DVDVR Message Board

THE AFTERMATH - WWE TV - 4/3 - 4/9/2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Okay since people who never post about WWE are now posting about how much they hated an episode of Raw:

1) Cody gets to now have a hot feud against Brock. That is a main event level match depending on whatever Roman is doing that PPV. It is also a new matchup. 

2) It frees Roman up for the next part of The Bloodline saga. And they already teased his disappointment with The Usos. 

Longterm storytelling!

• Like 1

In non-predetermined sports, there's the concept of a championship window and having limited chances to win a championship.

Well, guess Cody's championship window just slammed shut.

But they probably told him this would be what Dusty would have done to keep him away from the title.

Just now, Greggulator said:

Cody gets to now have a hot feud against Brock. That is a main event level match depending on whatever Roman is doing that PPV. It is also a new matchup. 

Could be a good match and a good win to set Cody up. But it's also Brock, so I'm a little worried -- about both how much he wants to do and him potentially eating Cody. Hoping to be surprised! 

• Like 2

Just now, Greggulator said:

Okay since people who never post about WWE are now posting about how much they hated an episode of Raw:

1) Cody gets to now have a hot feud against Brock. That is a main event level match depending on whatever Roman is doing that PPV. It is also a new matchup. 

2) It frees Roman up for the next part of The Bloodline saga. And they already teased his disappointment with The Usos. 

No shit, sherlock. I know you are the WWE defender around here, and I respect that, but you regularly fail to grasp that we have been fans a long time and understand what they are doing. Just because we understand it, doesn't mean we have to like it. You aren't on a different intellectual level than us when it comes to basic wrestling storylines a five year old could write, its our opinion that the storyline they chose isn't entertaining or the way we wanted it to go. Hope that clears things up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Okay. What about the people who sat through a 3 hour show in anticipation of seeing Cody and Brock vs. Solo and Roman?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

No shit, sherlock. I know you are the WWE defender around here, and I respect that, but you regularly fail to grasp that we have been fans a long time and understand what they are doing. Just because we understand it, doesn't mean we have to like it. You aren't on a different intellectual level than us when it comes to basic wrestling storylines a five year old could write, its our opinion that the storyline they chose isn't entertaining or the way we wanted it to go. Hope that clears things up.

So go watch something else then. Plenty of wrestling options for you. 

• Like 2

It's Omos!  Elias gets murdalized.  Rey Mysterio and Austin Theory wrestle each other!  Rey is wrestling as an underdog and he hits a good comeback.  Theory cut him off with slick looking Sycho Sid Spinning Powerbomb!  I guess Rey is comparatively the size of Lee Scott in comparison to Theory and Sid.  Dominik shows up to cost Rey the match!  Bad Bunny gets beaten to death by Damien Priest.  Rey gets beaten to death by Dominik!  Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn take on the Street Profits!  I'm guessing the days of Sami Zayn wrestling like Terry Funk are behind us.  It is El Generico full stop for a while.  Kinda heatless since it is babyface vs babyface and all.  I assume Montez Ford and Kevin Owens will do something spectacular to draw the crowd in.  Sami hits the first spectacular move with a Tope Con Hilo.  Dawkins and Ford hits a BLOCKBUSTER DOOMSDAY DEVICE!  FUN!  Sami hits an Exploider into the corner!  CANNONBALL AND SWANTON by Owens!  Ford hits a BLITZKRIEG-LEVEL TOPE CON HILO!  Sami kicks Ford in the head after Owens hits a Stunner for the win!  That was good!  Bobby Lashley MAULS Mustafa Ali!  Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez take on IYO SKY and Dakota Kai!  Raquel with the Spinning Stretch Muffler!  Raquel Powerbombs Liv to the floor onto DMG CNTRL!  Liv MORPHS into our face in peril in picture in picture. Dakota Kai takes a total lunatic bump through the ropes to the floor.  Raquel maes the hot tag and hits many clotheslines.  Dakota Kai is a lawn dart for Raquel!  Fun finish as Raquel CRUSHES Kai with a Powerbomb and Liv hits her finisher (A FLATLINER!) for the win.  That was GOOD!  Hey!  Matt Riddle is back!  Brock Lesnar F-5s Cody Rhodes!  And again!  SUPLEX CITY!  Brock hits him with a chair!  He hits him with the steel steps!  F-5 through the announce desk!  F-5 on the steel steps in the ring!  Lesnat gets CURSEY!  That was fun!

• Like 3

Just now, S.K.o.S. said:

Okay. What about the people who sat through a 3 hour show in anticipation of seeing Cody and Brock vs. Solo and Roman?

They got a shocking unexpected heel turn? And that is wrestling? 

• Like 1

AEW fans might be tribalistic, but WWE fanboys are straight up gaslight by that fed.

You want Cody to keep going with Reigns? No, fuck you, you actually want a “hot” feud with Cody & Brock instead. Yessss, we do!!

• Like 6

So in theory:

Cody vs Brock at Backlash

maybe Cody vs Solo at King and Queen of the Ring

Cody wins Money in the Bank

Cody vs Roman at Summerslam.

Hopefully this journey can be filled with captivating moments and no heat is lost along the way. 

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

As someone who didn't have much of an issue with the booking at WrestleMania....   this RAW sucked.  It actually felt very much like a Vince show. 

Not a really good show but I think it is more because they just had WM and not a lot of time to put a show together tonight aside from the angle to close the show. 

4 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

You honestly think they will let Brock lose to Cody?The whole Bloodline saga won’t end until they pay Rock enough to wrestle Roman.My 13 year old son who’s a diehard WWE fan since he was 5 was so upset last night and tonight,all he could say was how stupid it was and doesn’t even care to watch anymore.Great way to build longtime fans!

• Like 3

Everyone just breathe.   

We all know Brock is just mad that Tony only offered him $20m a year and now he's taking it out on Cody.

And I'm going to bed... Let's keep things civil okay?

I guess I'll hazard the risk of being lectured or called dumb for not appreciating the clear genius of offering up the bold new story of...Brock Lesnar throwing around a hot babyface for a while. 

• Haha 1

This feels like 2013-2014 WWE which was the last time the show was this hot and everyone hated it and crapped on people who said “wait and see how it plays out” and then it paid out with Daniel Bryan winning the big one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Octopus said:

So in theory:

Cody vs Brock at Backlash

maybe Cody vs Solo at King and Queen of the Ring

Cody wins Money in the Bank

Cody vs Roman at Summerslam.

Hopefully this journey can be filled with captivating moments and no heat is lost along the way. 

So, Roman is turned face by the end of the Bloodline and Cody is a heel with Heyman by the end of the summer?

The way the feds treat their fans

That Other Place (TM): "We'll give the people what they want."

This Godforsaken Place: "Hahaha fuck you. No seriously. Fuck you. We get all our money from Peacock now, so go fuck yourselves. With a cactus. We'll do it our way"

edit: Now that I've gotten the worst of my bile out, let me try to explain it: The Brock turn was meant to be shocking yes, but there's a difference between shocking and "where the cinnamon toast FUCK did that come out of" Brock's turn was the second. Plus the same "Acknowledge" bullshit.

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

This feels like 2013-2014 WWE which was the last time the show was this hot and everyone hated it and crapped on people who said “wait and see how it plays out” and then it paid out with Daniel Bryan winning the big one. 

Dude, if WWE can manage to sign Bryan then I’m so in on all of this.

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

So, Roman is turned face by the end of the Bloodline and Cody is a heel with Heyman by the end of the summer?

Cody will be full blown heel but Roman will be a nonchalant cool guy Tweener. His new catchphrase will be, It’s all groooooovy.” He’ll be so casually likable that the fans will cheer, but he wears sunglasses in doors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Not a really good show but I think it is more because they just had WM and not a lot of time to put a show together tonight aside from the angle to close the show. 

Listen, I like a good heel turn and all but we are going to need to see a pretty good reason for this. Brock just KILLED this dude.  I get that it gets Cody away from Roman and Brock/Cody can have a good match but we are in an era where story telling matters so I'm holding them to that standard.  

Triple H and Khan just said they have 6 months to a year mapped out...  

• Like 1