can't imagine them deviating from Punk/Joe at this point. Also certainly he already has some sort of match planned for All Out. Regardless, they have to deal with it tomorrow if there's something to be dealt with.

It'd be a lot funnier if people were speculating Jey Uso instead of Punk though.

(Latest I've seen from random people on the internet is that whether or not Cash can go to the UK for work will depend upon his bail terms. From the UK perspective, if he was convicted that'd be another matter).

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, RefMattyD570 said:

How many times do you think Dax has called Tony Khan to see if he can team with Bret at Wembley?

I don't think Bret's current WWE Legends deal allows him to appear with any other company that has TV anymore, but a fun way to salvage this (as well pay homage to the past) might be to see if MLW would loan out Harry Smith for a night.

• Haha 1

Looking at the current roster (and without unlikely possibilities like Edge/Christian), I think having The Acclaimed come out as surprise opponents and beating the the Bucks for the vacant titles might be the one option to keep the crowd happy. Can't see anyone in Wembley (me included) shitting on that.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I swear. If one more person suggests Harry Smith working All In, I'm going to lose it.

I know, I knowwwww - but I figured it kind of works in this instance with the whole FTR ❤️ Bret connection. It's not like I suggested him 2-3 months ago operating under the thought of like, 'THEY NEED LOCAL FLAVOR, AND A DIRECT SS '92 LINK, MUST SIGN NOW'

7 minutes ago, Mr. Monday Morning said:

Personally, if it's not FTR then sorry but I don't want half a team. Vacate the belts, ask Aussie Open to pull double duty - they're more than capable of pulling off something great with the Bucks.

Plus it would give them a reason to avoid doing that MJF and Adam Cole tag title match on the pre-show against them which is a stupid idea

17 minutes ago, Matt D said:

By far the funniest actually viable option is Rob Van Dam. He's never worked the Bucks!

It’s too bad that Sabu is already aligned with Adam Cole - Sabu against the Bucks would be incredible for all the wrong reasons. 

13 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Push Bucks/FTR to All Out would be the cleanest option and give people a reason to get hyped for that show.

Yeah.  And add the Bucks and Gunns to Kenny's match, make it a 10 man.

My hope is that Cash alerted them of the situation when it happened and they've been ahead of it when booking FTR.  Hasn't WWE fired people for not disclosing shit like this to them? 

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt not because I like him but because I always do in situations like this and he doesn't have a known history of mischief.  Maybe he flashed his piece on the lanes, it happens

• Like 1