DVDVR Message Board

2023 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

RIPPA

He also plays the evil kinda undead wizard, Xusia, in the beyond campy sandals & sorcery epic, The Sword & The Sorcerer.

Basically if the movie needed a big scary guy and it was made in the 80's or 90's, Richard Moll played that guy.

RIP Father Esteban.  Wait a sec...

Anyway..

In addition to being a gnarly horror movie, Evilspeak may be the greatest anti-bullying PSA ever made and it's Halloween so it's the best season to right an old wrong and check it out.

Edited by J.T.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, odessasteps said:

I will again put forward my controversial opinion that I prefer the Shaft’s Big Score theme by OC Smith to the original Issac Hayes theme.

You are wrong.  OC Smith opening title track is awesome, but Shaft in Africa opening creds are by the mother fucking Four Tops.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I know this is going to make me a jerk but how do you drown in a jacuzzi?  Well as an adult as a kid I understand.    I guess you can possible get caught something or banged his head and can't get lift up but most are only at most a 4 foot pool.    Really sad as it seemed like all of his previous issues he had dealt with

Edited by hammerva

• 3 weeks later...

British character actor Joss Ackland died earlier today at age 95. Probably best known as the evil South African diplomat in Lethal Weapon 2 ...

(1) Lethal Weapon 2 "Sometimes I Just Go Nuts" Scene - YouTube

... The Soviet ambassador in Hunt for Red October ...

(1) The Hunt for Red October Andrei you have lost another submarine - YouTube

... and the old taxi passenger in a Pet Shop Boys film and music video ...

(1) Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind (Demo "Movie Edit" Version) [HD, extended clip, remastered audio] - YouTube

• Like 3

I haven't seen it since I was a kid but remember thinking it was solid enough. I was a BIG Full Moon fan when I was a kid though. The Puppet Master films, Subspecies films, awful trash like Arcade and Dollman vs. Demonic Toys even. The whole self-contained oeuvre that they had, with the in-house soundtracks and filmmakers and box art, etc. In retrospect they only had a handful of actually good movies (Puppet Master III, The Pit and the Pendulum, Castle Freak) but it was all really fun for pre-adolescent me. 

EDIT: Ha, here's a funny memory. I was visiting my aunt and uncle and cousins down in Florida. I don't remember where the kids were, but they were gonna go out and whoop it up and took me to a Blockbuster first to give me a rental to watch to give me something to do. I picked out Trancers 4 or 5, can't remember which, because my aunt was crowing about slasher movies and how she didn't want me to watch something violent. It looked passable for her and it was a Full Moon picture, so I thought that'd work. It did, and she was relieved. They take off and I put in the video, the trailers start... and they're trailers for Charles Band's Torchlight Entertainment subsidiary label films, full of nude women! Totally unexpected, and awesome.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

Sid Krofft posted this on Instagram last night…

I'm heartbroken over the loss of my baby brother.
I really know that all of you meant the world to him.
It's YOU that made this all happen.
Thank you for being there with us all these years.
Love, Sid

• Like 1